Status: Comments = updates! :D

One Thing

Moving On

"Oh my gosh, we miss you guys so much. High school sucks without you three." Paige pouted.

"Hey now, we did our time in that hell hole. no way we're going back."

I sipped some of my tea and nodded. "I agree with Brittany. It was fun but good god I hated it. That's a chapter in my life that I don't want to go back to."

"Amen to that!" laughed Alice.

It's been a good year and a half since I moved to California. I found out that it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Of course I was shy on my first day at an american high school, what kid from across the pond wouldn't. People thought my accent was the most amazing thing ever. Strange how the simplest things catch their attention. They looked at me like some sort of alien. Then I met the girls. Brittany was the first american friend i made here. She had and still has no shame. If there was something about a person she didn't like, she'd let them know. Sure it was mean but in her eyes it was a way to defend herself and prove that she wasn't as weak as people thought.

Through her I met Alice. They had been friends for years and they gladly took me in. Alice was shy at first when we met. We had a few awkward moments but we soon opened up to one another. Shortly after that, we met Paige, Rachel, and Atti. We met those three in detention. For a while Paige called us the all girls breakfast club. Since then the six of us have been inseparable. Well that was until Brittany, Alice, and myself graduated. We still remained close and always hung out when given the chance, like today. College took up most of my time unlike the other girls. Designing and styling was my life. Always has, always will. Now that I'm doing the one thing I love, I'm happy as can be. Or so I thought.

Moving to america had its ups but it also had its downs. A month after moving to Los Angeles, my father was diagnosed with early stages of cancer. That news broke me. I didn't know the girls at that time so I didn't have a shoulder to cry on. My dad kept telling me that he was gonna be okay. That he was going to go into treatment and get better. He did, for the most part. Now he has to take medicine to keep himself healthy. My dad still remains at risk though. During that moment to now, I have a tendency to cry when I think about it too much. When I do, I think of him. The boy left back in England. The lad who stole my heart.

I think of his smile, his laugh, his amazing personality, and the way he was always there by my side. I missed him and I still do. I think about constantly to be honest and according to Brittany, it's not healthy. She doesn't know him by name. She just know him as 'that one guy'. Same for Alice who has told me to move on and I have, well I'm trying.

"How's school going Ellie?"

I looked at Paige and smiled. "It's going absolutely amazing actually."

"Oh my gosh, you better have your own line by the end of the year. Your stuff is amazing."

I shook my head and giggled. "Paige stop it. This is only school. There's still plenty of time before that happens."

"My babies!"

We all laughed at Atti's sudden entrance. She hugged everyone, leaving me for last. "I ran into someone on my way in that you might know."

I looked at her strangely but before I could ask her who it was, I felt a pair of arms wrap around my waist. "Hey babe."

I turned around and came face to face with my boyfriend. "Hi Brian."

He smiled and pecked me on the lips. I met Brian during our senior year of high school. He was a jock and I of course was the new foreign girl. One day he asked me out and I decided to take Alice's advice and move on. I did say I was trying...

"So you ready for tonight?" He smiled rather eagerly.

"Uh tonight?"

Brian sighed and shook his head. "Don't tell me you forgot about our movie date El."

My lightbulb suddenly turned on. "Oh my gosh, that was today?" He nodded. "Oh god, I'm so sorry. I totally spaced about it. I kind of signed up to go to New York tomorrow."

"So there's no way you can stay out late?" He pouted.

I shook my head. "Unfortunately not."

He ran a hand through his hair and shrugged. "It's whatever then."

He was clearly upset. "Maybe next week?"

"Yea sure. Anyway, I'll go call up the boys. See ya around."

After a peck on the cheek, he walked away talking on his phone.

"I don't like him."

I sighed and looked at Brittany. "I know you don't."

"Why are you still with him anyway? By the looks of it, he only wanted to get in your pants tonight." Rachel then finally spoke up after being on her phone the entire time. "And what's this about you going to New York."

"I don't even know myself to be honest and yea I figured that was why. As for the New York trip, Mrs. Lynch is taking a couple of us to assist at a photoshoot."

"Who's the shoot for?" Paige curiously asked.

I shrugged. "I don't know, I wasn't told much about it." I then pulled my phone out of my pocket and checked the time. "Oh gosh, it's already 4:27? I gotta get going."

"What?! But I just got here." Atti whined. "You can't do this to me Elena."

"Awh I'm sorry love but I still haven't packed my bags and my flight leaves around 7."

"You owe me Andrews."

I giggled and blew her a kiss as she continued to shoot daggers at me. "I'll make sure to remember that."

Once I said goodbye to all the girls, I headed home. I usually enjoyed the radio while going from place to place but at this very moment, it became a torture device. His voice began flowing throughout my car. My heart began to beat to the extreme. I immediately turned off the radio and drove in silence the rest of the way home. It didn't take long for me to arrive. Right when I walked in, a sweet aroma graced my nose. I placed my bag and keys on top of a nearby table and followed the smell. I then found my dad in the kitchen, standing behinds the stove, cooking away.

"Hello daddy."

He turned around and smiled. "Hello there darling. How was your meet with the girls?"

"It was quite enjoyable. It was wonderful to see them again. How are you feeling? Did you take your medications? Have been eating properly?"

My dad then burst out in laughter. "Elena, sweetheart calm down. I'm feeling fine, yes I've taken my medications as instructed, and yes I have indeed been eating properly."

I sighed. "I'm sorry daddy, I'm just worried is all. Maybe this trip to New York is a bad idea..."

"Oh no, you're going on that trip. I know how much it means to you. Don't let this old geezer hold you back."

"But daddy, you matter more to me tun this trip. You're all the family I have left. I don't want to lose you."

He walked over to me and pulled me into a tight embrace. "You won't lose me Elena. I'll be here when you get back." He then pulled away and gave me a goofy smile. "Plus it's only for two days, what exactly can happen?"

I playfully shoved him. "Daddy, don't jinx it!"

He just lagged at my reaction. I couldn't help but laugh along with him, seven though I was still worried. After packing my bags and getting ready for my flight, I sat down with my dad and ate dinner. We joked here and there and he made me promise to at least bring him back something. Once we were down, we were off to the airport. When we arrived, my dad and I met up with Mrs. Lynch and the other students that were coming along. It didn't take long after that for the plane to board. I said goodbye to my dad and promised that I'd call when given the chance to check up on him. He agreed to my terms and sent me off with my group. As I took my seat, the excitement finally settled in. This was my first time going to New York, what person wouldn't be excited?

Before I knew it, the plane made its way down the runway and took flight.
♠ ♠ ♠
FINALLY A NEW CHAPTER FOR YOU GUYS!
Sorry it took me forever.
I've been busy with work, I was in the hospital for a while(no big deal just 2-3 hours really) due to an injury at work(I pulled a ligament in my knee).
So much has happened.
I hope you guys will continue to stick around.
I've loved the feedback so far so please keep it up.
I will try my hardest to post as often as possible.
I PROMISE! ~xx S.R.