Status: Finished

I'll Be There

Well,good morning to you too ;)

I woke up around 9, feeling like total crap. I sat up and looked around, blinking wildly as the Monster hangover took effect. I had been curled up on the corner of the large couch, and my neck had a horrible cramp. I looked down beside me and saw Dj sprawled out on his back, his legs off the couch so that I had room. I wanted desperately to go lay on the bed, to stretch this horrible kink out of my neck, but I wanted to be with him even more. “Dj” I whispered, touching his arm. He was fast asleep. I carefully nudged myself in beside him and laid my head on his chest. He exhaled deeply but didn’t wake up. I was out again in seconds.
Dj woke up around one in the afternoon. The first thing he noticed was the obvious weight on him, and he opened his eyes to see Raven fast asleep on him. He smiled and kissed her head, stroking her hair and forcing himself to wake up. Once he had rubbed the sleep from his eyes and yawned several times he sat up slightly, holding her close to him. He didn’t want to wake her up. He wanted to stay with her like this, so that he could be with her without confusing her or wondering why he was acting this way. He sighed and kissed her head one more time, wondering what life would be like if he had her without restriction, without criticism from band mates or worry about separation. Hell, she wasn’t even old enough to drink, not that that would stop her he was sure. He held her close to him and whispered in her ear, “Raven…Raven, wake up.” She moaned and blinked, obviously still exhausted. “Wake up beautiful.” He whispered, a bit louder this time. She blinked and gazed up at him, her eyes watery as she yawned. He kissed her softly, and when he looked at her, her eyes were suddenly wide open. “Good morning to you too.” She joked.
I sat up and stretched, feeling refreshed from my all-nighter. I watched as Dj got up and grabbed a smoke, heading to the small balcony that overlooked the city. Today was the last show. This might be my last day with him. I don’t know what I would do if he ditched me. Pretend it never happened? Go cry to Nikki hoping he was serious about seeing him? I went to grab a shower to clear my head. When I came out I heard voices arguing in his room. I wrapped my towel around myself and started brushing the knots out of my hair, staying close to the door so I could listen. I thought I heard Axl’s voice. “What then?” A voice had just finished yelling. It was quiet for a minute, and then I couldn’t hear the muted conversation. Suddenly I distinguished Dj’s voice, “Maybe I want to okay?!” “You can’t be serious!” came the reply, Axl. I struggled on a particularly ugly knot, and when I finally pulled the brush through it slipped from my hand. The voices stopped suddenly, and I cursed my clumsiness silently. I heard the door shut a minute later. I rubbed my hair, unsticking it from itself and making it stand slightly. Then I tightened the towel around myself and stepped out.