Status: Finished

I'll Be There

***ing Kids

After Raven had calmed down they went back out, finding Nikki sprawled on the couch with his book. Raven glanced at the cover and suddenly burst: “5 years dead!” Dj looked at her expectantly, as did Nikki. “You know it?” the bassist asked, sitting up and suddenly interested. “Uptown downtown” she recited, “Haven’t seen your face around, paper said you shot a man, trigger happy punk down in China Town. You wrote that song because of that book.” He nodded. “I assume you read The Heroin Diaries.” “Lived it.” She whispered, but the boys didn’t hear. They both gave her curious looks, Dj more of a worried one, wondering what she said, but she acted as though it was nothing. Nikki looked at Dj. “You didn’t tell me she liked Motley Crue too dude.” “Oh hop off Nikki why don’t you ask her yourself.” He joked. Raven plopped down on one of the chairs. “I love Motley Crue, in case you were wondering. I love Mick’s style, but damn that Floyd Rose of his.” And so Nikki and Raven launched into a conversation about Motley and Nikki’s adventures in the past, Dj jumping in occasionally to comment on an instrument or an incident that he happened to see. He found himself left out though, and a bit jealous. Now he knew what he saw in her eyes when she looked at Nikki however. It wasn’t lust at all, it was admiration. Dj also knew what he would find in his own eyes, want. The more he watched her, since she was busy conversing with Nikki and didn’t notice him, the more he found himself wanting her. He knew as well that all he had to do was ask and she would be his. But of all the problems that would cause for him…among them Axl and touring. His only comfort was that the rest of the tour didn’t start until May, and he could at least be with her until then. But did he dare get too attached?
“What do you think Dj?” I asked. He looked up at me with a blank face. “Huh?” he said dumbly. I frowned. “I said, what do you think of touring with Sixx: A.M. after your tour with Guns? It would be so great!” I said enthusiastically. He frowned at me. “You wanna know what I think?” He said with mock anger. “I think it’s time for us to go, or else you’re going to miss my sound check!” He yelled, scooping me up in his arms before I had a chance to run. I giggled and held onto him like he might let me drop. “Dj stop!” I laughed. He laughed with me. Nikki groaned “Just kiss her already and get the hell out of my house you creeps.” Dj winked at him and spun around dramatically. “I’ll catch your show later Sixx, I got me some music to play.” And with that he carried me out the door. “Fucking kids.” Nikki mumbled, picking up his book.
♠ ♠ ♠
I love Nikki <3