Status: New Brusnop Fanfic. Comments are much appreciated. c:

This Is Your Demise

Ten

Danny could hear Ben sobbing from his bunk across the small hallway, and it felt like his heart was being twisted each time he heard another one. He had never heard Ben cry before, and now he knew that he never wanted to hear it ever again. It was just too painful to listen to.

A thought crossed Danny’s mind and he realized that it was probably hurting Ben far worse than himself right now to cry like that, and he changed his mind. He didn’t not just want to never hear Ben cry again, he didn’t want his best friend to cry again ever.

And yes, Ben was still Danny’s best friend. He didn’t know whether that was a good thing or a bad thing, but it is what it is, and a few heated kisses and touches weren’t going to break the friendship up.

As Danny thought back to when Ben and he had basically made out, he started to feel himself getting hard again and he cursed. He had just gotten the damn thing to settle down and now it was back up again.

Honestly he was kind of grossed out that he had made out with Ben, but at the same time he had actually enjoyed it. It was different then whenever he and Myca had kissed, but in a good way. And she had never turned him on so much with just a few kisses like that. He didn’t understand it at all and his thoughts were a jumble in his head.

Another thing stood out though, and that was after they had kissed and Ben had shoved him up against the wall. He had said Danny had beautiful eyes, and that his laugh could brighten his day and that his freckles were adorable. Myca hardly ever complimented his appearance unless she wanted something or when he was all dressed up. Ben thought he was attractive, and not just sexually, when he was in nothing but boxers and had his hair sticking up everywhere.

Before Danny really knew what he was doing, he had opened the curtains and walked over to Ben’s bunk before pushing back his curtains and climbing up inside. Ben’s sobs stopped suddenly and he turned to look at Danny with surprise, his eyes all red and puffy.

“Well scoot over,” Danny said, nudging Ben with his elbow.

Ben obediently made room for Danny and looked at him, obviously embarrassed and trying to hide the fact that there were still a few tears running down his face.

Danny slipped his arms around his best friend and snuggled up into his warm body, feeling a nice tingling somewhere in his body that made him scoot closer. I’m not gay, Danny thought. We both could just use a good cuddle, that’s all. Danny was trying to reassure himself more than anything.

Ben had stiffened up at Danny’s touch, but after a while of the two of them just laying together like that, Danny’s eyes closed and his light breathing starting to lull Ben to sleep, he loosened up quite a bit. Danny could feel Ben’s eyes on him, so he opened his up a crack to take a peek at Ben’s face.

Danny’s stomach did a little flop when he saw the way Ben was looking at him, and he quickly shut his eyes fully. Ben had been gazing up at him with an expression that looked a mix of adoration and longing, and Danny didn’t know how he was supposed to take that. He was not gay. He did not like men. But he still kept going back to that scene in the kitchen, and just thinking about it made his heart and his dick swell.

Danny inwardly groaned, not having a single idea what was going on with him. So let’s just pretend, only for a moment, that I’m gay. How would that even work? The whole gay sex thing is just…that’s gross. Shoving your cock up a place you shit from? No. No thank you. But then again, it isn’t all anal sex, I think. There’s like blowjobs, which are nice. And handjobs and stuff. Danny was suddenly overcome with an image of Ben giving him head, and he groaned out loud from how much he liked it.

“Danny?” he heard Ben’s soft and raspy voice right next to his ear and he jumped a little. He had forgotten that he was in Ben’s bed.

He opened his eyes and gave Ben a soft smile, squeezing him a little in his arms. “Yeah, Ben?”

Ben bit into his lip and looked down at his mattress, speaking softly. “Why’re you in here and why are you holding me?”

Danny felt himself blush at Ben’s words and he struggled to find a good excuse, because he honestly had no idea for why he had come in here. “I wanted to make you feel better. Hearing you cry is one of the most heartbreaking sounds in the world.”

“Do you honestly think coming into my bed after all that would make me feel better?” Ben turned away from Danny and had his back facing him, and Danny sighed.

“Ben, I’m sorry. I didn’t understand what was happening. I still don’t, really. It was just really surprising.” He slid his hand slowly up and down Ben’s back, trying to keep him calm and now get him all worked up again. The last thing Danny needed was another giant bruise on his face.

“That doesn’t explain why you kissed me back, or why you liked it.”

“Ben, I just. I don’t know.” Danny sighed and got up, pushing out of Ben’s bunk and climbing back into his own. He heard Ben softly call out his name, but he ignored him.

What was he doing? He did not like men, which means he did not like Ben; no matter what his cock said. Ben was a friend—his best friend—and nothing was going to mess that up.

Tomorrow he would wake up and pretend that it never happened, and everyone will go back to normal. Danny would make sure of that.

He rolled over in bed and punched his pillow a few times to fluff it up, and squeezed his eyes shut. Almost immediately his thoughts turned to Ben, and what had happened between them and he groaned. It was going to be a long night.
♠ ♠ ♠
So sorry this took so long- school is kicking my ass right now and I'm a mess thanks to One Direction. I'll add in who commented later because I'm in a rush, but thank you to everyone who commented and subscribed. c: