Status: Finished

I'll Be There

Kari and James

I peeked out from beneath the blanket, heavy evening light flooded into the room. The room itself was cool, and I noticed a soft breeze brush the curtains. I sat up and looked around, holding the blanket above my bare chest. It appeared around five in the afternoon. “I can’t believe I slept that long…” I muttered to myself, glancing around. Dj definitely wasn’t here. However on the pillow next to me was one of his flannel shirts and a black tank top from my bag, although now it was clean and not wrinkled. I found the rest of my discarded clothes clean and folded beside the bed as well. I was wondering how in the hell that happened (and feeling embarrassed wondering if he went through my bag or touched my stuff) when a head popped in the doorway and smiled at me. “Who are you?” I asked, giving a look both critical and curious at the girl standing there. She moved into view, and I noticed she wasn’t a girl at all. Now I really wondered who she was. She pushed her short black hair away from her face and smiled at me. “I’m Kari, Dj’s sister. Nice to meet you Raven.” She said happily. I had a flashback to the restaurant a few days ago. “Oh!” I said, “Are you the one he was texting a few days ago?” She nodded. “I washed your things for you, it’s been a while since I’ve had another girl around.” I suddenly gripped the blanket closer to me, wishing it were a shirt that would wrap around my body. Then I wondered something else; just how many other girls had he had around? She came over to me, acting like we were best friends already. “Don’t worry, he’s not using you. In fact you’re the first one in a long time. He’s downstairs by the way, James was going to stop by for a few minutes on his way through town. Dj’s bathroom is right over there with a shower in it so you can freshen up, I’ll lend you some of my things if you want.” I stared at her dumbly. “Um…alright. Thanks.” She smiled at me. “No problem! I haven’t seen my brother this cheery since he joined Guns. Anyway, I’ll get some things for you. Nice talking to you Raven, and welcome home.” She tossed me another peppy smile and left, going down the hall to what I assumed was her room. I shook my head. I’m sure she was just happy to have another girl around, but if she was like that all the time it would definitely take some getting used to. Then I glanced up and noticed the door to the bathroom she was talking about. I wrapped the blanket around me and glided over, finding it large and clean. I turned the shower on and located a towel off of a rack. Then I discarded the blanket and got in, enjoying the fresh hot water on my skin. I heard Kari knock on the door before setting some things down for me. When she left I grabbed them, finding expensive hair products and a lavish body wash that left your skin tingly and soft. I could get used to this place.
“You crazy man?” James asked, looking at his guitarist. The blonde was a bit strange at times, and this was one of those times. The singer high fived Dj “props on the score by the way, but 19?” “I told you she doesn’t look or act 19 and she’s definitely not a kid, chill James.” Dj said, getting irritated. He knew James wasn’t upset with him; he just couldn’t grasp her age quite right. “You’ll see, just wait until she wakes up, she’s the most amazing thing-“ just then his sister came out, Raven tagging behind her. Dj stared at them. James, whose back was turned to the girls, saw Dj’s expression change and spun around to see what was the matter. Suddenly his face changed as well. Dj knew he now understood why. Raven had on the tank top and flannel he had picked out, and his sister had found her some skinny jeans and cute black boots to go over them. Her hair was done to near perfection, spiked but not messy and still girly. He knew his sister had gotten to her. Raven scratched her arm nervously as she smiled at Dj and glanced at James. Dj stood up and went over to her. “You look beautiful” he said, kissing her lightly. She shivered from his touch. Then he glanced behind him. “Raven, this is-“ “James Michael.” She said, smiling at Dj before going over to James. The singer smiled at her and held his hand out. “So you’re Raven” he said, beaming at her. She led him into a complicated hand slap then hugged him, catching him by surprise, but he hugged back eagerly. “So anyway, what’s the big deal tonight Dj? Your sister better have me all dolled up for a reason.” Dj glanced over at Kari. “You didn’t tell her?” he asked his sister. She shook her head. “Well, I was going to take you out tonight and show you around Vegas.” Raven made a face. “Isn’t Vegas all betting and strippers?” He laughed. “Yeah pretty much, but you’ll get a nice tour anyway.”
I smiled at him. Well, strippers definitely wasn’t my thing but no matter where we went I would get authentic Vegas. I looked at James. “You coming?” I asked. I saw Dj make a face. James seemed to notice as he answered me. “Not this time Ray, I got plenty of work to do. Next time though I promise.” He gave me a cocky smile as he pushed his blonde hair back. I couldn’t help but smile back at him, I hated blondes but James was definitely something worth investing in. Then I noticed Dj staring and turned my attention elsewhere. “What about you Kari?” I asked. She also gave me a sympathetic look and my hopes dropped before she shook her head. “Tonight I’m gonna let you and my bro hang, I’ll go next time too. We can have a big party all to ourselves, maybe even get Nikki out here.” I smiled, suddenly staring at Dj. “Nikki! Daren Jay where is my damn phone?” He smirked and pulled it from his pocket. “Don’t worry, I charged it.” I sighed dramatically in relief and snatched it from him, searching for my conversation with Nikki. Dj had obviously gotten into my phone and deleted his messages to the bassist. I glared up at him and he winked back, pretending to play innocent. Seeing that the battery was full as promised I stuck it in my pocket, deciding not to bother with Nikki just yet. “Well, I’m headin out, nice meeting you Ray.” James said, his hair reflecting the grin he liked to flash at me. I didn’t understand why he wouldn’t say my whole name, but it didn’t bother me. “Bye James, see you soon” I answered, waving to him as he left. Kari looked at her brother. “You should leave too before I tackle that mess of yours that you like to call hair.” He grabbed his bandana dramatically. “God no, let’s go Raven!” he said, grabbing my hand and tugging me along with him. I turned my head as we ran out. “Bye Kari!” I shouted. “Bye!” she said cheerfully, waving and smirking as her brother dragged me away.
♠ ♠ ♠
hope you enjoyed meeting the new room-mate and the silly singer! not to worry, Sixx:A.M. will be together eventually ;)