You'll Never Outrun What Waits for You Tomorrow

Nothing's Gonna Stand In Your Way...

Urgh finally. The photo-shoot was done. I no longer had to put up with those fucking assholes. Quickly I gathered my camera, film, tripod, and lenses and put them in my bag. I walked out of the room, said a quick bye to Clare the secretary and went to my black jeep. The first thing I did once I got into it was light me a cigarette. I enhaled the nicotine and tried to calm down. While pulling out of the parking lot and driving down the road I realized no cigarette would calm me down from the horrible shoot I just endured.

So finishing my cigarette I drove to the closest bar. Now this may seem dramatic but the band I just shot were assholes. First the singer kept leering at me and calling me Babe, then the bassist complained that I wasn't doing a good enough job and that I needed to re-do all the pictures, then the drummer wouldn't listen to anything I told him so it took for-fucking-ever to get him in the pose he was supposed to be in, and thankfully the guitarist was just quiet. The photo-shoot was suppose to last and hour instead of two. So yeah I need a damn drink, a strong drink.

I walked in "Toonz" and sat at a booth. Sighing, I looked up and say a brown haired waitress coming towards me.

"Hey. You look like hell. How strong of a shot do you need?" She asked in a monotone voice.

"Two shots of Jager. Please." I answered while chuckling dryly.

She nodded and headed back to the bar. She came back with four shots and sat down in front of me.

She handed me my two shots and asked," So, what kind of man made you want to come into this bar tonight?"

I answered," To be honest, it wasn't one man , it was three--"

She cut me off saying,"Woo girl you get around a lot."

Looking at her I realized that did sound awful I laughed and said," It's not like that. I work at Revolver and the band I shot were argy-bargy wankers."

She smiled and said," Hmm I've read the magazine. Men can do that. Fuckers."

I smiled and said, "Indeed they can." I took my shot and handed her my hand saying," I'm Beckett, by the way."

She hesitated for a moment before she smiled and shook my hand. "Audrey." She said.

"It's ace to meet you Audrey. " I said smiling. I raised my second shot saying, "Salute!"

While she raised her saying "Salute."

We took our shots, and she said," It's been nice chatting, but I do have work to do." She stood up and said," Nice meeting you Beckett." Smiling I said, "Likewise."

I paid my tab and left with a smile on my face. Just what I needed a good chat and a drink. I'll probably never see Audrey again, but then again who knows. I went home, got ready for bed, and put on Doctor Who and fell asleep to the "Family of Blood".
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope you guys liked it! Wait for Chapter 2! It's Audrey's POV!
Comments would be appreciated, but are not demanded =b.