Status: New Brusnop Fanfic. Comments are much appreciated. c:

This Is Your Demise

Four

“Thank you Seattle, we’ve had a hell of a time playing for you guys and hope to be back soon!” Danny shouted into the microphone before him and the rest of the band walked offstage, Cameron catching some girls bra as she threw it onstage and held it up in the air like a trophy, the crowd screaming as he did so. Danny chuckled at his antics.

Danny was actually feeling pretty great right now. He thought it was just the rush from playing a show again and that it would wear off soon, but he planned to enjoy it since he never felt this good anymore. He grabbed a bottle of some kind of alcohol; he didn’t care what it was as long as he could drink it, and took a few long swings of it, wiping his mouth with back of his hand afterword.

Cam came up and slapped Danny on the back, which made him jump a little in surprise.

“Great show tonight man, you were really into it this time. I haven’t seen you preform like that since—” There was a moment’s awkward hesitation before Cameron finished, “in a while.”

Danny pretended that he didn’t hear that last part and grinned. “Thanks mate. You’re gonna go find the girl that threw that, yeah?” Danny indicated the bra that Cameron was still holding onto.

“You bet,” Cam grinned as well. “Want me to find a girl for you too? I could even bring back a few to let you pick from. Or, fuck, you can have all of ‘em, that’d be a fun time wouldn’t it?”

Cameron was obviously suffering from his own rock high as well, Danny noticed.

“Nah mate, I think I’m good. You go on though, have a good time.” Danny patted Cameron on the chest and walked away, the bottle of alcohol in hand.

“Hey, Danny,” Danny turned when he heard his name being called and saw Ben standing with James and Sam, beckoning him over. Once Danny reached them, Ben slid his arm around his shoulders and Danny relaxed a little, not even realizing he was tense.

“We were just about to head over to this little bar in the area. Care to join us?” Ben had this lazy little smile on his face and Danny laughed when he saw that Ben was already pretty tipsy and Ben smiled bigger.

Ben wrapped his arms around Danny’s body and hugged him to him tightly, a big grin on his face. “I love you Danny,” Ben announced drunkenly, his head in Danny’s neck.

Danny just laughed and hugged his best friend back tightly before keeping one arm around him in case he tried to wander off and lead him outside after everyone else. “I love you too, Ben.”

“You do?” Ben looked at him funny and Danny raised his eyebrows.

“Of course I do. You’re one of my best friends and I’ll always love you.” Danny squeezed Ben’s side gently and grinned as they approached the bar, following James and Sam inside.

“Oh, I thought...” Danny heard Ben trail off but put it out of his mind, leading him over to the bar next to a pretty girl before walking after his other mates. They slid into a booth, were they could keep an eye on Ben and quickly got to talking to some local girls.

“So, Melinda, you saw our show yeah?” Danny asked the busty blonde that was sitting on his lap, taking another shot as he did so.

“My name is Melissa,” she replied, a little annoyed.

“Yeah, yeah, whatever. But you saw it right?” Danny sneaked a glance over at Ben, who hadn’t moved since Danny had left him there. Danny thought he could’ve been sleeping, but he knew better.

“Yeah, you guys like, fucking rocked,” Melissa tried to secretly tug up her dress a little to show more skin but Danny noticed, and grinned.

“That’s what I like to hear,” Danny downed another shot and grimaced a little at the taste, peeking over at Ben and noticing that he was with a girl now, and looked extremely unhappy about it. Danny got James’ attention and nodded over at Ben, hoping he’d do something so Danny could do something else with Melanie or whoever.

James downed his own shot before getting up and stretching, but didn’t move as everyone watched Ben get a drink poured over the top of his head and the ginger girl walk out, Ben just sitting there looking lost and helpless.

“Oh, that poor guy, he looks so sad. Oh my god, what if he just got dumped? Oh my god that sucks.” Danny heard the girl on his lap continue on and on as he watched his best friend, James running over to help him and lead him out of the pub.

“He didn’t get dumped,” Danny pushed the girl up and stood up himself, giving her a quick look over before shaking his head and following after James and Ben, with Sam trailing behind him. Danny waited until Sam had caught up with him and started walking again.

“What do you think that was about?” Danny asked Sam as they walked slowly over to the bus, trying to give Ben enough time to get cleaned up before he faced them again.

“I’m pretty sure that was the girl that James was trying to set Ben up with. Apparently it didn’t go too well.” Sam chuckled softly and kicked a rock out ahead of them as they walked. “I can’t believe he got a drink dumped on him though. I thought that only happened in high school during a food fight or something.”

Danny laughed a little too and shoved his hands in his pockets, speeding up a little bit as they neared the bus. “Eh, I’ve seen it happen a few times. Probably for the best though. Did you see the look on his face while they were talking? That wasn’t a good match if he looks like he’s in pain while she talks. In a relationship it’s like you wish the other person would never stop talking, so you could hear their voice all the time.” Danny felt his mood drop quite a bit as he realized what relationship he was describing, and heard Sam sigh.

“What happened Danny? You were doing so well tonight, I thought you were moving on. There was a hot girl on your lap, and you weren’t drinking yourself to death either. Why did you let her go?” Sam peered over at Danny and stopped outside the bus door.

“I dunno,” Danny raked his fingers through his hair. “I just felt like Ben was more important. He’s our mate and we gotta look out for him.”

Sam smiled at Danny’s response and opened the door to their bus, stepping inside and holding the door open for Danny to follow after him.

After Danny got inside he looked around for Ben, but didn’t see him. He grabbed a beer from the fridge before heading over to the bathroom, peeking in and expecting to see Ben in there but was disappointed when he wasn’t. After using it himself he went over to Ben’s bunk and pulled back the curtain, looking in a seeing a lump under the blankets that told Danny that Ben was in there.

“Go away,” Danny heard Ben say thickly, as if he had been crying.

“Ben, are you alright mate?” Danny sat on the edge of the bed and took a long drink of his beer, watching Ben’s still frame.

“I said go away, you cunt,” Danny felt Ben push him off of the bed and was a bit hurt when he saw Ben closing the curtains, but then remembered that Ben had just been publically humiliated. He got up and took another long draw from the bottle and tossed it in the bin once it was empty.

“Night Ben,” Danny turned and climbed into his own bunk, laying there thinking about Myca and how much his heart yearned for her until he fell asleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hi. cx Sorry if this chapter isn't what you were hoping for, I've had a lot of stress dumped on me at once and it's taking a big toll on me. But I hope you still enjoy the story. Baby Ben :c On another note though, I'm not sure whether I should make the next chapter as this chapter in Ben's point of view, or just have it continue with the next day. Comment and tell me which one you'd prefer? It would help immensely. c: Also, thank you toMatty Mullins and SurviveThisWorld for commenting. <3