Status: Complete, Only took four years XD

Tristis Nox

My Mission Here is This

I laid on my bed completely surrounded my darkness. My blinds were shut and I lit no candles, all I wanted was the darkness. But I was not ready for sleep, so with a sigh I lit one candle, undressed for bed and walked over to the mirror. My tattoos were dangerously white. I picked up my candle once more and placed it near my bed and sat criss-cross on the soft comforter. I started thinking back to when I first arrived on this world. How I fell and got soaked only to find The Four Leaf Tavern and living there for some time before venturing off and being captured by thugs. So much has happened and yet it was only a spec in my memory to things I have seen and experience. However, at this point in time it felt like the most important thing in the universe. I chuckled to myself at the thought and then my mind wondered to how other Finis’s felt about their job. I knew I was different, but* are they really that disconnected from their feelings that they can erase a whole world and feel nothing? Not get a little lonely or curious about the world they are on that they don’t interact with the world’s inhabitants? Am I really alone in this sentiment?* I fell asleep praying to God to protect the people of this world and to give me strength in what I was going to do.
The next day I met privately with Able. I could not stop moving as I waited in his private study; I really did not want to have this talk. Anita walked in and for the first time I saw her glare. I flinched as she directed it at me. “Are you here to talk to my brother?”
I composed myself and replied, “Yes.”
“About giving up his kingdom?”
“Partly, I’m not going to lie to you Anita-”
“Like you have not all this time?” She accused.
*Am I to lose another friend because of my job?* “I have been honest with you ever since we met.”
“Oh and not mentioning that you are trying to convince my brother to give up his kingdom was not something to bring up?”
“You did not ask my purpose in you kingdom, plus it was none of your business.”
“This is my kingdom too!” So much anger, Anita. So much pain…
I straightened up and looked at her evenly. “This business is between the King and me. You are not Queen, therefore cannot make the decision that is best for this country. I only told you my plans because you are my friend; however it was never something you needed to know unless King Able wished to tell you. I am not here to play sides, I am here to tell of what will most likely occur and to stop unnecessary bloodshed. That is all. I am an ally to no one just, merely a person trying to stop war.”
“But you were my friend! Do you really want to make Rayna, Jonathan, Robert, and your other friends subject to a king that feels nothing for them?” I could see tears forming in her eyes, causing me pain.
I did not change my face to show the pain, “If it means they do not have to die, than I will do anything to protect them. You must realize Anita, I have friends on both sides. If you end up going to war with Carson’s kingdom then I will lose people on both sides. Therefore I will do my best to convince Able to surrender to Carson if the treaty is broken.” *You don’t understand the bigger picture. Your innocence is your blessing and curse.*
“Why must we? Why can you not convince Carson?” She was desperate to protect her people.
“Because he won’t listen to me about surrendering and his army is far more powerful than yours. He has no reason to surrender with an army his size.”
“You are lying; his army is no bigger than ours! You were never on our side to begin with. I curse the day we met Tristis Nox!” Anita stormed out, nearly crashing into her brother.
“Anita?” King Able called after her and shifted his head to me in confusion. “Why did Anita storm out like that? Is everything okay?” I kept my back to him until I could recollect my emotions.
“I don’t think so, but we can talk about that later.”
“Okay… What do you wish to talk about, Lady Tristis?” King able sat down in a chair opposite me.
I stayed standing and with a deep breath I turned to face him. “I wouldn’t trust the Peace Treaty with Carson.”
“Why not?” He kept a neutral, listening face.
“Carson may seem like a good guy who wants this treaty, but trust me he doesn’t. He manipulates people into security and when you least expect it, he’ll stab you in the back. He is a blood thirsty man, who will do anything to make sure that war happens.”
“Tristis, I know you dislike this man, but are you sure you are not being biased?”
“Sir, I lived with him, got to see his true personality. Please don’t trust him.”
“And if you are right and he does not keep his word, what would you suggest?”
I bit my lip, “All honesty?” He nodded, “Surrender to him, you won’t be able to beat him.”
“Tristis, what you are suggesting…”
“I know, but the war would only lead to thousands dying and all for naught.”
“Is this why Anita is angry with you?” I nodded. “With my intelligence, Carson is no better off than us.”
“Able…”
“Let me think on it Tristis.” He stood. “I have a meeting with Crowned Prince Carson, and I will heed your words, but for now let this rest. Until later, Lady Tristis.”
I bowed and quietly said, “King Able.” He left me alone, knowing I had to keep pushing him to take me seriously.
♠ ♠ ♠
So Humans Vs Zombies is tonight so I won't be updating at all this weekend. Wish be luck since it's like 40 out and I have to do missions in this weather.
Tris finally has her talk with Able, poor Tris.