You'll Never Outrun What Waits for You Tomorrow

There is Still a Chance They Will See.

I woke up to my room still dark. Sighing I looked at my alarm clack to see it was only two in the morning. I huffed and laid down again. After a few minutes of laying there with my eyes closed, I realized I wasn't going to fall asleep. I sighed and got up. I went out and smoked a cigarette. As I smoked I looked out to the early morning sky and thought back to last night. James asked me if I did personal photography, and I told him I didn't do it as much anymore. Well seeing as I'm not going back to sleep, I should do some personal photography before work. I put my cigarette out and got ready for the day.

After taking my shower and getting dressed, I made me a cup of coffee and drank it quickly. Looking at the clock I realized it was three. I put my mug in the sink and grabbed my things, and left to the strip. I got there and I was inspired. I mean everyone thinks L.A. is amazing, which it is, but it's not always rainbows and butterflies. Yet there's something darkly romantic and beautiful about it. Parking my car I grabbed my camera, got out of the car, and locked it.

After about two hours I decided to head home and get ready for work. I walked back to my car and drove back home. Once I got home I got my memory card out of my camera and put it in a drawer in my desk. I grabbed another memory card and put it in my camera. Gathering my lenses and tripod, I was ready for work. As I was about to leave, I heard a knock on my door. Putting down my stuff I went to open it. I was greeted by a UPS delivery man. "Delivery for a Beckett Mason." He told me. Nodding I said,"That's me." He nodded and I signed for it. After signing for it he grabbed a large rectangular box. I grabbed it, nodded at the man, and closed my door.

I brought the box to my living room and sat it down. Opening it I pulled out a framed vintage poster of The Beatles. I smiled and set it down. Who sent me this amazing gift and how did they know I loved The Beatles? Looking in the box I found a letter. It was from my Dad and Mama Angel, my step mom. Opening the letter it told me that they saw this in the window of Studio 47, and thought of me. They also told me how they were and that they loved and missed me. I had to call them at lunch and tell them thanks and to talk to them. Smiling I put the poster back in the box and left for work.

I got to work, I said a quick hey to Clare before going into my office. I sat my stuff down and checked my emails. I saw that Mr.Richter emailed me telling me I had a shoot for a charity banquet Paul Stanley was hosting for AboutFace. The rest was from the Scorpions' management that they approved of the pictures Revolver was publishing. I turned away from the computer and looked at the paperwork that was on my desk. Sighing I got to it. I was half way through my tedious task of paperwork when it was time for lunch. Putting my pen down I grab my purse and leave.

I decided to go to El Coyote for lunch. As I walked to the the door I saw familiar dirty blonde hair in front of me. Smiling I said,"Hey los angeloser." Turning there head James looked at me with a shocked look before smiling. "My fellow Los angeloser! Small world." A small giggle emitting out of me, I asked," Yeah I know. So would you like to join me for lunch?" "Yeah that would be cool."James answered with a smile. We got seated and ordered our drinks. "So how's your day been so far?" I asked him . Smiling he replied, "It's been good, but I think it's going to be better."

I smile and say,"That's good." He nods and smiles and asks,"So how's your day been?" "Well it's been one of those days where it starts good and just gets better." I answered with a small smile. James smiled and said,"That's great." Smiling James asked,"So I know it's random but have you heard form Audrey? I mean I just want to know if she's ok, I feel bad for forcing her into the closet." "Sadly I haven't and I hope she's fine too, But for the short time I've known her she seems like the private kind of person. Maybe she just needs time to calm down before she talks to you, me, or Kari. Also you shouldn't feel bad, you didn't know that putting her into a closet would cause all that, also you didn't do it to be mean, you did it because you thought it would help." I told him with a small smile. "Yeah hopefully you're right, she just needs some time to calm, and thanks." He said giving me a small smile back.

Before we could continue our conversations our waiter came over and took our orders."So this is random but last night you said I was I triple threat too, what did you mean by that?" I asked James with a slight blush. Chuckling he answered," Well to be honest you're beautiful, an amazing person, and real, which is something very hard to find in this town." I blushed and said,"Thanks." James smile and nodded. "I hope your seats weren't too dirty from the food fight last night." I said with a slight laugh. Laughing too James said," They weren't actually that dirty, and as much fun as it was let's not have one today." "Aw shucks ruin my plans." I said teasingly. James laughed and teased back,"Ah sorry, maybe some other time." I smiled and then James said," I found a copy of the CD I was gonna let you borrow if you still want to borrow it." Smiling I asked,"Yeah I'd love to borrow it, when do you want to meet up for me to borrow it?" James was looking at the front of the restaurant while I was asking him. After a minute he slightly nodded and asked with a chuckle," Sorry what did you say? I got a little sidetracked with my own thoughts." Smiling I said," Oh, I asked when you'd like to meet up so I can borrow the CD." He smiled and said," Oh it's in my car, so if you want to, after we eat we can get it." I nodded and said," Sounds good." We continued to eat while joking and having small talk. We paid for our meals and walked to James' car.

We reached James' car and he smiled and said, "Hold on and I'll get the CD for you." I smiled and nodded. He opened his car door and dug put half his body in the car. After a few minutes he smiled and pulled his torso out of the car holding a square CD case. Smiling he handed it to me," I hope you like it." He told me with a smile. Smiling I said,"Thank you James, I'm sure I'll enjoy listening to it."Smiling James said," Your welcome, but it's no problem. I'm glad I ran into you today, it was great spending time with you." I smiled and said,"I'm glad too, it was great having lunch with you, we should do it again sometime." "Yeah we'll have to." James replied. Sighing I said," Well I have to get back to work, so I guess I'll talk to you later." I told him with a smile. He smiled back and said,"Yeah I'll talk to you later Beckett." I smiled and walked towards my car. Getting in I put James' CD and started to listen to it on the way back to work.

I spend the rest of my work day finishing the paperwork and filing them. Finally I finished my work and it was time to get out of here. I love my job, but I hate the paperwork. Grabbing my stuff, I said a quick bye to Clare, and left. I decided to stop at Starbucks before going home. Once I'm at Starbucks and have my coffee I sit at a table in the back. I put my stuff down and pull out my cellphone. I dial my step-mom's number. "Hey sweetie." Her light voice flows through my phone. Smiling I say,"Hey Mama Angel. Thank you and Dad so much for the poster. When I get home I'll put it up in the living room." Laughing she replies," Good, I'm glad you like it, and I'll pass the thanks along to your Dad. So how have you been, more social I hope?" "I've been great, and yes shockingly I have been more social." I tell her with a light laugh. "That's good. So met any boys yet?" She asks me. I laugh and even though she can't see it, shakes my head at her. Of course Mama Angel would ask that question, she always does. "Well I have, and no we aren't dating. We're friends." I tell her. "But you want to date him don't you? Is he cute?" She asks with a knowing tone. "He is very handsome, but we're friends." I tell her stressing friends. "Well alright, but you know your Dad and I would like to see you married one day." She says teasingly. I laugh and continue talking. She tells me about Bear, her Mini-Pomeranian, her book club and the book their reading,and how her and Dad's been. It was good to talk to and catch up with her.

When I got home I put my stuff up and got some nails and a hammer. I looked around my living room and found the perfect spot to hang my poster up. I nailed the nails in and got the poster out of the box, and hung it up. I put the hammer up and came back and smiled at my poster. I loved it, and it's in a great spot so everyone that comes into my apartment can see it. Yawning I went and got ready for bed. After I put my pajamas on and brushed my teeth I went to bed.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope you all enjoyed it!
Thanks again to HarleyNyx for being my Co-Author and for helping me with this chapter! I love ya <3!
So what did you all think?