Status: Happily Active :)

Unforgettable Charm

A Promise

Today was going to be a busy day. This was my second day in town, and I had to go meet with producers, writers, the directors and the cast today to read through the script. Today would be the first day that I actually met anyone I was going to be working with. I didn’t know exactly what was going to happen, but Jennifer told me what I should be expecting.

“This isn’t too much of a big deal, this is basically just a run through just so you can get to know everyone. Also, to test how the script sounds when people are reading it to one another, to make sure it all sounds good and checking to see if anything needs changing.” She smiled at me. “Nothing to worry about dear.”

But I was nervous, this was my first time meeting the people I was going to work with. With having no experience and never going through this process, I wanted to make sure I made a good impression and didn’t make a complete fool out of myself. I didn’t want everyone to think that the casting agents and producers made a mistake when they cast me for the part. So I started going through the script, although already knowing all of my lines, I familiarized myself with the plot more.

The film was entitled, Asking for Charlotte. It was about a young girl named Charlotte, hence the name, who moves to Malibu, California for the summer to stay with her aunt before leaving for college in the fall. She is from a small town in Wisconsin, and her parents were getting divorced, which is why she decided to leave town and stay with free-spirited aunt, Michelle. While there she meets Lynn, her aunt’s neighbor, and they become instant friends.

Lynn decided to take Charlotte under her wing and show her around the town, telling her about the people and about the area. Then comes along Tyler, the other main character, who belongs to a rich family and from what Charlotte hears, is a snob. But one day, Charlotte decided to go out for a night swim at the beach, she swims out too far and needs help. The person who comes to her rescue is Tyler, surprisingly, and the two become friends.

Tyler and Charlotte become closer, and they find themselves having feelings for one another. Although her feelings are strong for Tyler, she doesn’t believe that they could ever be together because of his status, and although Tyler pleads with her she doesn’t believe they could make it. By the end of the film, when it’s time to for her to leave to go to college, she realizes that she does want to be with him, and is willing to risk it all. So before she leaves, Tyler and Charlotte decide to be together, despite her fears and the distance that is going to be put between them.

On the flight back to Wisconsin, Charlotte’s plane gets caught in an electrical storm, and the plane crashes, leaving no survivors. In the end of the film, it has Tyler narrating the end of the story, about how he never truly got over his first love Charlotte, and how she changed his life, and probably saved it.

Although it was tragic love story, I absolutely loved it. Sure, I died in the end, but the movie was sure to be a real tear-jerker. The ending would be really unexpected, and I liked that. No one expects for the young girl to die so suddenly, but she does. I sure hoped people liked the film, though. I wasn’t much for these kind of movies, but since I was going to be in one, I had to start to get into it.

I still didn’t know who my fellow cast members were. Jennifer and Alex didn’t know either, but they said that I would be finding out who was going to be in the film today. I was so nervous, I even asked them if their was anything in particular that I should be wearing. The both shot me a look that basically said, 'Are you kidding?'. So I decided to go casual, it was rather warm out, after all, this was Los Angeles, and decided to put on a sundress. The sky blue colored dress ended at just above my knees and flowed outward, and had thin straps. I put on white ballet flats, and let my flow down in its natural waves to the middle of my back. I put on some light make up, and then I was finished getting ready.

“You ready to head out?” Alex asked me.

“Yeah.” I said smiling.

I exited the hotel with Alex and Jennifer, and got into a car that would be taking us to the where we would be having the read through of the script. It was a short trip, lasting about fifteen minutes, and when we got there my nerves were starting to kick in, and Alex took notice.

“There's nothing to be nervous about, Katie. It’s just a read through.” He said as he put a comforting arm around my shoulders.

“I thought you agents weren’t supposed to be so nice.” I said smiling up at him.

He smiled back down at me. “I’m not like most agents.” He gave my shoulder a comforting squeeze. “They’re going to love you.”

“Thanks, Alex.”

Jennifer came over to us. “Well, let’s hurry we don’t want to be late.”

We weren’t late, in fact, we were ten minutes early. When I got to where we were doing the read through, the writers, producers, and director were the only ones there. The tables were lined up together set up into a square so that everyone could see one another, but it was also close enough so that everyone could hear one another. The first one to notice me was producer Mark Evans.

He didn’t look like he’d changed much. His blonde hair was a little lighter then the last time I saw it, but still kept its short length. His fair skin had tanned slightly due to the sun of California, but his athletic build had of course, stayed the same.

“Katie.” He said smiling at me. “I’m glad to see you again.” He said as he walked towards me.

“It’s great to see you to Mr. Evans.”

“Katie, you know you can call me Mark, we talked about this.”

We did talk about that. He called me a few times over the past few months to check and see how I was doing. He didn’t have to do that, but it was nice that he did. When I asked why he told me that unlike the other girls who auditioned, I seemed the most genuine and humble, and he also liked that I was “a very sweet girl”.

“Sorry, Mark, I keep forgetting.” I said chuckling.

“No worries, come and have a seat next to me, your assistant and agent can have the seats to other side of you.” So we walked over to wear Mark took us and I sat down next to him. “So, are you excited?” He asked me.

I nodded my head. “Somewhat, I’m also a little nervous.” I said giving a shy smile.

Mark grinned at me. “Aw, nothing to be worried about kid. You’re going to be great.”

“That’s what I keep telling her.” Alex said smiling.

The door opening caught my attention. It seemed as if everyone who was in the movie got here at the same time. I started to see who I was going to work with, and I had to force my mouth close to stop my jaw from dropping.

Walking in first, was Kate Beckinsale; she was more stunning in person than she was in the movies. She’d been in a lot of my favorite movies, such as Pearl Harbor, The Aviator, and Contraband. She sat down at the other side of her room with two of her handlers on either side of her.

Next walked in Logan Lerman. He was in a movie that I really enjoyed, Percy Jackson & the Olympians: The Lightning Thief. Then walked in Dianna Agron, who was in a movie entitled I am Number Four, and was a character on glee, one of my favorite shows. The both sat down at the table and took out their scripts.

“You alright?” Mark asked, smirking at the fact that I was star struck.

“Y-yeah.” I stammered.

“First time seeing movie stars?”

“Yeah.” I said chuckling.

“Well, we’re just waiting on one more to show up. Don’t go too crazy once you see him.”

“Why would I go crazy?”

But before he could answer my question, I saw why he told me not to go too crazy. Josh Hutcherson, one of the stars from The Hunger Games walked through the door, smiling at everyone. He came in wearing fitted blue jeans and a white t-shirt. It wasn’t much, but I always loved seeing guys in just plain white shirts and jeans for some reason. He was just as attractive as I perceived him to be, even though in the last movie I saw him in he was practically covered in dirt the entire time. He glanced over at me and smiled, and I gave a small smile back automatically.

“Now I see why you thought I would go crazy.” I said to Mark, laughing.

“Yeah, well most girls do.” He said smiling. “What do you think of him?”

“What do you mean?” I asked.

“I mean, what do you think of him, do you think he‘s attractive enough to play your Tyler?” He asked teasingly.

I slapped his arm lightly. “You know I don‘t have an actual say in this matter, but yes,” I sat up straighter and put my nose in the air playfully. “He is good enough.” I said, with a flip of my hair. Mark, Alex and Jennifer all started laughing with me, and once we quieted down Mark realized we had work to do.

“You ready to get started?” He asked me.

“As ready as I’ll ever be.”

Mark then stood up and started talking. “Good morning everyone, thanks for coming in this morning.” I saw everyone else who was in the room take a seat. “Now, before we get started, how about our actors and actresses stand up, introduce themselves and say what part they’ll be playing.”

“I’ll start.” Kate Beckinsale said, as she stood up. “Hi, I’m Kate, and I’ll be playing Michelle, and I‘m really excited to start working with all of you.” And she sat back down. I remembered that Michelle, was Charlotte’s aunt. Although she only spoke a few words, she seemed like she was a nice person. And I felt comforted by the thought that she wouldn’t be horrible to me.

The next person stood up. “Hello,” Dianna said sweetly. “I’m Dianna, and I’m going to be playing the part of Lynn.” Lynn was Charlotte’s best friend, I was excited to be working with her, considering I thought she was such a great actress. I had seen her in interviews and talk shows, and she always seemed like a very down to earth and respectful girl.

“Hey, I’m Logan, and I’m going to be playing Adam.” Then he sat back down. By the tone of his voice, it almost sounded if he were bored. I could be misconstruing it, since it was eight in the morning. It fairly early, so I could be mistaking his tone for tiredness; which is understandable.

So, if Logan Lerman was playing Adam, Tyler’s best friend, the guy I had to be in love with. That only left one other option of who would be playing Tyler.

“Hey everyone, I’m Josh, and I’m playing Tyler.”

I knew that I was only allowed to see him as my attractive cast mate, and nothing more. Before coming to Los Angeles, I made a promise to myself that I would not start to have romantic feelings for anyone I worked with, considering I knew better then to start dating or even think about someone with romantic interest that I worked with. I figured it was unprofessional, I told myself I could socialize with the people I worked with, but strictly as friends, and nothing more. But with Josh Hutcherson around, I knew that promise might be a little harder to keep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you enjoyed the chapter! I'm really excited that I have fourteen subscribers, thank you all so much. But I wish I had gotten more feedback, I would really appreciate your thoughts about this story, and if you have any constructive criticism to offer, please share it.

The reason I updated so soon was because I was very excited to see how many people subscribed, and although I only got one comment I was happy. So please comment, I'll update very soon if I get more comments.

Thank you for reading! :)