Status: Finished

I'll Be There

Tommy Lee and..wait,what?!

A little more than a week later…
Dj awoke beside Raven, her hair in his face as usual, the sweet smell of whatever his sister had given her filled his senses. He had convinced her to sleep with him nearly every night so far, but he never pushed her if she wanted to be alone. He knew all too well how awkward it was to be suddenly in a relationship after so long alone. Besides that, they hadn’t even been together long and he didn’t want to do something that would scare her away. Most importantly, he didn’t want to scare her towards someone else…like James. He would be more worried about Nikki, but Raven was as old as his kids so he really doubted he would ever allow it. He sat up and stretched his arms out, looking for the sunlight in his window. When he found none he frowned and got up to open the curtains. Instead of bright sunlight he found grey clouds and a slight breeze. He welcomed the change in weather however, it had been sunny for far too long. Then he looked at his clock. It was already 11am, the sunlight in his face usually woke him up earlier than this. Dj took a quick shower and put on jeans and a grey hoodie, scrubbing the excess spray from his hair fiercely with the towel before just leaving it on his head like a kid. He found Raven still asleep and decided to hunt down Kari. He knew exactly where his sister was when he opened his door to the smell of eggs downstairs.
Kari poured a glass of orange juice and turned around to see her brother standing there with a towel draped over his head and a funny look on his face. She couldn’t help but laugh. “Mornin sis!” he greeted her cheerfully, grabbing some sausages off of the plate they were on. He sat on a stool and twirled around, his blue eyes glowing happily despite the lack of defining guy-liner this morning. Kari sighed and took a sip of her juice. “Glad I made enough for you, you’re such a pig bro” she joked. He frowned pathetically. “I’m not THAT fat sis!” he whined. They both giggled and she threw a sausage at him. He barely ducked it and glared at her. “I’ll get you for that.” He said ominously, yet playfully. She stuck her tongue out at her brother. “You and what army towel boy?” she taunted. He grabbed the towel from his head, leaving his hair in an unkempt mess, and twirled it until it was a tight rope. Her eyes got wide. “You wouldn’t” he had that devious smile on his face though, and he jumped from the stool, chasing after her. She grabbed a handful of sausage and ran around in circles, chucking links at him as he attempted to swipe her with the now deadly towel weapon. All of a sudden fierce laughter erupted from somewhere near the kitchen, and the siblings stopped, frightened for a moment, only to see Raven standing there laughing so hard she couldn’t breathe. Dj giggled and beamed at his girlfriend. “Mornin baby” he greeted, waving his towel in the air. Kari smiled guiltily and waved a sausage at her. “Mornin sis.” She added. Raven smiled at them, her green eyes alight. “Is there any food left that’s edible? I’m starving!”
“Shit! The eggs!” Kari yelped, dashing back to the stove. Dj laughed once more. “I think sis threw all the sausage at me” he said, hugging Raven before going to get some juice for the both of them. She appeared more friendly than normal this morning, maybe she was finally getting used to them. He hoped so anyway. He handed her her cup and looked over at Kari. “Oh! Almost forgot, Tommy was gonna swing by for the day, hope you don’t mind.” His sister made a face. “You’re kidding right?” “Tommy who?!” Raven blurted. The siblings stared at her, forgetting she wasn’t used to their lifestyle yet. “Tommy Lee.” Dj said nonchalantly. “Tommy fucking Lee?!” she squeaked. “Yepp, that’s him.” Dj affirmed. “And don’t be fooled by Kari, she’s totally got a crush on him.” “I DO NOT!” his sister yelled, a little too loudly, before spinning back to the eggs. Dj and Raven both giggled.
Kari brought me over some eggs, glaring at her brother, but I hardly noticed as my stomach was screaming to eat everything in sight at that very moment. I heard the faint sounds of Dj and Kari bickering about Tommy until the doorbell rang. My head shot up, completely freaked out until I realized it was a doorbell, since I’d never had one. “Fuck he’s here early!” Dj boasted, shoving his eggs down and tossing the plate into the sink. Kari grabbed my arm just as I finished my last bite. “Woah, where are we going?” I yelled. “We are SO not being around Tommy looking like this.” She squeaked, dragging me up the stairs. I stared back longingly at my orange juice sitting on the counter before trying to keep up with Kari. She hauled me into Dj’s room and slammed the door, locking it behind her, which I found a little drastic. I made a sarcastic face and put my hands on my hips. “And what exactly are we going to do in here?” I asked. She looked at me like I was stupid. “Well, you always wear his clothes anyway, and I have a secret stash of my own.” She preached, going over to his dresser and pulling out the bottom drawer, which was filled with her clothes. I raised an eyebrow at her. “What the hell?” I asked, strange theories already forming in my head. She pulled out a shirt and looked at me. “I used to have girlfriends over when Dj was on tour, so I would sleep in his room for the night and kept an extra stock of clothes in here so I wouldn’t bother sleeping friends in my room.” My gaze returned to normal. “Ah.” I said, grabbing my phone. Nikki had texted me ‘Good Morning’ a few hours ago, so I replied with “Ditto, Tommy’s here, gotta go” My phone beeped as I grabbed my tank top from the floor. “T-Bone! Tell him I say hi, have fun” “Sure thing” I answered, putting my phone in the pocket of the stage pants I now had on. They were the all black expensive ones, and I liked them a lot. They were both comfortable and didn’t stand out too much while being unique all at the same time. I grabbed some black socks to slip on, then went to the bathroom to freshen up. I came out and found Kari all dressed, waiting for me. I found one of Dj’s hoodies and slipped it on over my tank top, leaving it unzipped. Then I followed her downstairs.
Dj brushed his sleeve across his mouth, watching his sister drag Raven upstairs from the corner of his vision. He pulled the door open. “Tommy, bro!” he exclaimed, hugging his friend. Tommy returned the embrace, then slapped/shook his hand before coming in. He whistled. “Wow, looks like I missed the party. Any girls left?” Dj smirked. “Always a player aren’t you?” Tommy grabbed a beer and plopped down on the couch. “You know it.” Dj grabbed one of his ovations (there was always a guitar laying around) and began to strum a few tunes. Tommy tapped his foot before shredding an all out table-and-floor drum session. “T-Bone!” A voice suddenly yelled. Dj looked up and saw Raven running down the stairs, dressed in more of his clothes. Tommy gave him a questioning look before looking back to her. “Sixx told me to say hi for him.” She said, coming to a stop in front of Tommy. “You know Sixx?” he asked. He got a strange look on his face as he stared at her, and Dj got a bit uneasy. She nodded, not noticing the drummer’s awkward attitude. “Yeah, met him a few days ago. He’s got a kickass car.” She sat down beside Dj and he took her hand. “Well…you know this already, but baby this is Tommy..Tommy this is my girlfriend Raven.” Tommy tore his eyes from her to acknowledge Dj. Raven grabbed his guitar and started to pluck out simple yet elegant tones. The boys sat in silence for a minute before Tommy began tapping his feet. The drummer seemed to not be able to sit still. Dj smiled and went over to his piano against the wall, picking out a scale that would fit with her chords. Tommy tapped faster, and the song became more elaborate until they all suddenly stopped. After a second of silence they all laughed, and Dj noticed another voice join theirs. Kari had snuck in during the entourage and sat on the other side of the room. He shook his head at her with a sly smile, which earned him a middle finger from his sister. Raven looked up, still smiling. “I think we just wrote a new song.” She said. Tommy pressed a button on his phone, which Dj just now noticed had been out on his lap. “I agree Raven, with a little tweaking I may suggest this on the new Crue album.” Her eyes got wide. “Really?” she asked. Tommy nodded. “Yeah of course, I wouldn’t lie, it sounded pretty cool. I think I can figure out that piano thing on my own, and I know Sixx and Mars will dissect that guitar riff easy. Then we just play it in Vince’s sleep and have him dream up a big plethora of cool lyrics. BAM new song.” He stuck the phone in his pocket with a smirk and folded his hands behind his head, propping his feet up on the table. Dj raised an eyebrow at him with a silent sigh, but Raven seemed pretty happy about it.
We decided to do something not boring, so we spent the rest of the day on the PlayStation before headed outside for the pool and football. I kept up with the guys pretty well until Tommy had to turn into a ninja and destroy us, so at that point I gave up and let the boys play. I sat at a table in the shade with Kari. “Your phone beeped like a million times.” She said, watching Tommy shove Dj to the ground while Dj cussed him out and gave chase. I looked at her. “Why didn’t you tell me?” She shrugged. “Nobody texts you besides Nikki, and I know he’s not having a crisis, so I figured I’d let you enjoy some time with the guys.” I frowned at her and grabbed my phone off the table. She had a point, nobody ever talked to me. I unlocked it and looked for the notifications, and there were literally about 50 texts, but they weren’t from Nikki. They were from my friend back in LA who I admit I had forgotten all about. Without bothering to flip through them all I called her. “Where the fuck have you been?!” was the first thing I heard on the other end after one ring. “I was outside with the guys, what’s wrong?” “Guys?” she asked. “Tommy Lee is here, tell me what’s so important that you had to scream at me.” I made a face and grabbed a Sprite from the cooler beside me, popping it open and taking a sip of the bubbly liquid. The other end was quiet for a moment. “Raven I don’t know how to tell you this, but you have to believe me. Please believe me. Your aunt called this morning.” My aunt? I asked myself as she went on beneath my thoughts. I hadn’t talked to her since I was eleven and my parents banned her from their house. I don’t even remember what made them so mad. Last I heard she was living somewhere in Arizona. My friend kept talking, unaware of my mental speech. “But she’s in the hospital Raven, and she wants to see you.” “Wait wait, who is?” I asked. She exhaled dramatically. “Were you even listening?” she asked. I didn’t say anything. “Your mom Ray, your real mom.” I nearly choked on my Sprite and set it on the table. Kari looked at me curiously. “What do you mean…what do you mean real.” I whispered. She was quiet as well. “Ray, I love you, and I don’t know how to say this…but you’re adopted. Your real mom overdosed and is on her death bed in Reno wanting to see you before she dies.”