Status: Happily Active :)

Unforgettable Charm

A Girl Can Dream

I finished another day of filming and was already settled back in my apartment. Tonight I was going out with Dianna for dinner. The restaurant was Italian, and she assured me that the food was delicious. I had an hour until I had to meet up with her there, so until then I relaxed in bed and let my mind wander.

Today had been a productive day on set, just like any other day. I had done all of my scenes today with Kate Beckinsale. She seemed like a very nice woman, she was very nice to me today. We didn’t talk much though, considering we were working most of the time. I didn’t have any scenes with Josh, but I saw him around set for some reason. I guess he had things to take care of there, so he was just there for that.

I couldn’t stop thinking of the day before, and how Josh had shown up at my trailer. I don’t know why, but I felt like there was more to it then him just coming by to apologize. I just had that vibe that he left something out. To be honest, I don’t think I wanted to know. Whatever it was, it wasn’t important enough to tell me last night. But then again, I pretty much shooed him out the door once he was inside my trailer. I didn’t want to talk to him alone, especially after what happened at Dianna’s party.

Although he told me that he had been drunk, I wasn’t sure I could believe him. When I told him that I knew he was drunk, the look on his face was pure confusion. It almost seemed like he didn’t expect me to say that, like he didn’t expect me to call him out on being drunk. Or, maybe he was confused, because he hadn’t been drinking at all, and was shocked to hear me accuse him of being that way. No, no I couldn’t think that way, I shouldn’t think that way. Josh was drunk, end of story. He admitted it to me that he was, so that’s what I would think. And I wouldn’t let myself think otherwise unless Josh told me something else.

This upcoming week I was going to have work with Josh more. We were doing a lot of beach scenes together, and shooting scenes where we would be out at things like a carnival, or dinner. Greg told me we were going to be shooting those scenes for that week and we would probably have it go into another week. I think what production was going to do was set it up like a montage. Show a bunch of clips from the scenes we do, put some music in the background and show the audience the growing relationship between Tyler and Charlotte.

Like always, I just had to keep it all professional. I knew that during these scenes we wouldn’t have any lines, and that we would have to ad-lib everything we said. I just had to keep everything casual, and make sure Josh did to. But I’m sure he would, we had to make everything seem fun, like we were enjoying one another, so I know he wouldn’t try to bring up anything serious, or talk about what happened at the party.

I looked at the time and realized it was almost seven, and I had to meet up with Dianna at the restaurant. I got up and grabbed the keys to the car and made my way over to the restaurant. I was there in a matter of minutes. When I parked outside of the restaurant I saw that their was a good number of paparazzo’s out front. I had my sunglasses on, but I doubted that they would be taking pictures of me. I grabbed my purse and opened the car door and stepped out of the car. A few flashes went off around me, but I ignored it and went inside the restaurant.

Once inside, I mentioned to the hostess that I was meeting Dianna, and she showed me to Dianna’s table. Once at the table Dianna greeted me.

“Katie, good to see you,” she said smiling as she got up and hugged me.

“Aw thanks, good to see you to.”

“Did you have any trouble finding the place?” She asked as we sat down.

“No not at all, it’s not too far from where I’m staying so it wasn’t hard to find.”

“Great.” The waitress took my drink order and went to go get it. “So ho was it today? I had the day off so I don’t know anything that went on,” she told me.

“Oh today I just did scenes with Kate. It wasn’t a very eventful day. So tell me, what’s good here?” I asked as I started to skim the menu for anything that I would like.

“I suggest any of the pastas, they’re always delicious.”

The waitress came back a few minutes later with my drink and Dianna and I ordered our food. While waiting we made conversation.

“So how was your day off?” I asked her.

“It was great. I slept in, relaxed, did some cleaning around my house, shopped and now I’m doing dinner with you,” she told me, smiling.

“Sounds like a great day,” I said chuckling.

“It was,” She said smiling. “So, would you like to hear something interesting?” She asked as she leaned forward towards me.

“Oh I am always willing to hear something interesting.” I said as folded my arms over the table and leaned in.

“Guess who called me?”

“Who?” I asked.

“Logan,” She said smirking.

“Logan? As in our cast mate, Logan?”

Dianna laughed, “Yes, that’s the one. He called to ask about you.”

“Me? Why?” I asked shocked.

“Well, I believe he likes you.” Dianna said smirking, as she took a sip of her drink.

“Are you serious? Did he actually say that he did?”

“He didn’t outright say it, but it was implied.”

“How so?”

“He asked me if I thought you would say yes if he asked you on a date.” Dianna grinned when she said the last part.

“A date? He wants to go out on a date? With me?”

“Why do you sound so shocked? Come on, after my party, you had to at least think he had some type of crush on you.”

“I just thought it was the alcohol talking, I didn’t really think anything of it.”

“Well, I think he does.”

“Well, what did you tell him?” I asked, wanting to know more.

“I told him that right now he should let you settle in, that you’re going through some big changes with moving here to California and doing the film. So I told him that right now what you needed was a friend.”

I let out a sigh of relief. Dianna was definitely turning out to be a good friend.

“That was the perfect answer,” I said grinning. “Although I am going through some big changes, I don’t really like him as more than a friend.”

“That’s what I thought,” Dianna said, nodding her head. “I don’t really see anything between you two, but I sure do see something between you and Josh,” She said with a smirk.

“W-what?” I let out a forced laugh. “I really don’t think there is anything between Josh and me.”

Even as I said that, it felt like a lie. I could feel it, I don’t know what it was but I could feel something. And I knew, that I was only ignoring the feeling, because I knew that my work was more important than my feelings.

“Oh really?” Dianna gave me a look that showed she knew I wasn’t being honest.

“Yeah, really. Plus, I have to focus on filming. It isn’t wise for me to even begin to think about Josh that way, let alone anyone.”

“True, you do need time to get used to everything. But that doesn’t mean that you should stop yourself from having feelings,” Dianna said, as the food was placed in front of us.

“Why do you think that there is something between Josh and I?” I asked as I took a bite out of my pasta.

“I may have seen something happen between the two of you after the party.”

I looked up at Dianna and saw that she was grinning. “No you didn’t,” I said in disbelief. “You saw that?”

“The whole thing,” Dianna said nodding her head.

“Well, that shouldn’t really matter though. Josh already told that he’d been drinking that night, and that was why he made a move.

“Wait, he said he was drinking?”

“Yeah.”

“Katie, he wasn’t drinking that night. Josh isn’t the type of guy to drink when he has work the next morning.”

“….So he was sober?”

“I’m positive.”

“Why would he lie?”

“Well, were you the one who brought up the drinking?”

“Yeah, I did.”

“Well, there you go, Katie. Since you probably brushed it under the rug and said it was from drinking he just went along with it to make you feel better. Katie, he likes you. It’s so obvious, you don’t notice much, but Josh is always looking at you. With one look at Josh anyone could tell that he likes you. Do you like him?”

That was the big question. I knew what I felt, but I kept burying those feelings because I didn’t want to deal with them. I didn’t want to say how I felt out loud, because then it becomes that more real. But I knew I had to face them sooner or later.

“I do like him, but nothing can happen between us.”

“Ever?”

“Not ever, but not while we’re filming. I need to focus on work, and I don’t want anything to distract me. I think it would just be better to keep my distance from Josh and not get close with him until filming is over.”

“I don’t know about that, Katie, I know you want to focus on the movie, but just because you don’t want to have feelings for Josh doesn’t mean you guys shouldn’t be friends. He’s a nice guy, and just because you don’t want to have feelings for him doesn’t mean you should push him away. Just give him a chance, get to know him. And it’s fine if you let your feelings for him grow, it could make the chemistry that much more real on screen. Just think about it, Katie.”

Dianna and I went about our dinner and talked about a number of other things. Once we finished we said our goodbyes and went our separate ways. During dinner I had kept what she had said to me in the back of my mind. I had never thought to let my feelings for him show, I always thought it had been a bad idea. But Dianna made a good point, if I decided to let myself grow closer to Josh and maybe develop more feelings for him, it would show through our acting, and maybe make it that much better for the audience that was going to see the film.

And if what Dianna said was true about Josh liking me, that would make things even better. I couldn’t help but feel a twinge of excitement when she told me he liked me. And I knew, that I was going to like him more just knowing he had feelings for me. Maybe this was what was best. I could become friends with Josh, which was something I desperately wanted to do, and maybe it could turn out great in the end for the film. And who knows, maybe we could turn into something more once the film was over. I know that’s wishful thinking, but a girl can dream, can’t she?
♠ ♠ ♠
Josh was sober! So what do you guys think of the chapter?
Do you think anything is going to happen with Logan and Katie?
And what do you think of Dianna so far?
Tell me how you feel about Katie letting herself feel something for Josh, finally? Lol.
Tell me in a comment please! I really would like more comments, I would LOVE to get to ten stars, help me get there! :)