Status: Comments = updates! :D

One Thing

Gotta Be You

I tossed and turned as the pounding on my hotel room door got louder and louder, with more force than the last. I finally gave in and got out of bed.

"I'm coming."

I dragged myself to the door and slightly opened it only to find a rather annoyed Paul standing on the other side. "Up all night again?"

"Well aren't you punny this morning but if you must know, yes I was. You know how I enjoy a good late night twitcam session."

He smiled. "Ah yes, I'm very aware of that. Anyway, start getting ready. You boys have an interview this morning and a photoshoot a little after that."

"Are the others up yet?"

Paul shook his head. "Not yet. I'm on my way to wake them up now. I'll be back to check on you."

I nodded and yawned. "Alright."

With that said, Paul continued down the hallway to wake the other lads. After closing the door, I headed straight to the bathroom for a quick shower. As much as I wanted to just get back in bed for just a bit longer, what Paul pretty much said was law even though we do have a habit of not following them. I don't mind interviews or photoshoots but when I'm only running on like two or three hours of sleep, I tend to get a bit cranky or I crash. Right when we landed in New York, I decided to do one of my 'infamous' twitcams for the fans. It was my way of giving back for everything they've done for us and helped us achieve thus far.

Once I was out of the shower, I got ready for the day. Just as I was pulling my shirt over my head, there was a knock on the door. I walked over to answer only to find my blonde haired mate smiling.

"Mornin' Liam."

"Morning Niall. Come on in." I shut the door behind him once he was inside my room. "Are the others awake yet?"

"Harry I think went to wake up Louis and Zayn is still gettin' ready. You and I both know that'll take a while."

"Well you know Zayn, he's always gotta look good." We both laughed.

"Oh wanna get a bite to eat while the others get ready? I'm hungry."

"When are you not Nialler?" I chuckled. "But yea sure. Let's be sure to bring back something for the others."

He nodded. "Sounds good."

I quickly slipped on my converse, grabbed my phone and wallet off the nightstand and hurried out the door with Niall. We then rode the elevator down to the lobby. Once safely on the first floor, we snuck out the back of the hotel to avoid the crowd of fans up front. When we felt like the area was clear, we made our way down the street without a problem. We ended up eating at a McDonalds down the street. Just as we finished our breakfast, Niall quietly spoke up.

"So Liam..."

I took a sip of my orange juice before giving him my full attention. "Yes, what is it?"

"Are you hoping to run into Elena while we're in LA in a few days?"

I sighed. "I want to but in all honesty, the chances of that are not looking too good."

"Yea I understand. The lads and I are hoping for the best though."

"Thanks mate."

Right after that, we made our way back to the hotel but not before grabbing a couple coffees from Starbucks. No words could describe how badly I seriously wanted to see Elena. After everything that was left unsaid, why wouldn't I?

As Niall and I arrived back at the hotel, we met up with the other lads in our floor hallway with Paul waiting nearby. He wasn't too pleased with the fact that Niall and I had snuck out without his permission.

"Where have you blokes been?" Louis asked placing his hands on his hips. His eyes then gazed at the drinks in our hands. "Starbucks? You two went to Starbucks and didn't bother to invite us? How would you feel if we didn't invite you, huh?"

Harry placed his arm around Louis and chuckled. "Lou calm down. We all know you're not a morning person."

Louis wrapped his arms around Harry's torso and buried his face into the younger lad's neck. "I'm just so tired Hazza." He whined.

I sighed and smiled. "Here drink this Louis. Niall and I didn't forget about you three."

Louis quickly snatched the drink out of my hand and drank away. "So good!" He squealed, causing the rest of us to laugh.

"Boys, it's time to go."

Once everyone had their drink, we all followed Paul out the building, through a crowd of fans and into a taxi cab that waited for us on the curb. We all climbed into the back seats as Paul took the passenger seat and directed our driver to our destinations. Like Paul had said before, we had an interview first before heading to our photoshoot later on.

We all hopped out of the cab and into the building before us for our magazine interview. It didn't take long after being seated down in a private room for our interview to take way.

"Hello boys pleasure to meet you. My name is Heather Sinclair and I'll be your interviewer this morning."

Harry smiled. "Pleasure to meet you too Heather."

"I hope you all don't mind but we'd love to record the interview for our site."

I smiled and shook my head. "Absolutely not, go right ahead."

She returned the smile and nodded. "Thank you. Now shall we begin?"

After we all gave our approval, she began asking away.

"Alright so let's begin with you all introducing yourselves to the camera for those who don't know you."

"Hello I'm Zayn Malik."

"I'm Niall Horan."

"Hi everyone I'm Louis Tomlinson."

"I'm Harry Styles."

"Hello there, I'm Liam Payne."

"Fantastic." Heather smiled. "Alright so if I'm correct, this isn't the first time you boys have been in America right?"

Harry nodded. "Correct. We spent quite a bit of time in America recording our album 'Up All Night' a while back. For some of us, it's our first time in New York."

"Ands how are you all liking our grand city?"

Louis shrugged. "We have yet to find out. We just arrived late last night but we are curious nonetheless."

"So you boys are going on tour with fellow boy band Big Time Rush. Have you ever had the chance to meet them before the tour was set?"

I shook my head. "Not at all until recently. Of course we had heard about them and were familiar with their music but never met them."

Niall nodded. "When we finally did meet, they were really no different from us so we got along instantly. They we're really chill and laid-back. A bunch of fun guys."

"So BTR is a boy band and, obviously, 1D is too. How does it feel to be bringing back the boy band craze?"

"Well Heather," Louis began. "I feel quite honored. I grew up listening to past boy bands like *NSYNC and the Backstreet Boys. So knowing that we're part of the reason the boy bands are making a comeback is amazing."

"Another thing that's pretty amazing is that you boys are being compared and considered just as great, if not greater, than the biggest band in the world, the Beatles."

I nodded. "So we've heard and it's quite an enormous honor but in all honesty, we'll never truly compare to how massively talented and fantastic they were and still are."

"Alright for this next portion of our interview we asked your fans, directioners, a few weeks ago to submit questions on our website that we'd now like to ask you all if that's okay."

Louis nodded. "Absolutely love, ask away."

She smiled at Louis and continued on. "Ok so our first question comes from Claudia in Texas and she's wondering what yo boys look for in a girl. Let's go down the line and start with Zayn."

"Um I like a girl I can get on with. Like I don't have a specific type look-wise. I just want someone who I feel comfortable around and who I can spoil a bit."

"Niall?"

"I like a girl who can take a bit of banter, have a laugh, and who likes the same things as me. I also like the whole natural look."

"Louis, what about you?"

He thought for a bit. "Like Zayn, I don't have a specific look but I do like a girl who is spontaneous, bubbly, and has a good sense of humor. Oh and someone who is chatty, like me." Louis smiled.

"All fun qualities I see. And you Harry?"

"I don't have a type, because with some girls I may not find them attractive right away, but then I really get to like them because their personality is so attractive. I like a girl who I can have a conversation with and who can get on with my parents. For me it's important that my family take a liking to her."

"A family type of guy I see. That's rarely seen nowadays. And lastly, Liam. What do you look for in a girl?,

"I like a girl who I can be myself around. She's got to have a good sense of humor, amazing personality, perfect smile, the cutest little laugh that can cheer you up on your darkest of days..."

"Seems like you have a special girl in mind already."

I blushed. "Oh um well yea I suppose I do."

Heather giggled. "No worries, we won't ask anything about her."

"Thank you." I nodded and smiled.

She nodded as well and went on. "Our next question comes from Brooklyn in Minnesota and shed wants to know what your favorite body part is. Same order as before to keep it simple. Zayn you first again."

"My jaw line."

"I say my eyes." Niall smiled.

Louis pointed at his mouth. "My mouth because without it I wouldn't have a job!"

"Um...my hands because I've always been told that their soft." Harry smirked.

"I'd have to say my arms." I smiled.

"Next one is from Sabrina here in New York. What's your favorite date venue? Same order."

"A restaurant."

"Oh that's easy, Nandos!" Everyone laughed.

"Cinema. Simple but effective." Louis smiled.

"Restaurant."

"Cinema."

"Final question comes from Brittany in California. Who is single and who is taken?"

"I'm currently single."

"Single."

"I have a lovely girlfriend back home who I'm happy to be with." Louis gloated.

"Single as well."

"I'm single but my heart is taken."

With that said, we said our goodbyes and thank yous before heading out for a quick bite to eat. As we ate away at a fancy japanese restaurant, we spoke about our interview.

"Well that was new."

I nodded and agreed with Zayn. "Yea it was."

"What wasn't new was Harry trying to flirt with Heather."

Harry glared at Niall. "Was not."

"Bull shit mate. You were using that Harry charm of yours on the poor woman."

"Was not!"

"Yes you were."

Harry looked at Louis. "Really?"

Louis nodded. "Yup. What is it with you and older women?"

Harry just shrugged. "I don't know...can we change the subject."

Everyone laughed at how embarrassed Harry now was. In the back of my head I couldn't help but think about how easily I went on and on about Elena. Names were never mentioned but the lads and I all knew who I was referring to.

"Liam, you okay?"

"Huh?" I looked up and made eye contact with Zayn.

"We're leaving. It's time for our photoshoot."

"Well that was a rather fast lunch."

Zayn chuckled. "We were here for a good longs hour Li. You were too zoned out to notice. Now come on, the others are waiting."

I blushed and followed him out the door. "Sorry about that."

"No need mate. We all understand."

I smiled at my best mate before me. "Thanks."

We got into our cab and were immediately taken to our photoshoot. Right when we arrived, we were taken to wardrobe right away. The photographer began with individual shots of each member. He began with Harry, then Louis, and me. As he was taking my photos, I could've swore I saw Elena, or at least someone that looked like her, in the corner of my eye. It went on throughout my shoot. Once I stepped out, Niall was next.

"Liam are you ok?"

I looked at Louis and a concerned Harry and Zayn. "I just need air."

I walked away from my friends and made my way towards the hallway. Just as I opened the door to step out, the door collided with someone on the other side. A small amount of papers scattered across the ground.

"Hey watch where you're going you big dumb bloke."

I stepped out and closed the door behind. me before kneeling down and helping the young girl pick up her papers. "I'm sorry, I didn't see you."

"Obviously."

As I helped her, in the corner of my eyes, an all too familiar necklace peaked out from the young girl's hair. My heart immediately raced.

"Elena?"

She stopped what she was doing and finally looked at me. Those eyes. Those lips.

"It is you." I quickly pulled her into my arms as tears slowly formed in the corners of my eyes. "It's really you."
♠ ♠ ♠
New chapter!
Again sorry it took so long.

Um so yea...idk how I feel about this chapter.
Louis's sassiness makes an appearance.
Even a lil Larry.
As well as Harry and his love for older women.
Honestly I think it sucks but yea that's just me.
Leave me your honest opinion.
I'm also slowly hitting a bit of a writers block so msg me any ideas if you have any.
They are greatly appreciated.

Also I'm thinking of writing a Zayn or Niall story after this one.
Idk which to do first so you guys vote.
They will be linked in some way with this one.
No worries Harry will come in the near future as well.

Feedback? ~S.R. <3

Question credit goes to their book "Dare to Dream: Life as One Direction"

If you don't have it yet, get it ASAP! :)