You'll Never Outrun What Waits for You Tomorrow

And we race through this life just to see who can die with as much as we can gather

I woke up Monday and got ready for work. I decided to wear a plain blue t-shirt, jeans, and my trust black converse. I did my make up light just foundation and eye liner. I looked at the time and realized I had to leave now to not be late. So I grabbed my camera, purse, and keys and headed off to work.

After I made my thirty minute commute I was finally at work. I grabbed my things and headed towards my little office that was barely bigger than a cubicle. I smiled at Clare as I walked towards my office. Smiling Clare stopped me and said,"Mr.Ricjter wants to see you in his office, Beckett." Quietly sighing I told her,"Thanks Clare."
I put my stuff in my office and headed towards Mr.Richter's office.

I love my job and Mr.Richter is an amazing boss, but it's usually never a good thing if he wants to see you at the start of the day. I mean sometimes it is, but that happens maybe once a year. I mean last time he wanted me in his office this early was to tell me that he no
longer wanted me to go do the photos of the Golden God Awards, that he was giving the job to Alex, this new photographer that just got hired here a month ago.

I mean I was happy for Alex, but I was disappointed. I mean I have been working here for eight years and I finally was going to have the honor of it and he give is to a rookie. I reached Mr.Richter's office and I knocked on the door."Come in." The baritone voice of Mr.Richter said. Entering his office I asked,"You wanted to see me sir?" Looking up from the papers on his desk he answered,"Beckett! Yes I did. It's about your next assignment. Take a seat." I took a seat and asked Mr.Richter, "What's my next assignment?"

He looked at me with a small smile and said," First I want to tell you that the photos from your last shoot were amazing as always." Smiling I told him, "Thank you sir, I'm glad that you like them." Continuing what he was telling me bore he said," You're welcome. Now for your next assignment. The Scorpions are making a new album, and since the article is about them back in the studio, I want you to take pictures of them working in the studio." I smiled and asked,"When and where do I do the shoot?"

Smiling Mr.Richter said, "I can tell I made the right choice assigning you Beckett. The shoot is Wednesday at ten in the morning. I'll give the address to Clare so you can get it when you leave for the day." I nodded and Mr. Richter and I said our goodbyes. I walked out of his office with a smile. I went back to my office and started to try to decide what lenses I would use for the shoot. I spent most of my morning doing that and discussing Alex's photos with him and giving him constructive criticism.

Around noon I decided to take my lunch break. I told Clare and left. I decided I was going to get a sandwich and tea from Panera Bread and eat at the park. After a short drive I had my food and went to the park. When I got to the park and there wasn't many people I got out of my Jeep and went to the closest table. I was half way done with my meal when I got a phone call.

Looking at the caller ID, I saw that it was my Dad. "Hey Dad, how are you?" I answered my phone with a smile. My Dad answered,"Hey Becks, I've been good honey, " Smiling I told him,"That's great Dad." "How have you been honey? Anything new?" He asked me. "I've been good, mainly working, I hung out with some friends this past weekend. Oh I get to shoot the Scorpions." I told him with a smile. "That's great honey! -laughs- I think that's the only band you'll shoot that I know. Well Becks I was actually calling because I wanted to ask you something." he told me.

"What did you want to ask me Dad?" I asked. "Well, as you know Angel's birthday is two months from now, and I'm throwing her a surprise party. I wanted to know if you are going to be able to come home for it?" He asked me in a hopeful voice. Sighing I told him," Dad, I would love to come. I mean I do miss you all, but I just don't know if I can. I don't know if I'll have a shoot or not, or if I could get the days off work or not." I heard my Dad sigh and say,"Ok, I understand. I mean work is work." I sighed, I could here the disappointment in his voice, and it stung a bit. "I'm sorry Dad, I'll try my best to come." I told him. "Ok, honey.Well I have to get off here. I love you." He told me. Sadly smiling I said," I love you too Dad." We said our byes and got off the phone.

I finished my lunch and headed back to work. For the rest of the day, work was pretty boring. When five o'clock came I grabbed my stuff, got the address from Clare, and left for home. Walking into my silent apartment I sighed. I really need a pet or something. Because coming home to silence just makes me feel lonely. I mean yeah I made new friends and they're great, but it doesn't fully fill that feeling of loneliness.

I changed into a pair of Hello Kitty pajama bottoms and an old Green Day shirt. I didn't feel like cooking so I just ordered pizza. I sat on the couch and turned to the Telly on and surfed the channels till I settled on re-runs of NCIS. I was almost halfway through the episode when there was a knock at my door. I grabbed my money and opened the door. I paid for my pizza, gave the young boy a tip, and then took my pizza to the couch. I ate my meal and watched the telly. Once I was finished I put the left overs in the fridge. I turned off the telly and went to bed.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you all for reading!
I want to thank HarleyNyxx for writing with me! I love you too <3.
Honestly I love writing this story with her because it's just amazingly great fun!
Also if you haven't already, you should check out HarleyNyxx's story Jaydee and Coke!