Status: Complete, Only took four years XD

Tristis Nox

I'm Not Made for Head Butting

I stayed up on the wall until I ran out of arrows, then I turned and nodding a fair well to Luka before jumping down onto a nearby roof. I crouched and ran as I headed to where my weapons were. Along the way I picked up a fallen sword and fought my way through the center of town. I finally made it to the tavern only to find it completely impregnable. *Good for them, they know how to keep a place protected. Only now this causes problems for me since my weapons are in there.* I quickly swept for an opening or a place to get in but found none. *Window maybe?* I dashed around to the back and found that boarded up. *Man they’re good. Stable.* I went straight to the stable and found it locked up. Looking around I found no one and kicked open the doors. Many startled horses whined and stamped their feet, but I paid no heed. “Aries!” I called and he immediately stuck his head out. “I need you to watch this place while I do something you got that?” I looked straight into his eyes and he neighed in confirmation. “Good.” I unlocked his stable door and left him to guard the other horses. I looked around and found the thing I was looking for, the door leading into the living quarters. I smiled to myself as I tried the door which was inconveniently locked. *Of course, nothing can be easy when Tristis is doing it. Noooo everything must be locked or have fifty million enemies in front of it.* I mentally grumbled to myself as I stretched out my hand and blew up... I mean unlocked the door. I looked behind me before heading into the tavern via the backdoor.
I swiftly ran up the stairs in record time before being confronted by the door leading into the tavern. I tried the doorknob and found it to be locked. *Who am I kidding?* I reached for my gift again and listened to the door unlock. I pushed the door open and whipped out my key. Once inside I grabbed my knives and headed to my window. I looked outside to see fighting, blood, and bodies all over the place. I sighed before turning around and ran back to the stable. While I was still groping in the dark I heard Aries’s whines and grunts. I gave up on being careful and stumbled down the rest of the stairs before helping out my friend with defending the other horses. We quickly knocked out the intruders and I turned to make sure Aries was okay. He appeared fine with only minor scratched, but it was the look in his eyes that made me hesitate leaving. “You want me to let the others out don’t you?” His coal black eyes stared back at me in confirmation. I made a sharp nod before hastily unlocking most of the stalls. The horses eagerly got out and stood protectively at the entrance of the stable. I squeezed between the large creatures and looked back at Aries over my shoulder. “Protect the others and the Tavern, okay?” Aries neighed loudly as he stomped his right leg which causing the others to mimic him. Once again I nodded before dashing back into the thick of the fight.
I swiftly dispatched my opponents with little sweat and I helped anyone who needed it. As time passed, I made my way to the middle of the town where the fighting was holding out. It was nearing the end when I heard a cry from behind me. I quickly knocked my person out and looked back to see Anita being stabbed in the shoulder by a bulky, long bearded man. He savagely ripped his blade from her and she fell forward on her knees while holding her shoulder. He brought his sword over his head to deal his final fatal blow. As he let out a war cry I gripped my knives and charged right at him. I plowed into his mid section causing him to yelp in surprise, drop his weapon behind him, and tumble to the ground with me. Pain shot through my shoulder as I collided with his muscular body, but I managed to knock him down and sprawled next to him. After getting acquainted with the ground, he recovered fast and pinned me to the ground with an angry growl. I struggled with him, but he was obviously too powerful for me. He grinned maliciously at my struggling form before gripping both of my wrists above my head, rendering me even more useless. *Ah crap, how’d I get myself into this mess? Oh yeah, I was trying to save someone. Wait what is he doing… That’s a crude looking knife.* As he produced a knife from his belt I prepared myself for pain. *Well, this is going to suck and be very painful.* As he raised the knife, *didn’t you learn the first time not to do that,* I bolted up and slammed my head against his. *Ow, pain… lots of pain.* Momentarily stunned, the man flopped off of me giving me the shaky advantage to get him in a head lock. I put just enough pressure on his neck so he fell into a deep sleep. *There you go, sleep peacefully for when you wake you will be in trouble with a mighty fine headache to accompany it.* I gently laid him on the ground and then fell to me knees clutching my head. *I better never have to do that again. My head was so not made to head butt someone.* I heard my name being called and raised my eyes up to see another man charging at me. I propped myself up on the balls of my feet before rolling to the side and springing to my feet. I scooped up one of my fallen knives and struck they man on the side of his head, instantly making him pass out.
♠ ♠ ♠
I have so much fun with Tris' quirky commentaries. I hope you fins them just as entertaining as I do. Cheers and please comment =)