Crazy Little Thing Called Love..

Skyy's POV

"We are Thrashing Dandelions, thank you New York!" the singer yelled into the microphone as the joint's lights lowered and the band exited the stage.

"They were pretty good," Ronnie declared to me, "The singer was cu-" I didn't hear the rest of her sentence because I was flying forward. Or I seemed to be anyway. I was just knowcked over by some klutz.

"Oh man, I'm so sorry.." the guy said, and I recognized him from the band that just played. He was the guitarist, Nick?

"No, no, it's fine, really." I say. By the look on his face I could tell he wanted to ask me to get a drink with him. Or at least I hope he wanted to. "I'm Skyy. Wanna get me a drink?"

He blushes and agrees so I grab his wrist and lead him to the bar. After ordering some shitty beer, I take him out back for a smoke.

"Want one?" I offer, knowing he'll decline. Doesn't seem the type. He shakes his head, and before I know it, we're off to Cassandra's 24 Hour Coffee Bar. They have the best lattes I've ever had. Honestly, I was really excited that a seemingly kind, attractive guy took an interest in me. Especially after Bruno. What a mistake that relationship was.

Sitting across from Nick, I held my coffee between finger-less gloved hands and we just stared at each other for a couple minutes.

I blushed, smiled, and looked down. "What's so funny?" Nick asked, grinning.

"Ohh, nothing." I reply, still smiling, "You're just, really cute." He looked down into his coffee, smirking.

"You know what?" He looks at me, raising an eyebrow. He puts down his coffee and points to me. Grinning, he says, "You're pretty cute too."

By this time we were both blushing, looking deep into each other's eyes.

"Can I get you anything else?" One of the coffee shop employees interrupts. Nick blinks and looks at the waitress and I look down at my hands.

"No thanks, we're fine." He tries to hide the disappointment in his voice. The waitress walks away and I feel his foot rub against mine.

I smile and look at the clock, "It's almost 2:30.." I say.

The reply I get, "And?" He's smiling at me, I smile back. "I'm having too good of a time to worry about time. Do you have something to do or something?" He asks, his eyebrows pulling together in semi-hidden disappointment.

"Nothing but this." I say and lean in and kiss him.
♠ ♠ ♠
comments?..