Status: Happily Active :)

Unforgettable Charm

Last Day

Ever since shooting the sex scene with Josh I hadn’t had a chance to talk with him. I had two days off until I had to shoot my last and final scene of the movie and during my time off I had been busy auditioning for another movie. At first I wasn’t sure if I should continue with my acting career, but Alex, my agent, had convinced me. He knew how much I enjoyed acting and knew the only reason I was hesitant was because I didn’t want attention. He told me that my shyness shouldn’t stop me from doing what I’ve come to love, and he was right.

While filming ‘Asking for Charlotte’ I discovered how much I loved to act and I didn’t want to give that up. So Alex had gotten me an audition for another movie. The movie was entitled ‘Collision Course’ and it was set in New York. It was about a young woman who is very tech-savvy and she ends up getting her hands on a disc and on that disc is a classified file that reveals a plan showing that someone is planning to assassinate the president. She ends up going to the police but they then believe that she is the one who is trying to kill the president so she goes on the run and tries to stop the assassination. The only person that believes that she’s telling the truth is a young detective and he ends up trying to help her. It was an action movie, but with a little romance between the young woman and the detective.

I felt I did fairly well with the auditions, Alex was supposed to be getting a call within the next day or two stating whether or not I got the part. Also, Jennifer had been laying out my schedule for the next few days. As soon as the movie was over I was going to have to get ready to do promotional photo shoots for the movie with Josh and some of the other cast members. So even though filming was basically over, I would still be seeing Josh on the regular. Since we were the ones starring in the movie we would be doing a couple photo shoots together and interviews to promote the movie.

Since I had been so busy with other things I haven’t been able to talk with Josh and I could only hope that things weren’t awkward when we saw each other again. I had a feeling Josh felt a little weird about doing the sex scene with me, but I don’t blame him considering I also felt weird about it. But I had to keep in mind that we were acting, and Josh would act professional because he knew what we had to do wasn’t real; that thought comforted me a little. When I saw Josh I knew I had to act professional as well, no matter how awkward I felt I knew it would be wrong of me to act differently.

I was on set already and this was going to be my last day of filming. It was bitter sweet, I was excited that once I finished filming I would be moving onto other things and roles, but I also loved making this film because of all of the friends I had made. My last scene was going to be the airport scene when Tyler and Charlotte were saying their final goodbye to one another. I was getting fixed up before we started to shoot when I saw Josh walk onto the set. He saw me and smiled at me as he walked towards me.

“Hey, Katie.”

“Hey, Josh.”

“So I hear today is your last day of shooting,” Josh said with a frown.

“Yeah, unfortunately,” I said sadly.

“Well, just to let you know,” Josh started saying. “I really liked working with you, and I hope that even after filming we remain friends.”

I gave him a smile. “Of course, Josh.”

Friends, I should’ve figured that was all he wanted to be with me. But then again, isn’t that what I’ve been wanting all along? A friendship? I was still so confused. One minute I wanted to be nothing but friends with him, then the next I wanted him to like me more than a friend. I couldn’t blame him, it wasn’t like anything had happened during filming that would make me think we would end up as a couple or something. I’m sure he liked things just the way that they were, and if that was what he wanted, then I would let him have his way.

After talking with Josh we did the final scene with me in it. It was the airport scene where I said goodbye to everyone and got onto the plane, after this scene I would no longer be in the film, considering I was supposed to die in the plane crash on the way back to Wisconsin. After finishing the scene everyone on set started to say their goodbyes to me. I had to actually stop myself from crying a few times, it had been such a pleasure to work with everyone and meet all of these great people, and I would definitely be missing them.

I had gone back to my trailer after finishing my scene to pick up the last of my things. As I was getting ready to leave their was a knock at my door.

“Come in!” I called to whoever was at my door. I heard the door open and looked over and saw Logan come in.

“Hey, Katie,” He said smiling at me.

“Hey, Logan, what brings you over here?” I asked, curious.

“Well,” Logan stepped over closer to me and stood in front of me, closely. “I was wondering if you were doing anything tonight.”

“Nope, I’m free.”

“Really?” He said grinning. “I mean, well, would you want to grab a bite to eat with me?”

“Yeah sure, Logan.”

I had the feeling that he was nervous. He kept shifting his feet and tapping his fingers against his side.

“Great, did you want to go check out that new French restaurant that just opened on Main St?”

“That’s pretty fancy, Logan,” I said chuckling. “But yeah, sure sounds like fun. Anyone else going?”

“Uh, n-no, just us.”

“Oh, okay. Well, what time do you want to meet at the restaurant?”

“I was thinking that maybe I could pick you up.”

That was strange, usually whenever Logan and I decided to go out we always met up at where we were going. Something was off, he was acting differently and looking nervous. I didn’t know what it was, I figured I was just reading into it too much.

“That works, what time do you want to get me?”

“Is seven okay?”

“Perfect,” I told him grinning.

Logan grinned back at me. “Great, I’ll see you then.”
Logan left my trailer, but then I heard him talking to someone and then I heard footsteps and in walked Josh.

My stomach flipped and I was suddenly nervous as he walked in. “Josh, hey what are you doing here?”

“Uh, I just wanted to see how you were, you know, since today was your last day.”

“Oh, I guess I’m okay, a little said, but that’s to be expected,” I told him.

Josh nodded his head. For a moment he was silence and then he decided to speak up once again. “So, you and Logan?”

My brows furrowed together in confusion. “What? What do you mean me and Logan?”

“Well, I just saw him leave and he had a really big smile on his face,” Josh stopped and looked at me questioningly.

“Uh, theirs nothing. We were just making arrangements to go out for dinner tonight.”
Josh’s shoulders tensed up and he stood a little straighter. The look on his face was unreadable, almost blank. I didn’t understand why he was asking about Logan, or why he even cared for that mattered considering Josh and I were only friends.

“Why do you ask?”

“Just curious,” He replied with no emotion in his voice.

“Josh, are you okay? You’re not acting like yourself.”

“I’m fine,” He said automatically. “I have something for you,” He said after an awkward moment of silence. For the first time since he entered my trailer I noticed something in has hand. It was something square and wrapped up in plain blue wrapping paper with a bow on top. “I just figured I’d give you something to remember me once filming was over, in case we don’t get to see much of each other once everything with the movie is wrapped up. I wouldn’t want you forgetting about me once everything is over,” He said sadly as he handed me his gift.

“I could never forget about you, Josh.” The words were out of my mouth before I could stop them. Once I realized what I had said I looked up at him and saw that he was staring at me intensely. I stared back at him until he snapped out of his gaze and took a step back once the gift was in my hands.

I started to unwrap the gift and took the lid off of the box that it was in. Once I saw what it was my face broke into a grin. Inside the box was a framed picture of Josh and I. It was a picture of us from the day we went to the amusement park from when we took photos in the photo booth, he somehow managed to get one of the pictures blown up to be larger and framed it. The picture was of the last one we had taken, the one with him kissing my cheek and me smiling.

“Oh Josh,” I said happily as I took the picture out. “This is absolutely perfect, I love it. Thank you so much.” Before I realized it I had stepped over to Josh and wrapped him in a hug. At first he didn’t respond, but after a moment his arms wrapped around my waist and he held onto me.

“I’m glad you like it,” He told me.

“I really do,” I said as I pulled away from the hug.

“Good, well I should get going. I’ll talk to you soon, right?” He asked me.

“Of course.”

“Great,” As he started to leave he turned back and looked at me. “Have fun on your date.” And with that he left my trailer.

Date? What date?
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm so sorry I didn't update when I said I would! I was supposed to have internet then and I didn't get it, but I have it now! I'm so sorry for the wait! Since I haven't updated I'm doing a double post, I'll be doing WEEKLY UPDATES from now on! So hopefully you guys can forgive me!
Please let me know in a comment what you think!
-Minnie