Status: INDEFINITE HIATUS

Jaws On The Floor

one

Joshua Franceschi sighed as he rubbed his face roughly with his hands. Another night, another dinner out with his model girlfriend, Emilie Walker. He was sick of going out practically every night with his girlfriend. He hated the snooty, stuck up modeling world he was dragged into by her.

Josh and Emilie met some years back at a studio. They had bumped into each other in the most cliché of ways – spilling coffee all over each other. Emilie was just starting her modeling career and Josh was just starting to get his band’s feet off the ground.

Things had changed. They were both shoved into stardom. Emilie was now huge, she was in every fashion magazine, and Josh’s band, You Me At Six, was getting bigger and bigger with each tour they did.

Josh didn’t know why he stayed with Emilie. He was miserable with her. Her looks and the sex just kept him around, he guessed.

“Josh, smile,” Emilie said through her teeth, smiling across the table at her friend, a fellow model.

Josh had to literally bite his tongue from saying anything nasty to his girlfriend. He did as he was told and put on a huge, fake grin. Emilie was a bitch. She thought the world revolved around her. Currently, she wasn’t wrong. London loved Emilie. Josh didn’t.

Emilie was oblivious to Josh’s growing dislike of her. She thought he was still very much in love with her, like she was very much in love with him. Her love blinded her.

Emilie reached her hand under the table to grab Josh’s. Josh flinched slightly, not wanting to hold her hand, but he held it softly, nonetheless. She smiled over at him. He shot back a fake smile.

He couldn’t wait to get out of there and on the road again.

When he was on tour, that’s when he found peace. He was far away from her and he loved the freedom. He never cheated, though. Josh may have disliked the girl, but he couldn’t ever bring himself to cheat on her. His heart was still in the right place.

Josh grabbed his glass of Jameson on the rocks and threw it back, loving the burning in his throat and the warm sensation spreading throughout his body. That had been his third glass of the evening.

Emilie ignored his drinking and continued talking to Amber, chatting about the newest fall fashions.

Josh rolled his eyes and bounced his knee up and down, bored out of his fucking mind. He let go of Emilie’s hand, making her look over at him with crumpled eyebrows. That wasn’t attractive.

“I’m going to the loo,” Josh muttered, getting up from the table, the chair screeching across the wooden floor. The models and their model boyfriends watched Josh carefully, waiting until he was out of the room so they could talk about him.

Josh knew they all whispered behind his back. He didn’t give a fuck though. He just brushed off any negativity and smiled at them. He was the bigger person.

Once in the loo, Josh went to the sinks. He stared at his reflection, groaning at what he saw. He saw a fake. The suit and tie, the nice, clean hair, that wasn’t him. “Get me out of here,” He muttered to his reflection, shaking his head.

*


In the car, Emilie looked over at Josh sitting in the passenger’s seat with such a bored expression on his face it worried her. She wanted to cheer him up.

“So, baby,” Josh cringed at her calling him ‘baby’. “I’ve got some news!”

Josh looked over at Emilie with wide eyes. What the hell was her news? It couldn't be good. “What?”

“My friend is flying in on Thursday and she’s staying with us!” Emilie smiled brightly at the road in front of her. She didn’t want to look away from the road at all. She was a paranoid driver. “Won’t it be fun!”

Josh stared at her in horror. He loathed her friends. They were always stuck up and they always judged him. “You didn’t talk to me about this, Emilie! How long is she staying for?” He sighed, running his hand through his hair, messing it up.

“Only a couple months,” Emilie shrugged as if it was no big deal.

Months?” Josh repeated, still staring at his girlfriend in horror.

“She’s got something to do here in London. We were best friends in school, Josh. I haven’t seen her since secondary school, actually. She’s staying,” Emilie said, ending the conversation.

Josh groaned inwardly and slumped down in his seat. Thursday started his couple of months in hell. Great.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well, hello.

Another Josh fic? Why not!?

Yes, it is short, but it's pretty much just a little intro. I'll probably post the next chapter tomorrow or sometime this week if I get enough feedback.

So, please tell me what you think!

<3