Status: Happily Active :)

Unforgettable Charm

Excitement Awaits

Josh and I were going to be hanging out today, and I wouldn't bother to deny that I was excited. Last night when I went to bed to sleep, I couldn't. I couldn't get my mind off of Josh and the day that was ahead of me. When I woke up this morning, I found myself energized, and ready to start the day. I showered and dressed in simple blue jean shorts and a white v-neck shirt. I straightened my hair and applied some light makeup as well.

After I was finished getting ready, I texted Josh my address and he said he'd be waiting for me outside my apartment complex by noon. I still didn't know what we were skiing exactly, but Josh had told me he wanted to show me around. I knew that I would love just driving around with him and making conversation. I was glad I had chosen to let myself be friends with him, because it was easy to tell how much of a nice guy Josh was.

I waited around in my room until I received a text from Josh saying that he'd arrived and was outside my building. I quickly left my apartment and once outside the doors of the building I saw Josh standing in front of me in blue jeans and a green t-shirt.

"Hey," he greeted me.

"Hey."

"You ready for a great day?" He asked with a big smile on his face.

"Yeah, I am."

"Good, then lets get going." Josh waited for me to start walking down the stairs and then he walked next to me and walked me to the car. Like a gentleman, he came around to the passenger side with me opened the door for me.

"Why thank you," I said to him, smiling.

"You are very welcome." He shut the door and walked back around to his side and got in the car and started it. "Have you eaten yet?" He asked me as he turned to look at me.

"No, have you?"

"No, wanna grab a bite to eat?"

"Yeah, I'd love to."

"Great." Josh started driving down the road and within a few minutes we were parked outside a restaurant. We got out of his car and were seated quickly. "So how do you like Los Angeles so far?" He asked me once we ordered our drinks.

"So far I think it's great, but I haven't done much since I came here."

"Don't worry, that'll change after today," he said, sending a smile my way.

I smiled back, then the waitress came back, asking for our orders. Once we gave her our orders I started asking about his life. He told me he was from Kentucky, and that he had always wanted to be an actor. He started acting from a young age, and he never quite stopped making movies because he loved it so much. He told me about his brother Connor and how he was an absolute genius. His mom, whom he claimed to be a cool mom, and his dad who always supported his dream. We finished eating and of course he picked up the check, despite my protests.

Once in the car Josh started driving around Los Angeles. He showed me his favorite places to get burgers, pizza and even buy music. He claimed that all of these places were the best and if I wanted something good, to always go there. He drove to Santa Monica and parked on the street and we got out. People were everywhere. Lots of shops were lined up next to one another and in the distance I could see a ferris wheel.

"What is this place?" I asked him.

"It's pretty much a tourist spot, lots of people come to shop. Over there is Pacific Park, I'll be taking you there later," he told me smiling.

"Josh you really don't have to do all of this for me," I said, suddenly feeling like he was doing too much.

"It's nothing, really. I just want you to be able to have a good time; I want to do this."

Josh was turning into a sweeter guy than I had imagined. "Okay, well then lets get to it," I said smiling.

"Great, want to do some shopping first?" He asked me.

"I would love to."

From then on I had a blast. Josh and I went into store after sure. Both of us trying things on for one another, buying knick knacks, and buying clothes. Josh brought along a camera, and he was snapping pictures whenever he could. I also noticed that he was taking quite a few of me as well, which I didn't mind. He had me pose for a few pictures, and we even took a few together.

Although this was only my first time hanging out with Josh, he made me feel like I've known him for years. I never felt so comfortable with someone so quickly. We walked around a lot, and then came across a photo booth. Even though Josh had his camera with him, I always loved going into a photo booth with my friends.

"Josh, we have to do this," I told him as I pulled him into the booth with me.

Josh started laughing, "Okay, okay, we'll do it."

I put in three dollars and once we chose the settings for the picture we started taking pictures. Mostly we did funny faces, then we did a regular smiling. For the last picture I just smiled, but Josh didn't. Instead he kissed my cheek for the last one. I had no problem with it, considering I liked that he did that. Once the last picture snapped I laughed.

"You punk," I said, still laughing.

"Pfft, you loved it."

"Okay, maybe a little," I said grinning.

Josh turned to me smiling. "Knew it, it's okay. I know I'm a stud," he said sarcastically.

I could only laugh at him as I grabbed the pictures from the dispenser. "Aw, I love these," I said as I looked them over.

"Me too."

I gave Josh a set of the pictures and he folded it and put it in his wallet. We exited the photo booth and headed over to the park with rides. Josh paid for our admission and right away we started riding rides. I couldn't remember the last time I laughed so hard while on a rollercoaster.

Josh's face while we were on the rides was hysterical. It was easy to tell that he was trying to look macho, but once on the rides he wasn't able to keep his face straight. The rude was so fast it made the wind whip our faces and he was squinting his eyes and his mouth was moving in all sorts of directions.

Before I knew it, it was already nine o'clock. I couldn't believe how fast the time went. Then again, time flies when you're having fun. After stuffing our faces with funnel cake, cotton candy and find popcorn, Josh and I decided to leave the park and walk the boardwalk.

"You know," Josh started saying. "We spent all day together, and I still barely know anything about you."

"What do you wanna know?"

"Everything," he said grinning.

"Okay," I said chuckling. "I'm from Pennsylvania, lived there most of my life. I attended a state university and my major was sociology. My original dream was to become a social worker, and help find families to adopt foster children. I have a mom, a dad and two brothers. My mom is the sweetest woman you'll ever meet. She's so short, I'm about for inches taller than her. My dad is great, he spoils me so much since I'm the youngest, and his only daughter. My oldest brother Alex is twenty-nine. He's married and already had a son and has a daughter on the way. My other brother Jonathan is twenty-seven, and he's also married and has twin boys."

"Sounds like you've got a nice family," he told me.

"I do, everyone is really supportive of me. And they love that I decided to come down here try the whole acting thing," I said smiling at him.

"Any friends back home?"

"Tons," I said chuckling. "I miss them all so much."

"Yeah, that's one of the downsides if coming out here. You leave so many people you love behind when you're first starting out."

"How did you deal with it?"

"You just have to find something to occupy your time. For me, I just immersed myself in work. I always made sure I stayed in contact though. If it's just a phone call or even just sending a text or email, every bit counts."

I've made sure I've kept in contact. It's get hard sometimes, with working and all."

"True, you just have to try and find the time."

"Yeah, I guess."

"So what about your boyfriend? How does he feel about you being here?"

And there it was. I automatically knew what he was trying to do. He didn't want to outright ask me if I had a boyfriend. So he made it seem like I already had a boyfriend just so he could find out whether or not I had one. It was sly, but I had this love pulled on me before.

"I don't have a boyfriend," I said chuckling.

"Really?" Josh sounded shocked. "Why not?"

"I don't know, don't get me wrong, I've been on dates and such, but it just never felt right. I've just been waiting fit a guy to come along and sweep me off my feet I guess," I said smiling at him.

Josh smiled at me. "Just for the record, I don't have a girlfriend."

"Oh really? And why is that?"

"Oh I don't know, just waiting for a girl to come and sweep me off my feet." Josh looked at me out of the corner of his eye and I could see a smile slowly emerging onto his face.

"Oh shut up," I said laughing as I smacked his arm.

"Oh come on, you know I'm only kidding."

"Yeah, yeah," I decided to change the subject. "I had a great time with you today."

"I had a great time too, I'm glad you decided to hang out with me."

"Why wouldn't I of?"

"I don't know, you just seem like you're pretty busy."

"I'm really not," I said chuckling. "All I have going on right now is the movie that we're filming."

"Oh okay, so would you want to hang out again sometime?"

"Yeah, I'd like that."

I wasn't sure whether or not he was indirectly asking me out on a date, but I didn't care. All I knew was that I wanted to spend time with him, and that I liked being with him.

"Me too, I like hanging out with you."

"Really?" Josh and I managed to stop walking and he was standing in front of me. "Why?"

"You're fun to be around, and I feel comfortable around you."

"Well, I feel really comfortable around you, too."

I looked up at him and smiled and he was staring down at me. It was then that a flash went off from beside me, catching me off guard. And then another flash, and another. I looked around and saw a few men with cameras taking pictures of us.

"Oh great," Josh said, upset. It was the paparazzi and they kept snapping pictures of Josh and I. "Lets get out if here." Josh took my hand and we quickly walked back to the car. Once inside the car Josh started it immediately since we had been followed and drove away. "I'm sorry about that," he told me.

"It's no big deal." And it really was no big deal. I didn't care about the paparazzi, I just loved the feeling I got when he held my hand as we walked away.

He drove back to my apartment and Josh and I got out the car and he walked me to the door.

"So I'll see you Monday on set?" He asked me.

"Yeah, I'll see you then."

"Okay, cool." Josh looked like he wasn't sure what to do, so I made the move. I leaned in and hugged him, and as I pulled away I decided to kiss his cheek. Once I did that I looked at his face and he was shocked.

"I had to get you back for the one you planted on me earlier," I said smirking.

"Guess we're even."

"Yeah, we are. Goodnight, Josh."

"Goodnight, Katie."

And with that I went inside with a smile on my face.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you guys liked it! Thank you so much for all the comments, you really have no idea how much I appreciated it. Tell me what you think about this chapter!
Thanks for reading! :)