Crazy Little Thing Called Love..

Nick's POV

My eyes flicker open and I see a pair of glowing hazel eyes staring back at me. I still had my clothes on, so nothing had happened last night.

Skyy grins at me, "Good morning, hon," she says. I stick my hand out and brush the hair out of her face. She sits up in the cheap motel bed, leaning back on her hands.

"Hi." I say and squint my eyes and contort my face as I stretch, causing her to giggle. I get out of bed and walk a couple feet to the 'kitchen'. All the kitchen really consisted of was a coffee maker and a microwave. I turned on the coffee maker and it started heating up.

I start to walk back to the bed when I notice Skyy is in the process of opening the curtains. I was nearly blinded by the amount of sunlight that flooded the room.

"Shit, man," I say and cover my eyes. She starts laughing and continues opening the curtains.

"Don't be such a pansy, it's just sun." Skyy says. I smile at her logic and squint at the sun. As my eyes begin adjusting to the sudden burst of light, Skyy walks over and gives me a hug. We stand like that for a while. Wrapped in each other's arms, standing in the sun drowned room. Then I hear a beep. Coffee. I take in a deep breathe, catching some of her scent. She smelt like lilacs.

Her arms slumped down to her sides and I let go of her too. I walk to the coffee maker and our us both a cup of black coffee. We sit on the floor and look at each other. It's then that it hits me.

What is going on. Before this very moment I hadn't questioned what was happening. But, this doesn't happen everyday. Oh, but who am I to be over thinking this? I always over think things. I just gotta let it be.

Then, I realize she was talking. "..and I thought maybe it'd be fun, what do you think?" She smiles at me, awaiting my answer.

"Oh, uh, I'm sorry ba- uhm. shit. I was zoning out.. Could you please repeat?" I can feel my face burning. And I know it shows because she's smirking. I almost called her babe. Fuckfuckfuck.

"I said, we should go to this really cool live-music coffee bar place I know of. It's really great. I think it'd be fun." She delivers with a smile.

"That sounds great, let's go," I reply, "My band's going to have to leave New York tomorrow morning, after our gig tonight."

Her face falls, "Oh."

"But. I want you to come with me." I say and she gives me the biggest smile I've seen from her yet.
♠ ♠ ♠
comments? please?