Status: Happily Active :)

Unforgettable Charm

Dancing and Sweet Kisses

It had been a week since Logan and I had our argument and I hadn’t talked to him since. I tried texting, calling, but it seemed like he was still angry about what had happened. This was tough on me, I had never been in this type of situation before. If a guy ever liked me and told me I always let him down easy ad that was the end of it, but not with Logan. Logan was obviously not someone who took rejection well.

But what could I do? I couldn’t lie to him and say that I had feelings for him, that wasn’t fair to him, or me. I did the best I could, in my eyes I did everything I could to make things went well. I don’t understand why Logan just blew up at me. Then again, he did think that I had something going with Josh. Which was completely wrong, of course. I mean, yeah, I liked Josh, but nothing was going on romantically. Even if something was, it wouldn’t be any of his business.

Was this somehow my fault? Should I of put more distance between Logan and myself? After all, I knew that he had a small crush on me, maybe I could’ve done some things differently. I could’ve hung out with him less, but that wasn’t a guarantee that his feelings for me would diminish. I guess I’ll never know what could’ve been. All I know now is that I’ve lost a friend who no longer wants anything to do with me. The only thing I can do now, is learn from this experience, and move on with my life.

I had other things that were now going to be going on in my life. Turns out I got the part for the movie ‘Collision Course’ that I had auditioned for, and shooting for that was going to start in a month. It was a bit short notice, but apparently before me they had already cast the female lead but she dropped out for the reasons that I wasn’t permitted to know. For the next month I was going to be studying my lines and getting acquainted with my new cast mates. I only knew of two of the main characters that were going to be in the movie, besides myself. The rookie detective is going to be played by Chris Evans, who is best known for his role in The Avengers and Captain America, and Samuel L. Jackson, who was playing the captain of the police department who would be chasing both Chris and I down throughout the film, and he had also been The Avengers.

It’s incredible that I haven’t been in the film industry very long and I was going to be working with such big stars. And I wouldn’t lie, I was slightly intimidated. I was also a little nervous to be working on this type of film. The film had lots of car chasing scenes, explosions, shootings; it was going to be a completely different setting then the last movie that I was in. Alex had told me that this was a very good thing, and the last thing I wanted was to be cast typed as the girl who can only play in sappy romantic movies and that this shows people that I’m diverse and that I can play parts that are different from one another. It was going to be an interesting experience, that’s for sure.

Today I was going to be doing my first interview and photo shoot for a magazine. My assistant Jennifer had told me I was going to be doing a lot more of these to promote the film. The film wouldn’t be premiering for another two months, but magazines took just about that much time to get one issue ready, so I had to do these interviews early so that they would come out at around the same time the movie would be in theaters.

The thing about this interview though, was that I wouldn’t be doing it alone. I would be doing this interview along with Josh. We would be doing separate photo shoots and then one photo shoot together, and then do the interview together. I couldn’t help but feel excited. I hadn’t seen Josh since I had finished the film. Not because I didn’t want to see him, but our schedules seemed to always conflict. But now that filming was officially done we would be doing some promoting together such as interviews so that meant I got to spend more time with him, which made me happy.

I was already at the photo shoot. We were shooting inside of the building where the magazine was located and I was just going to be in front of a white wall. They had done my makeup to look very natural, since that was how they wanted me to look. My long hair was in perfect curls and had been hair sprayed so that it looked like it had a fuller body to it. My outfit for this photo shoot was a blue halter neck dress with red and pink floral print. It stopped an inch or two above the knee and I absolutely loved it. They paired the dress with a pair of red wedges that tied around my ankle.

I didn’t have much experience with photo shoots, I had to do only one once I got the part of Charlotte and that was just so they could have photos on my biography pages. It had been awhile ago, but I still remembered how things work. All I had to do was exactly what the photographer told me to and I would be fine. Hopefully once this was over I could finally see Josh. I knew he was here, but I hadn’t been able to see him yet.

“We’re ready for you, Katie,” I heard someone say.

I went up in front of the wall, in front of the camera and all the lights and waited for instructions. Upbeat music was playing in the background, and I swayed along with one hand holding the bottom of my dress away from and my other hand on my hip. I really wanted to see Josh, I must sound pathetic. I know it’s only been a week, but I already missed him.

“That’s perfect!” I heard someone exclaim. I snapped out of my thoughts and looked around, trying to identify the owner of the voice. I looked directly in front of me and I saw the photographer crouched down, snapping pictures of me.

“Oh, I didn’t know we had started yet,” I said, blushing with embarrassment.

“We didn’t,” the photographer said as he stood straight up. “What you were doing was just perfect, I had to get a picture,” he said chuckling.

“Oh,” I said, not knowing what else to say.

The photographer came up to me with his arm outstretched. “My names Luke,” he said smiling at me.

I took his hand in mine and shook it lightly, “Katie.”

“Well Katie, I can tell you’re going to be a pleasure to work with.”

I wasn’t sure how he could tell it was going to be a pleasure working with me, maybe it was some sort of photographer intuition thing.

“Well, thank you,” I said grinning at him.

“You are very welcome.”

“So, what is it that you would like me to do?”

“To start off I just want you to kind of do what you were just doing. Hand on the hip, the other on your dress and smile at the camera. We’ll take a few shots like that and then I’ll tell you what to do from there, okay?”

“Works for me.”

“Great! Alright everyone let’s do this!” He went back to his place and he told me to start posing. So I started with what he told me to do and I smiled lightly at the camera. I heard Luke start snapping pictures and watched him go to different spots to take pictures with different angles.

“Katie, look away from the camera with your eyes, don’t move your face and bite your lip,” I heard him say. It was odd, but he was the photographer, so I did what I was told. I looked to my left, but moving only my eyes and bit my lip and raised my eyebrow a little along with it. “Perfect! You’re doing great, Katie,” I heard him shout.

He then told me to turn to my left and take my right hand and run it through my hair and look at the camera, but not to smile. So I did that for a little until he told me to do the same thing on the opposite side. Next I was told to jump in the air a few times, making sure I got my feet off the ground and behind me with my arms stretched out. I did that for awhile until he told to lean up against the wall and put hand on my hip again with one hand looking like I was going to brush my hair away from my shoulder and try to look ‘sexy’. After all of that my part of the photo shoot was over and I heard them call Josh in.

I saw him walk up and he was wearing a white dress shirt with the sleeves folded up to his elbows with a blue tie with fitted blue jeans. I thought of it as an odd combination, but he sure did pull off the look. Josh’s eyes met mine and for a moment all he did was stare, then his face broke out into a smile and jogged up to me. Once he reached me he picked me up and hugged me and I couldn‘t stop the squeal of giggles that left my mouth.

“Man have I missed you,” he said as he put me down.

“I’ve missed you too, a week away from each other is a week too long.”

“Damn right it is!” He said grinning at me. “I’m glad I finally get to see you, I’m sorry we haven’t been able to hang out.”

“Hey, don’t worry about it. Not your fault, our schedules just suck, we’ll find more time together,” I told him happily.

“We better,” he said smiling. “Now go sit down and watch me work my magic for the camera,” he said grinning at me.

“Pfft, we better hope that camera doesn’t break,” I said playfully as I walked away.

“Didn’t you already do that?” He yelled after me.

I smiled to myself and sat down in a chair and watched him pose for the camera. I had to say, Josh was an absolute pro at this. He looked flawless and made everything look so easy. Sure he’d been doing this for years, but he made it look absolutely effortless. Once Josh was done with his photo shoot I was called up so that we could pose together.

“Face each other, Josh put your hands on her hips. Kate, I want you to put your hands on his tie, kind of like your pulling him towards you and look at the camera,” Luke told me.

Josh and I turned to one another and smiled. “This is gonna be fun,” he told me smiling.

“Oh yeah, definitely,” I said chuckling.

Josh set his hands on my hips and pulled me a little closer to him. I attempted to hide the blush that was gracing my cheeks, but Josh had already seen it.

“Do I make you nervous?” He asked smirking.

I smirked back. “You wish.”

Josh chuckled and I grabbed his tie and pulled it towards me. I looked to the camera without moving my head and raised my eyebrow at it as Luke started snapping pictures.

“Kate, kick your leg up,” Luke told me. I did as I was told and we stayed like that for awhile until Luke had gotten the shots he’d wanted for that pose. Next he asked us to go back to back and for Josh to cross his arms and to turn his head to the camera, but to make it look like he was trying to look at me. Then I be grabbing his tie with one hand and have it over his shoulder and I would look like I would be laughing.

I was really enjoying this photo shoot. Although I’m sure the real reason I enjoyed it so much was because Josh was doing it with me. For the next pose we had to turn our bodies facing the camera, but Josh would be behind me with his arms wrapped around my waist, and he would be resting his head on my shoulder and I would lean my head on his. For the final pose Luke wanted us to look like we were dancing. Josh took my hand in his and put his other on the bottom of my back and we started to sway together.

“I could get used to this,” Josh said, smiling.

“Used to what? Photo shoots?” I asked confused.

“No, dancing with you, like this.”

I felt my cheeks heat up. “You’re such a sap,” I said giggling.

“You love it.”

“I do,” I said, smiling up at him. Josh smiled down at me and then did something unexpected. He leaned down and kissed my forehead, as he did that I shut my eyes and leaned my face up a little. It was something small, but to me, it felt so intimate. When he pulled away I looked up at him and he stared down at me, smiling lightly.

“That was great guys!” I heard Luke yell. I jumped and we pulled apart from one another. I guess we both forgot where we were for a moment. “You guys were awesome, good job,” Luke told us.

“Thanks,” we said at the same time.

“So I’ll see you at the interview in a bit?” He asked me.

“Duh,” I said, chuckling. He grinned at me and then we both went to change. Once I was done changing I went to where we were doing the interview and saw that Josh and the interviewer were already there. “Sorry I’m late,” I said.

“You’re just in time,” the woman who was doing interview said.

“Great,” I said as I sat down next to Josh in a chair.

I saw that she had a tape recorder already on and was going to be taking notes.

“Well let’s get this started,” She said. She starting asking a lot questions about the film, which Josh and I took turns answering. Things about the plot, how long it took to shoot, which scenes were our favorite to shoot, which were our least favorite, then she started getting a little personal.

“So, for a while their was actually a rumor that you two were dating.”

“Was there?” Josh asked, clearly surprised.

“So I’m guessing the rumors weren’t true then,” She stated.

“Not at all, we became pretty good friends throughout filming, though.” I added.

“Yeah,” Josh started saying. “Right away we started to get along with one another, we really clicked. Also, we wee kind of thrust upon one another from the start, it was only natural we became friends.”

“Oh, because of what Greg made us do?” I asked him chuckling.

Josh laughed, “Yeah, that’s the real reason. I know neither of us would be able to stand the awkwardness after that,” Josh said, shaking his head.

“What is that Greg made you guys do?” The woman asked us.

“Well,” I said with a small laugh. “Before filming began, our director Greg needed to see the chemistry between us. He needed to see if we could pull off the amount of passion that was needed for the film. So he called us both over to his house and he told us we needed to act out part of a scene we had to shoot, so he needed to see us kiss one another with intensity and passion to make sure we could both do it.”

“And how was doing that?”

“Awkward,” Josh and I said at the same time, We looked at one another and started laughing.

“We ended up doing it without a problem, but afterwards we were kind of just like, ‘oh, I’ve known you for about a day and I already almost had sex with you, how you doing?’” Josh said laughing. I laughed along with him, looking back on it all now, it was a pretty funny and awkward experience.

“So since he made you guys do that, is there a sex scene in the film?” She asked curiously.

“Yes,” We both said.

“How was shooting that?”

“It wasn’t too bad,” I said nonchalantly. That was a complete lie, I don’t think I had been anymore nervous in my entire life.

“Katie and I had been friends for awhile before we actually had to shoot that scene, so we were both pretty comfortable with one another. But I have to say, it’s a pretty hot scene,” He said chuckling.

She asked a few more questions and then the interview was done.

“That wasn’t as bad as I thought it was going to be,” I said.

“Yeah, just wait till you do more of these and they all start asking the same questions, then you’ll be annoyed,” Josh said smiling. “Hey, I’ve got some time today, if you wanted to do anything.”

“Yeah, this was all I had to do today. Do you want to grab some food?”

“Yeah, how about we get the food to go, and we go to back to one of our places and watch a movie?”

“Oh, yeah that’d be great, wanna do my place?” I asked.

“Sounds good to me,” he said with a large smile.

All of a sudden I heard my phone ring, I took it out and looked at the caller ID, Logan.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you guys liked it! Sorry the update is a little late, I had some writers block, but now that's done away with. I've got some BIG plans for the next chapter, things are going to be getting pretty interesting,so stay tuned!
Thank you the comments and recommendations, it means a lot to me.
So keep doing that, please! :)
-Thanks for reading!