Status: One-shot

It's Like a Unicorn

***ing With Their Minds

Alex awoke to the sound of someone’s groaning and moaning – something completely normal any morning on the All Time Low bus. His legs were parted and there was something filling the space between them; he couldn’t move. He pried his eyes open, and came face-to-face with a mess of raven-colored hair. This confused him at first, but it was nothing new to him; Jack hated sleeping on his own on the first few nights of the tour.

“Are you awake?” he hears him whisper. His voice was raspy – that just-woke-up raspy that made Alex’s head swirl. He was seated between the older boy’s legs, head resting on his chest. “Alex?”

“What time did you come in here?” he asks in response, trying to keep his voice just as quiet and intertwining their fingers on the younger boy’s bare stomach. He always liked sleeping shirtless.

“As soon as you started snoring,” he yawns, and Alex craned his neck to take a look at his watch. It was 9 in the morning. “Matt woke me up a few minutes ago and told me to tell you to get ready because we have an interview in an hour or so.”

“Why not just let Zack and Rian do this one? We can stay in and just snuggle a bit.”

Jack looks up at him and gives a small smile before connecting his lips with Alex’s jawline. Alex lets out a small whimper, and moves his hands to the other boy’s hips, urging him to flip over; he needs a proper kiss. Jack removes his lips from their spot on the older boy’s face, and turns himself over, moving up slightly so that he was eye-to-eye with him, and his face barely an inch away, his arms supporting the upper part of his body. He smiles down at Alex, who licks his lips, his eyes eagerly darting to the younger boys’. Jack laughs – the laugh that Alex knows only means mischief – and let his arms give out on him, falling on top of Alex with all his upper-body weight; the older boy gives a small oomph and a loud groan that probably woke half of the bus up. Jack laughs again, and buries his head at the crook of the older boy’s neck, “Sorry, Lexy.”

“You’re not sorry,” he grumbles. Jack pulls away and moves back down, head resting on his chest again. Alex sighs and twirls his finger in Jack’s hair, loving the feel of it against his skin. “You have nice hair, you know?”

“Yeah, but it’s not interview-nice.” Matthew Flyzik pops out of nowhere, making both boys groan; it fucking annoys them whenever he does that, mostly because they have no idea how he does it. “Get your asses out of bed and go shower. Separately,” he adds sternly when he saw a little glint of something in their eyes. He gave them both a glare before reminding them they have a half an hour to get ready, and get to the entrance of the venue they were playing, then stalked off to watch Mickey Mouse Club House. Or, well, Jack guesses that’s what he’s going to do.

“Well, I take ten minutes in the shower, and you take ten. That leaves us another ten minutes to do something… just the two of us…” Alex trails off, raising his eyebrow suggestively.

Jack laughs and rolls out of the bunk; such a horny boy. Alex pops his head out of the bunk and gives him a pout, getting out and crawling to Jack. He sits at his feet and looks up at him with eyes that mirrors Baz’. Jack laughs again and pushes him away by the face, Alex spluttering as he fell back dramatically. “I’ll only take five minutes so you won’t get tempted.”

“I’m always tempted, Jack!” he yells after him.

“It’s five fucking minutes! Go jerk off.”

Alex would have done so on any other day, but his head was pounding. He nearly forgot how badly they party on the first night of tour. Groaning as he stood, the singer sluggishly made his way to the front lounge, grabbing a bottle of water before plopping down next to Rian.

“What are you doing?” Alex asks him, taking a long swig from his bottle. He held back a groan at how good it felt.

“Trying to reach Cass,” he replies nonchalantly. Alex rolls his eyes; of course he was. “Don’t fucking roll your eyes at me; you’d do it too if Jack was all the way on the other side of the world.”

Alex shrugs, trying to hold back a smile because, yeah, that’s true. “You coming for the interview?”

“I don’t – hey, I gotta take this.” He stands up excitedly and runs off the bus, clutching the phone as if his life depended on it. Alex peeked out the curtains, and watched as he walked frantically – yet still managing to smile, strangely – from one area to another, nearly running into several people and poles.

But, like he said: Alex would do the exact same for Jack.

~*~*~*~

The interview went by just like any other interview: they get asked a question, they make some jokes, give a serious answer, then make even more jokes. Honestly, if it wasn’t for the jokes, most of their interviews would last half the time they end up being. Most of the usual questions were asked,

“If you could go back in time and meet your fifteen-year-old selves, what would you tell them?”

“Don’t start a band with Jack.”

“Don’t let Alex get you pregnant then start a band with him.”

“Any pre-show rituals?”

“We usually put on some Metro Station and rub our dicks together. Somewhat of a foursome, though Jack and I are the only ones really into it. I think Zack’s starting to embrace it.”

“Who in the band is taken?”

“Well, Rian’s taken,” Alex laughs. Everyone knows Rian’s taken.

“What about yourself?”

“Someone has dibs on me.”

“That easy, eh?” Jack laughs along with the interviewer because, no, it wasn’t ‘that easy’. Alex gave no response but a smile, and the interviewer continued with, “How about you, Mr. Barakat? Any special ladies?”

“Alex is my special lady.”

“So I’m guessing you both ship Jalex,”

“Hey, I said nothing of Jack being the one with dibs on—“

“We don’t ship it; we captain it.”

When all was done, the interviewer thanked the pair, and left them to interview some other band. Alex smirked over at Jack. “We 'captain' it? Really?”

Jack shrugs, smirking as well. “Well, seeing as how you love fucking around with our poor Hustlers’ minds, yes, we technically do captain it.”

Alex laughs and laces his arm through Jack’s, grinning up at him. “There’s a huge line right around the corner. Why don’t we go fuck around with those minds?”

“Does that mean we can hold hands in public?” Jack couldn’t hold back a massive grin; he loves it whenever he could go out like that with Alex. He never told Alex why, nor did he have any guesses, but, if it made his boy happy, then Alex would do it.

“Yes, Jack.” He smiles as Jack eagerly intertwined their fingers, and held on tightly.

“I fucking love you.” Jack kisses the top of his head, and starts walking with a little childish-Jack bounce to it.

“And I love fucking you.” And far beyond that. But Jack already knew that.

~*~*~*~

“Jack hasn’t kissed me yet today!” Alex screams into the mic, the hundreds of fan-girls, and probably some fan-boys, screaming in response.

“You just need to ask, dude,” Jack laughs. Alex motions with his finger for him to come over, and the younger boy did so, wrapping his arms around the other boy’s waist when he came around. More screams were ensued from the crowd. “Alex and I are just going to stay like this for the rest of the concert, okay?”

“I’m just imagining it’s your mother touching me, Jack. You’ve got her touch.” Cue Rian’s drum sequence and even more screams. They just love this Jalex ‘shit’.

“Fuck you, bro,” Jack laughs as he untangles himself from Alex and walks back over to his area. “No more kissing for Alex.”

“Kiss him! Kiss him! Kiss him! Kiss him!”

“You guys choose between Taco Bell or a kiss. I know Baltimore isn’t stupid enough to choose Alex.”

“Kiss him! Kiss him! Kiss him!”

“Sorry, sorry, I zoned out!” Alex says, though he was completely aware of his surroundings. It really is fucking amusing to fuck with everyone’s minds. “Who do you want me to kiss? Was it you?” He randomly pointed at someone in the crowd. Now they were torn between having him kiss one of them, and having him kiss Jack.

Some of them seemed keen on having a Jalex moment, though. “Jalex kiss! Jalex kiss! Jalex kiss! Jalex kiss!”

“You know what? I’ll do it.” The screams grow louder as Alex leaves his post and walks over to Jack, who couldn’t hold back a grin; today was just so good to him. “Jack quit fucking moving; you’re making the kids wait.” Alex carefully places his hands on either side of Jack’s head to hold him still. Jack stuck his tongue out and Alex fake-cringed. “This guy’s fucking gross, I have no idea why you all want me to kiss him.”

“KISS HIM! KISS HIM! KISS HIM!”

“Alright, alright. Don’t get your knickers in a bunch. Count to three, ready?”

“ONE!”

“Just a peck or full on?” Jack asks quietly. His smile was absolutely contagious. Those people that think them hetero are obviously terrible observers; Jack is so fucking obvious, it’s painful.

“We’ll just have to see,” Alex smirks.

“TWO!”

“I worry about them sometimes, you know? I think their heads might explode from all your teasing,” Jack says.

“I know something else that could explode from all my teasing.”

“You’re such a little fucker.”

“Yup, pretty much.”

“THREE!”

When Alex was barely an inch away from Jack’s lips, all lights go out, and screams and groans fill the stadium. Alex laughs before their lips finally meet, and he puts more force into it, parting the younger boy’s eager lips easily. Knowing they only had a short period of time, Alex pulls away, and gives him another soft kiss before Jack starts playing the beginning of Six Feet Under the Stars, and all groans of disappointment turn into yells of excitement. They part, and Alex whispers a, “You’re so fucking incredible, love,” to him before heading back to his mic. The lights turn back on and Alex can’t help but laugh at the look on their faces. “Sorry! Just go home and write homoerotic fanfics about those 5 seconds. For the mean time, I need you all jumping. This song’s called Six Feet Under the Stars, and that’s where Jack and I fuck. Come hang some time. Time to lay claim to the evidence…

Jack grins over at Alex, and starts running all over the stage like he usually does – something that never fails to bring a smile to Alex’s face. It felt good to know that, no matter how obvious the two of them are, there would always be that group of people that would straight-up reject Jalex, and, really, Alex was glad that those people exist; they make this whole thing so much more fun. There are people out there who believe in it because it seems real, yet don’t believe in it at the same time because they know it will never happen, and they, too add to the fun – it was too amusing for the both for them, really. Yes, him and Jack are in love – they have been even before they signed with Hopeless – but they weren’t going to let everyone know until time comes when they finally feel like it. And even if they say it – whether it comes from them, Zack, Rian, their crew, their manager, groupies, anyone – there will still be that group of people that will refuse to believe it.

Him and Jack are really just a unicorn; people know that what they have is real, but they’ll never fucking see it. And, if ever they do, then they’ll probably just think that they’re shitting them.

Their fans are so fucking hilarious.
♠ ♠ ♠
First one up since my failure of Walk Of Shame from my other account. Tell me what you think :-)