Status: Complete, Only took four years XD

Tristis Nox

A Night to Dance

We met up with the group of Armians and headed towards the village. The trek was short and we arrived at the edge of the forest in no time. I was then blindfolded and we walked the rest of the way in foot. The walk was easy, but I stumbled a few times over roots and sticks. We finally stopped and the blindfold was taken off. *Sight! How I’ve missed you.*
A lively village welcomed me and I smiled at how cozy it was. People worked, chatted, and children playing filled the air as I walked with the group down the road. Many people stared as I walked but did not do anything more. I was taken to a small hut where an old man sat by a fire. His eyes were closed and looked to be at peace. When we approached, he did not stir jut lazily opened his eyes. “Yes?” he asked with his eyes trained on me.
“We have a visitor until the storm passes. May she stay?” the woman replies.
He paused to asses me. “You may. You have come on a good night; we are having a feast to night. Enjoy Miss.”
“Thank you for your kindness.” I bowed and smiled. He nodded and I was ushered away to where I was going to stay.
I settled myself in before heading to where Aries was staying. He was being fed as I entered so I decided to explore the village. At first I was on my own for people only looked at me but never came near. However after the first half hour children started to gather around me eager for me to tell them stories, to play with them, and show me around. It was exhausting trying to keep up with them, but I did have a lot of fun.
By the time the sun started to set I was ready to pass out. “You guys have too much energy.” The kids giggled and started jumping up and down.
“It’s starting! It’s starting!” I was about to ask what was about to start, but before I could the kids grabbed my hands and pulled me to an unknown destination. I almost ran them over when the kids suddenly stopped. They pulled my hand to sit and watch. The villagers sat in a half circle with a huge bon fire in the middle. The head chief stood before the fire facing the crowd.
“We celebrate today the first New Moon of the year. So tonight we have fun in celebration of this night!” cheers erupted from the crowd and the feast eagerly began.
Large amounts of food were laid out and served. Music and laughter sounded loudly in the air. I sat back and watched in awe and happiness at the sight before me. For awhile no one really talked to me, but slowly people came to talk to the stranger.
As the night drew on I was asked many questions and then dragged out by the children to dance. They had a lot of fun teaching me the steps to each dance and laughed at how clumsy I was. Eventually, I learned the steps, but I was never a great dancer so the children laughed harder each time I improvised.
The festival lasted until dawn. When the sun started to rise, everyone was more than ready to retire to their homes and sleep. I hoisted myself off of the ground, helped carry the passed out children to their respective homes, and stumbled to my place of stay. I slept the rest of the day away and did not wake until a soft knock stirred me. I groggily sat up and mumbled, “Come in.”
“The Elder would like to speak to you.” Said the woman from before.
“Okay, thank you…” I paused realizing I had no clue what this woman’s name was, “Ah I don’t know your name. How rude of me.”
“You may call me Wolf. I’ll be waiting outside, come out when you are ready.” She bowed her head and left. *Odd name, but who am I to judge? Seriously who would name a child Tristis? It is such a depressing name and I’m not even that depressing. Okay maybe I am, but that’s beside the point. Great I’m talking to myself again… I need friends…* I stretched as I thought about names and changed into clean clothes. I ran my fingers through my knotted hair and walked outside.
“Hello Wolf. My name is Tristis, sorry for not introducing myself earlier. I’m usually not that rude.” I stretched out my hand.”
“Odd name.” she firmly shook my hand and gave a small smile. “Greetings, Tristis.”
We headed to the Elder’s hut with many stops along the way. Children, many of whom I played with yesterday, ran up to greet us and ask if we could play with them. I told them I had to meet with the Elder, but would later. They smiled and ran off until later, when I would be free to entertain them. I giggled to myself at how adorable and innocent they were. I prayed silently that they would live long and healthy lives.
♠ ♠ ♠
Enjoy ^_^