Status: Finished

I'll Be There

Secrets told

It turns out my friend wasn’t even here. I texted her to find out what was up and she said she was on a date. I said I was happy for her and I might see her later if I don’t stay with Dj. She seemed fine with that and I let her go. A few minutes afterwards I got a text from Nikki. ‘What did you mean?’ he said. I sighed and twirled my phone around, not wanting to answer that. ‘Long story.’ I replied. ‘I’ve got time.’ “Ughhhh” I moaned and buried my face in my pillow. I must have moped for a while because he texted me again. ‘Trust me.’ That’s what Dj had told me, and when I didn’t trust him my world collapsed around me. Nikki saved my life, I could trust him couldn’t I? ‘A few years ago I was into drugs and I stole The Heroin Diaries CD’ I replied. It took him a few minutes to reply to that. ‘And?’ ‘And…after hearing those songs I bought the book and it saved me.’ ‘Congrats’ he replied. ‘It’s not easy, especially young.’ I laughed to myself. No kidding. I seemed even more strung out just because I wasn’t, the urges were hitting me and it was horrible. Just those memories will keep me clean for a long time. Before I could reply he messaged again. ‘And your parents?’ I found it necessary to answer with only one word, ‘Jerks.’ His answer was instant ‘LOL’ I sent him a smiley face. ‘Dj call?’ he asked. ‘No ’ ‘call him’ ‘you sure?’ ‘yes.’ I laid down for a minute, wondering what I would say to him. Would “I’m sorry” even cut it? Would he still be confused about me and scared of Axl? I decided to just suck it up and call him.
Dj’s phone rang, making him jump because the sudden noise was so unexpected. He was laying on his bed, staring at the ceiling and wondering how to make things right. It was Raven’s number. How did she have his number? He dried the tears from his face with the shirt he had taken off and answered the phone. “Raven?” he asked. “Hey Dj.” She answered. He sighed. “Listen I” she cut him off. “Shh. It’s okay, I forgive you, and I’m also sorry.” “Raven I want you too.” He blurted. She was quiet, probably noticing his reference to her last words before leaving. “I realize now after you left how much it hurt me and I have become attached to you but you’re not just a kid Raven you’re special and you’re special to me” his words came out jumbled, and he had to pause for a breath. She giggled. “What’s funny?” he asked, a little hurt. “Daren Jay do you want me or not?” She asked simply. He admired her boldness. “Yes.” He answered. “I want you, I never want to watch you walk out of my life again Raven, after tonight’s show will you come to Vegas with me?” He could hear the smile in her voice, “I’ll start packing,” she said. He sat straight up. “I’ll pick you up at 7!” He said, practically yelling from joy. “Seven” she confirmed, “I’ll be waiting.”
♠ ♠ ♠
this one was a bit short, it will be worth it though :)