You'll Never Outrun What Waits for You Tomorrow

Have You Given Into Madness?

Saturday morning came with a wake up call. Not looking at the name i slammed my hand down hard on the small buzzing object and ripped it to my ear.

"Somebody better be sucking dick on deaths porch." I growled to the person on the other end.

"Hunny, It's noon." My childhood friend Kari answered and I could hear the smile in her tone.

"What do you want Kari." I groaned trying my hardest to be patient with her.

"You said you'd go to over-priced bra shopping with me today. I've been waiting forever!" She groaned.

I sighed,"Ugh.. I fucking hate Victoria's secret, Its over priced and filled with bitches."

"You just look at the negative parts of the day don't you? Why don't you just hang out with your friend?" I could just imagine her scolding me.

Kari was my long time childhood friend, When she was just a teenager she moved over here to California with her brother Daren Jay Ashba, otherwise known as Dj. She and I met one night at one of her brothers shows when i decided to pelt a bottle at Dj's arm during a solo. He was completely unfazed and continued on but that didn't stop his sister from confronting me when the set was over. She shoved me I punched her and now we're best friends, Funny how that shit works isn't it? Kari and are now sisters in every way, I know everything about her and she knows more about me than anyone else in my life.

"Yeah.. Sure. I'll get ready right now, You want me to pick you up?" I asked her sitting up in bed.

"Yes pleeeeease," She chimed in a high pitched voice.

"Alright, I'll be there in an hour. Or so..." I said getting up.

She laughed,"Alright."

After hanging up I took a shower and got ready. Getting my keys i locked up my apartment and went to my car. The drive to Kari and Dj's made me a bit anxious, I hated Dj. It was nothing personal, at first, He was just a man and i have a distrust in the opposite sex. In my opinion he started the Dj and Audrey hate war with his snippy comments and drunken' pick up lines. Spacing out with my eyes on the road, my mood changed and i realized how robotic i must look to others. I was in such a indifferent state of mind i almost missed the exit to Kari's house. When i turned on the corner of her street i saw Dj standing there smoking a cigarette.

"Fuck." I groaned.

Pulling up to the curb I stared at him intensely through the passenger window. In retaliation he smiled a sickening smile and waved.

I rolled my eyes behind my sunglasses and dialed Kari's number looking straight ahead.

"Hello?"She answered.

"I'm here. Your brothers outside."

I could tell she could hear the hostility in my voice and she quickly said,"Be right out."

Just then Dj started knocking repeatedly on my passenger window.

'Apparently can't get out fast enough huh Kari?' I thought clenching my jaw and rolling the window down.

"Hey there Audrey," Dj sneered, "Not working the streets tonight?"

My jaw clenched and it was a pure mission when i spat out the next sentence, "No, Your father took all my clients."

He didn't say anything back so i assumed i pissed him off pretty good.

"Will that be all Daren?" I looked to him smiling sweetly.

He stared at me with such hate before walking off, passing Kari on the way.

Kari shook her head and got in the car, "I can feel the love between you two radiating the air."

I didn't respond as i pulled out and started our way to the mall.

--------------------

"Hot topic is starting to get real stupid." Kari laughed.

"Hm." I replied.

"Ugh, sometimes I don't even know why I shop with you. All you do sometimes is mope around." She sighed.

"Not my fault."I said blandly.

"Sure. Blame Dj."

"He started it, Not my fault he can't take the backlash." I shrugged.

After a few moments she did too,"Yeah i guess your right. But it's your fault for letting it ruin your WHOLE day."

She walked off and i took her words into consideration, I piss myself off when I'm like this so imagine what Kari must feel. Sometimes i wonder why she puts up with me.

I felt someone bump into my back and I spun around to see the girl from the bar.

"Hey! Sorry about bumping into you." She said.

Fuck. What was her name again?

"It's alright,"I said more stone-like than anticipated, "Beckett right?"

Please let that be her name...

She nodded, "Yeah it's Beckett."

I smiled as far as my face would let me and asked, "So, You having a better day?"

She smiled, "Yeah, no assholes so far." She laughed.
After a small silence she spoke again.

"Are you having a good day?"

"Yeah," I lied, "I'm actually spending it with my best friend Kari."

And right on cue Kari bounced over like the little fucking fairy she is.

"Hey Audrey," She looked to Beckett, "Who's this?"

"This is Beckett." I said.

Man aren't I just a fucking bundle of joy?

Kari was my life saver when she smiled sweetly and said, "Hey Beckett, I'm Kari."

They exchanged smiles and names before I realized Beckett wasn't with anyone. Alone at the mall? Maybe she was having the worse day?

"Hey Kari, If it's alright, Why doesn't Beckett join us on our 'girls day?'" I offered.

Beckett looked like she was debating something, "I couldn't impose like that but thank you."

"No no! You won't impose, You should join us!" Kari smiled.

I smiled mostly at Kari and when I noticed Beckett looking my way i agreed by nodding my head.

She smiled and accepted the offer.

When we finished at hot topic everyone decided to go to a new store, I started to lag a bit behind as i dazed in and out of their conversation. I looked over and saw a little kid licking the window of some store and laughed a bit to myself. Suddenly my mood changed and my ears perked up when I heard my name.

"..I actually met Audrey after work because the band I shot were wankers." Beckett explained to Kari as i rejoined them giving a smile.

"Yeah, When I saw her face I knew a man made her look like that, But it was Three!"I told Kari.

"Ha-ha If there is anyone out there in the world that is the best person to talk to about hating men, It's defiantly Audrey. She's practically a lesbian." Kari told Beckett.

We all laughed, "Right, Too bad, I love that part men own too much." I winked.

"Food time yes?" Kari asked everyone as we all went to the food court.

Sitting down, we all must have been pretty hungry cause a strong silence washed over us. I realized I didn't know much about Beckett so I decided to ask.

"I don't like silence. Whats your story Beckett?"

She held up a finger and swallowed the mouth full of food,"Well I'm Beckett Mason. I'm twenty-nine years old. I'm a photographer at Revolver. I'm an only child, my parents are divorced. I love music and can play the bass and flute. I'm from Tennessee and moved out here for college almost eleven years ago. I have no pets. I love Doctor Who, TorchWood and Harry Potter. I'm afraid of spiders and snakes." She paused probably due to running out of breath, "If you want to know anything more, just ask."

"Well," I started, "Since you gave us the readers digest version of your story Kari and i will give you the Readers Digest of ours."

She nodded.

I nudged Kari who was looking at me, "Kari?"

She wiped her hands with a napkin and spoke, "Whelp, I'm Kari, From Illinois I have 2 sisters and 4 brothers one of whom I'm living with. I'm 25, single, and yeah. I like music and dogs anddddddd I've lived here for a couple of years. And.. that's really all i can think of.."

I'm not the type of person to ever go deep into my history so i decided on just settling with, "I've lived in California my whole life, Work at 'Toonz', I drink, I smoke, And I paint."

Kari looked at me as if to say 'You can do better than that.'

Sweet and simple, What am I honestly supposed to say? Hey I'm Audrey I have a personality disorder, an eating disorder and many ridiculous fears? Hell I don't really need to scare the girl away!

"Well it's really awesome meeting you two." Beckett smiled.

"Yes! We should do this again soon" Kari smiled.

"Yeah." I agreed.

"Agreed." Beckett smiled.

Kari's phone started ringing and Beckett and I continued eating while she took it.

"Hello?.......What---.....Alright.... In a bit... Bye."

Judging by her tone, She was talking to Dj and he wanted her home.

"Let me guess, Asshole needs you back for something?" I sneered.

She sighed, "Yeah..."

I shook my head half wondering if he was doing it on purpose or if he really needed Kari.

I turned to Beckett, "Sorry Hun, We have to go."

She smiled politely, "No i understand, I should be heading home too."

"Lets exchange numbers!" Kari cut in, "So we can hang out again."

We did so and said our goodbyes as Kari and I went to the car.

"Whats he need you home for?" I asked as we put our seat belts on.

"Girl troubles." She said sadly.

"He on his period? We need to stop and get manpons?"I snorted.

"He and Tiffany just broke up. For good this time."She stated.

"Jeez..." I felt a bit of sadness for the guy, Breakups of long-term relationships are never easy.
I sighed, "Lets make a stop first."

I pulled into the parking lot and went into the Liquor store to get the biggest bottle of Jager I could find. Getting back into the car I handed Kari the bottle.

"Say its from you, I know your house is dry county right now."

"Have you been looking through our liquor cabinets again?" She laughed.

"You know me." I smiled.

There was a short pause,"Well thank you Audrey, From dj."

"You better say it's from you." I scolded pulling in front of her house.

"I will, I will" she smiled getting out, "I'll text you when all is calm."

"Alright, Later!" I called and she waved with bottle and bags.

----------

"Man i need a cat or some shit my home is lonely." I said to myself flicking through channels an hour later.

"And now I'm talking to myself, fucking great Audrey."

My phone buzzed informing me I had a text, I figured it was Kari so i read it.

"Thank you for the Jager, It helps a bit. -DJ"

I groaned, "Kari, Your going to die."

She lied and told dj i got him the Jager i sighed as i hit reply and sent,

"No problem. -A"

A few minutes later he replied,

"Wanna come ovr? -DJ"

He was drunk.

"No. Go to bed. -A"

It took him about 15 minutes to reply this time.

"Sorry I didn't mean like that.. Goodnight. Thanks again. -DJ"

I didn't respond after that, I was too busy plotting how i was gonna be able to murder Kari without killing her. Getting up I got ready for bed and went to sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Its long I know hahahaha