Status: Complete, Only took four years XD

Tristis Nox

Of Course They are Gossiping

To say I woke up late would be an understatement. When my body finally decided it no longer needed sleep, the time was passed noon.* Woops, didn’t mean to sleep that long. My friends will think I’m a lazy bum…* I slipped out from under the sheets and quickly dressed. I ninja’d my way downstairs and found the dining hall empty, so I crept into the kitchen to see if I could pilfer some leftovers.
“Lady Tris, so kind of you to join us today.” Thorton teased when he saw me enter his domain.
“Aren’t I the kindest person in the world!” I smiled and twirled to an empty seat.
Thorton chuckled and placed a platter of delicious looking food in front of me. “Here you go, Tris, now eat up.”
“Thank you, you’re the best!” I cheered and started to shovel food into my mouth. After swallowing a mouth full and taking a gulp of water I started to slow my eating. “Thorton? Was Anita mad that I wasn’t at dinner or breakfast… or lunch?” I felt bad ditching her and not telling her where I was, I mean I am her guest after all.
“No, she was worried about you but when the guards reported that you had in fact returned last night, well early this morning,” He gave me a scolding look with teasing in his eyes, “She was relieved and less worried.”
“I didn’t mean to be out so late. I was looking around and then got caught up with watching Jonathan and Robby working until late. Then Robby and I ended up eating together and lost track of time.” I explained.
“That be what kids are calling it these days.”
“Thorton!” I laughed, but I abruptly stopped. “Wait, does anyone else know I was terribly late last night?”
“You mean are people gossiping about you?” I nodded. “Dear, of course they are gossiping about you. Nothing goes unseen around here, especially when dealing with the aristocrats.”
I groaned. “Is Robby part of this gossip?” Thorton gave a sympathetic nod. I dropped my head to the table, next to my plate of food. “I didn’t mean for that to happen, I was just hanging out with a friend…” I felt terrible; I prayed Robby wasn’t mad at me.
“Do not worry about it, you will be fine.”
“I’m more worried about Robby. I get to eventually leave here and never listen to the gossip again, but he lives here and it’ll follow him.”
“Don’t worry about him, Tris, he be a grown man and I doubt it will bother him after some time passes. He may be shy, but he be not weak.”
“Good. Well, I best be off to cause more havoc, I mean socialize with people.”
“Have a good day, Tris.”
“You too, Thorton.” I waved good-bye and walked out the back. I decided to burn some energy by hitting things and went straight to the practice arena. Besides a few pages learning to fight, I was the only one there. I nodded to the training captain before selecting a staff. I stretched to loosen my muscles and started a rigorous workout. I started with the basics without any partner and then worked my way to a sparing dummy. I felt bad for the poor straw stuffed burlap dummy, it took quite a beating from me and by midway through my sparing I had to swap him for a wooden dummy due to him bleeding straw.
“Are you joining us to eat, or must you destroy the innocent wooden dummy first?” I turned to find Anita smiling at me with her hip popped.
Breathing heavy, I propped myself against my staff. “I think I can give this guy a break.” I grinned at her and she shook her head with a laugh.
“Come then, dinner is about to be served.” She turned and waited for me. I quickly put back the staff and stretched as I walked with her.
“Mind if I quickly change? I smell pretty bad.” I sniffed myself and cringed, plus I felt absolutely gross.
“Yes, please.” She smiled. “See you soon.” We parted ways. I sprinted up to my room and quickly changed into a new shirt and pants. I finished up stretching and headed back downstairs to the dining room. I peered in to see the Cast and Haron families joining us for dinner. *This is going to be fun. Let the gossip begin.* I walked in and smiled at everyone. I sat down across from Izra Haron and next to Cynthia Cast and Nicolai Haron. Supper was called and everyone began talking. I was thankfully ignored for most of the meal, but all good times have to come to an end.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry I haven't updated lately, I've been wicked busy. Friday into Sat I participated in my school's 24hr project where in 24 hours we create and produce four plays (one per group). Then I had Chili Wars (my team won again!) and I had to study for a practical today, so yeah I've been busy. Well, enjoy and I hope to dish out more soon =) Cheers!