Status: Happily Active :)

Unforgettable Charm

"I won't give up that easy."

This was really happening? I was actually dating Josh? For the past month I had been pinching myself to make sure that this was all still real and that I wasn’t dreaming. Being with Josh had been more than amazing. I had spent every waking moment with him ever since we had started dating. I couldn’t seem to get enough of him.

We had decided it would be best to keep our relationship between us and our closest friends for now. The last thing we wanted was for the media to find out. It was the start of our relationship, and we wanted to enjoy it and have our privacy for as long as we could. Although we were just starting this relationship, didn’t mean that we stopped working. I had been working on set already doing scenes, and Josh had just taken off to shoot Catching Fire, which I was ecstatic for. I was happy that things had finally fallen into place for us, though it took us awhile to get there.

I was in currently in New York, finishing out the rest of the filming for my next movie. I had been having a blast while I was here. My friends and family had even visited me the first day I was here. I didn’t realize how much I had missed everyone until I finally got to see them in person. Sure, skyping with them is great, but nothing beats being able to hug them and talk with them in person.

Today had been my day off and I spent my day walking around the city taking pictures of almost everything and doing some shopping. I loved the busy streets, the fast pace of the city, the bright lights and colors. Some people say the city is overrated, but I thought it was perfect. Although I was enjoying my time in the city, I missed Josh more than anything. I couldn’t but think about how everything would have been so much fun if he were by my side.

As I headed back to the building where I was staying I noticed someone standing outside of the building. As I got closer I saw that it was a guy, he looked strangely familiar to me but I was still too far to see exactly who it was. As I got closer I started to make out who he was and stopped where I was. I was going to turn around and head in the opposite direction, but I had already been spotted.

“Katie!” He was jogging over to me now and I stood frozen.

How exactly does a person react when their ex randomly pops up out of nowhere?

“Craig, what are you doing here?” I asked, shocked that he was actually standing in front of me.

“What does it look like I’m doing? I came to visit you,” he said chuckling.
Craig looked exactly the same as he did when we broke up a year ago. He had short, black hair that was cut short to his scalp, a strong athletic build, and clear blue eyes.

“How did you know where I was?”

“Natalie told me,” he said grinning.

I should’ve known, Natalie is a close friend, but boy does she have a big mouth. Which is one of the reasons I hadn’t told her about Josh and I yet. She had always liked Craig and thought we were perfect for one another, I on the other hand, didn’t think so.

“Oh, how long are you in town for?”

“Just the day.”

Craig was a nice guy, the relationship had just kind of fizzled out. We wanted different things, we parted ways on good terms, so their wasn’t any awkwardness. We had the same friends back home so we would occasionally run into one another.

“Oh, awesome.”

“Here, let me get your bags for you,” he grabbed a hold of the few shopping bags that I had.

“Thanks,” I said politely. “Come on in.” Might as well invite him, he did come on his own back from Pennsylvania to come visit me, it was the least I could do.

He followed me inside and we went up to my apartment. Once inside he set my ags next to the door.

“Whoa, this place is huge,” he said while admiring everything.

“Yeah, the studio put me here till I’m done filming.”

“And when will that be?”

“In about two more weeks?”

“What are you gonna do afterwards?”

“Probably head back to L.A., theirs a few other jobs I’m considering so we’ll see.” I said smiling, sitting down on my couch.

Craig sat down next to me. “That’s fantastic, good for you.”

“Thanks, how about you? How’s school going?”

“It’s been going great, made deans list,” he said grinning proudly.

“That’s great, Craig!” I said excitedly.

“Thanks, it was hard but I was finally able to do it.”

“I’m really happy to hear that,” I said honestly.

Their was a moment of silence until Craig decided to speak up.

“So Katie, I was wondering, I know I’m only here for the day, but I was kind of hoping maybe you’d like to go out tonight,” he said as in more of a question then a statement.

“Like, um, a date?”

“Yeah, like a date,” he said smiling.

“Oh, Craig, um, you know that might not be a good idea?”

“Why not?”

“Well, we’ve already dated, Craig. It didn’t work out, we’re friends now and I think we should stay like that.” I tried to let him down easy, even though I was never good at this sort of thing.

“Who says the second time around wouldn’t work?” He asked, grabbing a hold of my hand.
Immediately I pulled it back. Inviting him up was not the smartest idea, especially since I have Josh now.

“Craig, I’m seeing someone.” The smile on his face was wiped away in an instant.

“Wh-what? Who?”

“It doesn’t matter who, Craig. I can’t date you, let’s just stay friends,” I said standing up. Craig stood up alongside of me.

“It’s an actor, isn’t it?”

“Craig, I just told you-”

“Come on Katie, if you’re gonna let me down can’t you tell me everything?”

“It’s complicated, Craig.”

“It wouldn’t be complicated with me, Katie.” He took both of my hands in his and held them. “I’m not actor, but I care about you. It wouldn’t be complicated with me, it would be so easy to be with me, just give me a chance.”

“I did give you a chance, Craig. It didn’t work out, I’m sorry if I’m hurting you but I care about the relationship that I’m in now.”

“Katie, come on.”

I took my hands away from his. “No Craig, if you can’t respect my decision then please leave.”
Craig stared at me in shock, he went over to the door and opened it, then looked at me and said, "I won't give up that easy.". Then he shut the door, and was gone.
♠ ♠ ♠
An update! Sorry their was no Josh in this one but he'll be returning soon!
What do you guys think of this chapter? How do you feel about Craig?
Comment and subscribe pleaseee!

~Minnie