Status: INDEFINITE HIATUS

Jaws On The Floor

two

Thursday had come quicker than Josh liked. He was absolutely dreading the drive to London’s Heathrow Airport to pick up some snooty little friend of Emilie’s.

“Joshy! Let’s go!” Emilie yelled from the hallway. Josh fucking hated it when Emilie called him ‘Joshy’. He flipped her the finger from inside their bedroom before slipping the grey beanie on his head and leaving the room. She smiled at him and he gave an empty one back. “You’ll love her, I promise.”

“Doubt it,” Josh said under his breath as they left the flat.

*


Emilie and Josh stood in the airport, scanning the crowd for Emilie’s friend, Juliette. Josh held loosely on to Emilie’s hand. “What’s she look like again?” Josh asked, looking for a model-esque girl much like Emilie.

Emilie was about to answer before her eyes landed on Juliette. “That’s her!” Emilie squealed, letting go of Josh’s hand. She ran through the crowd of people, making her way to the girl. Josh rolled his eyes and followed her slowly.

He saw her hugging a small, busty brunette. The girl looked no taller than five foot four.

Emilie pulled away from the brown haired girl, smiling from ear to ear, “Josh, this is Juliette. Juliette, this is Josh!”

His eyes fixated in on the small piercing above her lip, just a tad to the side. A Monroe. Interesting.

Josh stuck out his hand for the girl to shake. She took it, shaking it lightly. Josh glanced down at her tiny hands. Chipped red nail polish that looked like she’d done it herself adorned her bitten, clearly unmanicured fingernails. He looked up at her. Their eyes locked and Josh instantly grinned, “You’re nothing like the other girls she’s friends with.”

Juliette let out a loud laugh, “Nope! I’m no model. Sorry if I disappointed you.”

Emilie giggled, “You were expecting another model, weren’t you, baby?”

“Honestly, yes, since that’s all you ever bring ‘round anymore,” He admitted, a little edge to his voice. Emilie hadn’t noticed that biting edge, but Juliette did, and she crumpled her eyebrows together.

“Let’s get out of here, I hate airports,” Emilie said, walking away. She hadn’t even offered to help carry any of Juliette’s bags.

“Typical Emilie,” Juliette muttered, throwing a bag over her shoulder. Josh grabbed one of her big rolling suitcases and wheeled it along behind him as they walked. “Thank you, Josh, right?”

He nodded, “Right. So, where’d you fly in from?”

“Los Angeles,” She answered, nodding a bit. “I’m just here for a couple months until Uni picks back up again. I’ll be out of your hair before you know it, don’t worry.”

Josh let out a light laugh. He liked this girl already.

**


“Right, follow me, Juliette,” Emilie said, making her way down the hallway. She pushed open a door, revealing a pale white guest room. A queen sized bed was placed in the far corner of the room, neatly made. A nice white nightstand was next to it with a lamp on top of it. A dresser sat opposite the bed, against the wall. A closet was on the wall at the end of the bed. It was nice, Juliette thought.

“Cozy,” Juliette nodded, walking in and setting her backpack on the bed. She left her rolling bag on the floor next to the bed. Josh came in with her other two bags, setting them down on the floor. “Thanks, Josh.”

“No problem,” He said before leaving the room.

“Josh, where are you going?” Emilie asked, poking her head out of the room.

Josh turned around and looked at her, a fake smile on his face, “Pub with the guys. Haven’t properly seen ‘em in a couple days.”

Emilie nodded softly, putting on a fake smile, much like Josh’s, “Have fun, okay?”

“Will do,” He said, leaving the flat quickly.

Juliette stared at Emilie, an eyebrow quirked up, “Has he got a massive stick up his arse or…?”

Emilie sighed, “Dunno. Lately he’s been very blah.”

“I can see that,” Juliette chuckled. She threw an arm around her friends shoulder, grinning, “So tell me everything I’ve missed!”

The two sat and talked in Juliette’s temporary room for the remainder of the night, catching up on each other’s lives, gossiping, and things like that.

Juliette stretched her legs and let out a little yawn. Emilie yawned too, stretching her arms over her head. Her stomach let out a little rumble and she looked down at it. She hated when it did that.

“You hungry?” Juliette laughed, staring at Emilie. Emilie didn’t look like she ate much. It worried Juliette, honestly. Juliette swung her legs over the side of the bed and stood. “Come. Let’s go raid your kitchen. Have you got any ice cream?”

“I think Josh keeps some in the flat at all times,” Emilie chuckled, standing up as well. She led Juliette out of the guest room, down the hall, and into the small kitchen. She opened the freezer and peered in, looking for Josh’s ice cream. She pouted when she couldn’t find any, “Sorry, love, looks like it’s all gone.”

“Damn. Got any cookie dough? Or any ingredients to make cookies? We could make chocolate chip cookies like we used to back in school, remember?” Juliette smiled, rummaging through Emilie’s cabinets.

“Yes! Remember that time we made the chocolate chip cookies and added sprinkles and icing on top of them? It was like a diabetic’s worst nightmare!” Emilie laughed as she hopped up on to the counter.

“Good fucking times,” Juliette laughed. She didn’t care Emilie wasn’t going to help her look for things. She sorta knew already that it wasn’t going to happen. Emilie had always acted like the world revolved around her. Lately, it had just gotten worse. Juliette shut the cabinet, sighing, “Let’s just go get cookies?”

Just as Emilie got off the counter, the sound of the front door opening, then slamming shut caught the two girls’ attention.

Josh stumbled through the flat to the kitchen, grinning widely at the two of them, “Hey, love, I’m home!”

“Hi, Josh,” Emilie said, walking over to him. She tried to place a kiss on his lips, but he moved his head, causing her to miss and plant her lips on his cheek instead. Emilie skewed her mouth to the side as Josh backed up and walked down the hall to their room. She turned to Juliette, letting out a loud sigh, “He’s always drinking or coming home drunk.”

Juliette hadn’t known Josh or been in his presence more than three hours and she already knew Josh didn’t love Emilie like Emilie loved Josh. She wondered why on earth Josh was still with Emilie if he didn’t love her.

Juliette went over to Emilie and wrapped her arms around her for a hug. She rubbed her back softly, “It’s alright, love. He’s in a band, yeah? That’s what band guys do!”

“I guess,” Emilie forced herself to laugh a bit.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yaaaaaaay, hi!

This story will not be updated regularly like Smash Into Me is. This will be updated as soon as/whenever I have the chapters written. It'll be like the rest of my stories. Okay!

Thank you LookingUp93 for the lovely comment <3
& thank you to the readers and subscribers.

Please tell me what you all think of this!

<3