Status: Complete, Only took four years XD

Tristis Nox

I'm a Failure to my Kind

Finally, I pushed off the wall and head to my room. I got my things and started out the castle. I tried hard to avoid seeing people; I did not want their stares, the whispers, the questions. I rushed out the front gate and straight to my destination.
As I weaved through the ignorant crowd I bumped into a friend. “Hey what was that for? Oh! Hey Tristis.” Rob grinned.
“Hi, Rob. What are you up to?” I smiled down at him.
“Getting groceries for mom… you okay? You don’t look soo good.”
“I’m fine, just a bit tired.”
“You sure?” he looked at me long and hard.
“I’m fine.” I laughed, not because I wanted to fool him but because I was happy he cared about my welfare.
“Okay, you better be. You want to help me shop?”
“I can’t, I’m going to meet someone. I’ll see you around though, kay?”
“Kay!” then he scurried off and disappeared into the throng. I smiled and headed off to the inn for my long awaited meeting.
I sat on the edge of the fountain and waited. The sun moved slowly in the sky and hours after noon a shadowy figure appeared in the distance. The person stood out from the crowed, for he wore a black and grey cloak, gloves, and the person’s hood was up. *Ah finally. Took you long enough, you silly fool.*
I pushed myself up and dashed towards the figure. Once I was close enough I leaped at him. “Vātēs! Long time no see, my friend.” I smiled as I hugged him tightly.
“Tristis, how are you?” Vātēs smiled back.
“I’ve been better. Where have you been?”
“My meeting took longer than I wanted and I had to get ready to come here. It does take time you know.”
“I guess I wouldn’t know.” I shrugged. “Less work for me!” I grinned.
“Yes, you lazy person.” He teased back causing me to laugh. “What is wrong? Although you laugh, I can feel your sadness.”
My smile fell and I casted my eyes to the ground. The nightmare of last night started to haunt my thoughts. “This is a matter better told in a private place.” We both looked around and Vātēs nodded. “We’ll get you a room and we’ll talk there.” We walked into the Resurrecting Phoenix and a dozen people occupied the space of the tavern.
“Will I be able to get a room?” Vātēs asked doubtfully.
“You should be able—“
I was cut off before I could finish my sentence. “Tristis!” Rob appeared before my within seconds.
“Hey, Rob. Did you get everything?”
“Yup. We even had money left over! I’m good at bargaining.” He grinned, triumph radiating off of him.
“That’s great.” I ruffled his hair and his grin grew. “Rob, do you have a room available?”
“Huh? I think so. Why?”
“My friend needs a room. Rob this is Vātēs. Vātēs this is my pal Rob.” They shook hands though they both looked suspicious of each other.
“We might. Let me go ask my mom.” He disappeared, although he looked back as he got father away.
“I don’t think he likes you…” I muttered.
“Me either.”
“You didn’t seem to like him back though.”
“You know I do not like meeting people on these worlds.”
“I guess, but you still shouldn’t be rude.”
“And you should not be getting to friendly with the locals, Tristis.”
“…I can’t help it. Plus, Rob is special I needed help finding this place.” I pouted and Vātēs sighed in response. Suddenly Rob returned to my side.
“We have a room for him if he needs it.” Rob’s voice held the hope that my friend did not.
“I will take it.” Vātēs said, causing Rob’s face to fall a little, but within seconds a smile was back on his face.
“K, follow me.” Rob mumbled as he led us to the stairs, and disappeared behind the door at the top. We quickened our pace and caught up with him. He then scurried down the hallway and took a left. Three doors later he stopped and opened the door. “This is your room while you stay here.” He held his hand out to Vātēs who mimicked him, except with his palm up. Rob dropped a small silver key into his hand. “This is the key to your room. I suggest you lock your door if you have important things. I have to go back to work. I’ll see your around.” Then he turned to leave, “See you later, Tristis!” after waving a final good-bye he ran off.
“He’s cute.” I giggled.
“Mhm, now let’s talk.” Vātēs motioned for me to enter.
“So serious. Lighten up Vay, it’s only us you know.” I sauntered in and sat on the window sill.
Vātēs shut the door and stood in the middle of the room. “Tris, please tell me. I do not like seeing you like this, you always joke around even though I can clearly see that is not how you feel.” His silver swirling orbs pleading. I knew he hated when I hurt; it always hurt.
I sighed and began, “Early this morning, before the sun even thought of shining, the King was attacked. I found him, but it was too late and… I saw him die. He died in my arms; I had his blood all over me. I—I couldn’t do anything!” I gripped the edge of the sill until my knuckles turned white. The night flashed before me, pain and emptiness filled my body. It consumed my body without my knowledge and I doubled over. "So Much Blood!"
“TRISTIS!” Vātēs enveloped me and I came out of my trance. I was shaking and just let myself lean against him. “Tristis, you need to stop getting close to these people.” He continued hugging me and rubbed my back. “It is okay, Tris. It is over.” I relaxed in his embrace and we just stayed like that for a while. Then he gently pushed me away so he could look at my face. “Are you okay now?”
I nodded and casted my gaze downward. *I shouldn’t be like this. I shouldn’t let these things effect me. *
♠ ♠ ♠
Aww Rob's so cute XD I love him, he's so adorable.