Crazy Little Thing Called Love..

Skyy's POV

Out back, I take out my pack of Marlboro reds and pull out a cig. I pop it in my mouth and light it.

"Want one?" I ask, gesturing the carton towards Nick, I think he could really use one.

He stares at me for a second then pulls one out. I offer him a light and we stand there quietly, smoking our cigarettes.

"He's such an asshole," Nick says before taking a drag on his ciggie. He stares up at the star speckled sky, "I hope you still want to tag along.."

I think about this for a minute. Their tour is coming to a close, they have 5 more shows and are ending it in LA. Five shows is like nothing.

"I don't want to do anything that might put your career in danger, so maybe I could just get plane ticket to Chicago and wait at your apartment until you get back. I think it's best." I suggest and squash my cigarette against the wall.

He's quiet for a while, his ciggie wasting away at the end. He looks at the ground, tossing around ideas in his head. "Hm. I think that might just work out really well. Great idea." He tosses his cig on the ground and pulls me into a warm hug.

There's a cold gust of wind and I shiver, Nick opens the back door to the venue and we step into the warmth. Steve sees us and walks over.

"Hey, dude, I really over reacted earlier. It wouldn't be that bad if she came along," he said, putting emphasis on 'that'.

"Nah, man, we figured out something else. She's gonna go stay at my apartment tin Chicago until we get back." Nick turns and smiles at me.

"Oh, well, awesome then." Steve says and awkwardly stands there for a few seconds, "Well, I'm gonna go do mic check.." and he walks away.

"You sure you don't want to come with?" Nick asks.

I kiss him, "Pretty sure."
♠ ♠ ♠
comments? please?