Status: Finished

I'll Be There

Sixx Sense with..?

I stumbled along the sidewalk, not sure where I was going but happy to be moving. I kicked every pebble in my way and glared at the concrete. It’s times like this when I would usually be skipping school with a wad of cash in my pocket. But not today. Today I was running away from every dream I ever wanted. A car pulled up beside me, but I ignored it. It followed me at my drudgingly slow pace however, so I glared up at it, intending to cuss out the driver for stalking me. “Would you like a ride?” Nikki asked, smiling at me from his convertible. “Fuck off Nikki” I spat, too pissed to care if he was the guy who saved my life. He glared at me. “Look, I didn’t have to chase after your happy ass after I stopped your boyfriend from killing himself, get in the damn car.” I stopped walking and glared at him, wishing I could shoot lasers from my eyes, but when no super-vision appeared I decided to suck it up and get in the car. He drove off, and I didn’t bother asking where we were going. Anywhere but here. I took a breath and looked out the open window. Houses and hotels and run-down buildings flashed by. Nikki seemed to calm down as well. “You like Sex Pistols?” He asked, grabbing a CD from his visor. I nodded. After a while I finally asked where we were going. “To my studio” he replied, “I’m late for my show and Kerri is going to kill me.” I smiled. “Sixx Sense with Nikki Sixx and Kerri Kasem!” I recited in a peppy voice. He smiled over at me, though obviously annoyed by my enthusiasm. “I’m not babysitting you though, got it?” He scolded. I stuck my tongue out at him defiantly. He pretended not to notice and continued, “You can stay for a little while, then I’m taking you back to your house. Whatever happens with Dj tonight isn’t my problem, you gotta work it out yourself.” I sighed and nodded, knowing I couldn’t expect any help from him. I’m lucky he even found me.
We pulled into the building’s parking area, which is where the Sixx Sense studio was. I followed him in and saw Kerri already there, who was about to yell at him until she saw me. We did introductions, and I sat in the back while I watched them do the show. She was really nice to me though, and when Nikki stepped out for a few minutes she would show me how the equipment worked. I soon had enough memorized to do the show myself without any major mishaps. I made sure to try and memorize all the information I could for future reference. I kept in mind that I still didn’t have a career, not even close. This might be valuable to me one day. Once a few hours had passed Nikki decided to take me home. “You have your phone with you?” He asked. I nodded, “always.” “Put these numbers in.” He said, waiting for me to take out my phone before reciting the first one. “That’s Dj. I’m sure he’ll call you but that’s just in case.” Then he gave me another one. “That’s mine, in case something happens. You may not be my responsibility, and this is definitely not my love war, but I’m here if somebody decides they want to jump off a bridge.” I hated his sarcasm, but having the same personality myself I understood that he was really trying to be helpful. He really didn’t have any business between me and Dj but he was here anyway. For that I was grateful. I told him where I lived and then asked, “Nikki…what did you mean stopped him from killing himself?” I must have sounded worried because “I didn’t mean literally” was the first thing he said. “I just meant that he was really upset. He hates himself for doing this to you, he really cares about you you know. When I left he was crying nicotine because he was smoking too.” I stared at him. “He was crying?” I asked. Nikki pulled up to my apartment and looked at me. “Dj never cries.” I was speechless, I wanted to say so many things but I wasn’t sure what those things were. Nikki looked at me curiously, like he was trying to see someone’s face under a mask. I glared at him. “What?!” I asked, teary eyed from guilt. He shrugged. “It’s nothing. Remember, no cliff jumping.” “Yeah..” I said, getting out. “And Nikki?” “Yeah?” “Thanks…I wish my parents were like you. I’m grateful to you for more than you know.” Before he could ask questions I walked away. I shut the door before I heard his car drive off.
♠ ♠ ♠
Have you read this far already?? Wow,thanks for reading!! Much love!! Another EXCELLENT story is by my good friend Danny, check it out! http://stories.mibba.com/read/424314/Jaydee-and-Coke-SixxAM-Story/