Crazy Little Thing Called Love..

Nick's POV

I groaned as I rolled off the edge of the bed, landing on the floor with a thud. I ruffle my hair and open my eyes, I glanced up at the clock, 7:27 am.

"Urgh." I mumbled as I pushed myself off the floor and stumbled toward the door. My apartment was dark as usual, all the curtains pulled closed. I staggered down the narrow hall to the bathroom and flicked on the light.

My eyes burn and I squint in the light as I relieve myself. I fumble around the bathroom counter for my toothbrush and end up staring at the mirror. This whole band thing is really wearing me out.

I'm the guitarist in the band Thrashing Dandelions, and we just had a gig last night at some shitty community bar. We didn't get out of there until nearly two am, which doesn't really help the fact I'm terrible at sleeping.

I peer at the man looking back at me. His black hair is matted to his head and there's dark rings around his eyes. Around my eyes. My blue eyes that don't glow like they used to. I shove the toothbrush in my mouth and brush, not breaking the gaze I hold with myself.

I doubt anyone wants to deal with the smell rolling off my skin, so I take a cold shower, to help wake me up.

Afterwards, I walk naked to my room and pull on a pair of black too-big 'skinny' jeans and a loose-fitting, torn up Ren & Stimpy shirt. I slide my lip piercing into place and head to the kitchen to make some coffee.

I go into the television room and turn the TV on. Some documentary about murderers. Good enough.

I hear a beep, figuring the coffee is done, and go pour a cup. The phone rings and it's Steve, the singer of TD.

"Hey man, what's up?" I say as I walk back to the TV room, coffee in hand.

"I got us another gig at the Metro!" he says excitedly, I forgot to mention, we live in Chicago. And this would probably be the biggest place we've ever played.

"No way. Dude. Are you serious?"

"Of course I am, Nick. We're booked for September 19, this is such a great opportunity, man!"

"We should start trying to get into bigger venues bro. Imagine playing in New York, that'd be so amazing."

"Yeah, well, I gotta go, just thought I'd let you know, bye," you could almost hear the smile in Steve's voice before he hangs up.

"Looks like I'm performing at the Metro," I say with a smile to the near-empty room.
♠ ♠ ♠
comments?