Status: Finished

I'll Be There

That magical moment

He finally convinced me to trust Nikki and we started talking. I don’t even know what we were talking about, I just kept staring into his eyes. Nikki finally stopped bothering us and went out to sit in the sun. Dj seemed to notice that I wasn’t paying any attention. Suddenly he ducked under the water. He came back up smiling at me, his hair dripping. I did the same, feeling the water soak the heat off of my pale face. It felt so good. I opened my eyes under the water, bubbles rising from my nose. I saw Dj in front of me, he smiled, all of the air leaving his mouth. He quickly went back up and was back under with me, smiling like a dork. I tried to hold back a laugh. Then he did something completely unexpected. Right there, underwater, he kissed me.
Dj surfaced and took a long breath, his lips tingling with a smile. Raven came up beside him, looking bewildered and air deprived. She was going to speak, he was sure a jumble of questions that wouldn’t sound right, but he shook his head. “Later” he whispered, confirming when he would answer her questions. The truth was, he didn’t know why he did it. He just wanted to. Nikki opened one eye and glared down at them. “What are you guys doing?” he asked suspiciously. “Nothing.” They said together, which made them look even guiltier. Raven made a face and got out, grabbing a towel and sitting in the shade. Dj decided not to inflate the situation so he stayed put, enjoying the sun on his skin and the water on his back.
My mind was naturally racing. So many thoughts poured in at once that I couldn’t think straight, so I sat in the shade and stared at the clouds instead. They looked so nice, so normal. I noticed Nikki looking over at me. “What?” I asked, a bit too sharp. “Nothing.” He said. “That’s bull tell me.” He was quiet for a minute. Then, “the sky looks beautiful doesn’t it? Life is so beautiful.” He picked up a book that was on a table beside him and resumed ignoring me. I sighed and glanced up once more. Yeah, life is pretty beautiful…if only he knew…
♠ ♠ ♠
Yay finally!! It only gets better from here I promise :)