Status: Finished

I'll Be There

Dad

“Nikki?!” The other two band mates yelled, instantly grabbing their bassist and helping him up. He hadn’t exactly fainted, that wasn’t in his nature. He had however gotten weak in the knees and just collapsed. Dj stared at him with wide eyes while James continued to hold him up just in case. He never imagined that Nikki of all people could be shocked by much of anything. After a moment Nikki shrugged off James and stood up on his own. “No shit right?” He said quietly. They shook their heads. “Not even I could pull a joke like this man” James offered. Nikki nodded, like he was acknowledging what they had all known all along. “But how…” Nikki whispered, sitting in the chair beside him. “What’s her birthday?” he asked them. Dj and James suddenly looked at each other and shrugged. “You’re dating my daughter and you don’t even know her birthday?” Nikki said, as though he could provide more shock than he already had. “Well, you don’t either…” Dj said quietly, afraid to hurt his friend’s feelings. He only sighed. “October 29th.” A voice suddenly said from behind them, startling the three. Kari stood in the doorway. “Kari,how-?” Dj started to ask his sister, but she held her hand up. “Dude, facebook.” Dj facepalmed in embarrassment. “Facebook of course, I feel stupid.” “Did you hear everything?” James asked. She nodded. “Most of it anyway. I had come in here to tell you she’s awake, in case you strange men were playing strip poker or something that she didn’t need to walk in on.” The band rolled their eyes in unison. Kari loved to mess with them. “Anyway, she’s in the shower. I give you about 10 minutes to get your shit together before you need to figure out how to tell her.” Nikki put his face in his hands and the other two stared at Kari as she walked out. They were so worried about Nikki that they had forgotten about Raven. How the hell do they tell her? She’ll never believe them even with the paper.
I sprayed my hair once more, freezing my small spikes to perfection. I pulled my long bangs down over my eyes just enough so I could see. My smokey green eyes glowed solemnly from beneath the layer of eyeliner I had put on. I was hoping that they would brighten up again. I hated looking so depressed. Sure, my life had just been turned upside-down, but I was strong. I could make it through this, couldn’t I? I snickered to myself as I looked in the mirror. My eyes were almost the color or Nikki’s now. Considering he died twice it’s a wonder his eyes were still tinted green at all. I scratched my arm absently and left the bathroom to throw some light clothes on. I settled on my Guns N’ Roses tee and some shorts. As I headed towards the kitchen I saw Nikki duck out the back door and disappear. “Where’s he going?” I asked Kari, who already had breakfast made for me. “For a smoke.” Dj said from behind me, sticking the pack back into his pocket. “What? Nikki doesn’t smoke.” I said incredulously. I grabbed the pack from his pocket and tapped his face with it, throwing it to the counter. “You shouldn’t either, it’s nasty. James?” I said all in one breath, seeing the blonde prance up behind Dj. “Mornin sunshine!” He said with a beaming grin, hugging me tightly. “Mmm, lavender?” he asked, smelling my hair during the embrace. I made a face. “You can smell that through all the hairspray?” He flashed that cocky grin. “Of course I can! You take me for a heartless fool?” He instantly put on the puppy do pout. I sighed dramatically and shook my head. “You’re crazy James.” He grinned once again. “I know” He said, kissing my cheek. “Ima go check on Sixxy.” He said, dashing out before Dj could hurt him. I put my hands on my hips, still shaking my head at the blonde, then looked over to Dj who seemed gloomier than ever. “What is with everybody today?” I asked. He managed to smile at me and hug me gently. “Dj.” I said. He looked at me with his brilliant blue eyes and I nearly froze as I used to. “What is it, really? Nikki smoking, James happier than usual, you looking downright dreadful. Please tell me.” He kissed me softly and glanced towards the kitchen and his sister. “Eat. I’ll explain later.” With that he headed after the other two, grabbing his cigarettes on the way. I glared after him. I was trying to be normal for once and suddenly everybody else goes crazy. What’s up with this?
Dj lit his smoke before he even got out the door. Nikki was on the ground with his knees pulled up, his cigarette barely touched and almost burned away. James sat in a chair beside him. Dj exhaled deeply, and seeing the smoke come from his mouth he realized that he really should stop. Suddenly the desire was repulsing, and he threw the cigarette to the ground. James glanced up at him worriedly. “So how are we telling her?” Dj asked. Nikki sighed, tossing his as well. “Same way you told me. Just do it.” He stood up, shrugging off James. “You guys ok?” James asked. He was the only one who wasn’t directly involved, but he still worried about them all. They nodded and went inside. “Sis where’s Raven?” Kari looked at them from the TV. “She went to her room.” “Thanks.” He said, and the three went to find her.
I had found one of Dj’s Ovations and brought it to my room to practice on. I was in the middle of playing Patience when there was a knock on my open door. I paused and looked up. “Hey Dj” I smiled. He smiled genuinely back at me, which made my heart soar. This past week neither one of us had smiled much, and I was seriously worried about our “relationship”, if you could even call it that anymore. Come to think of it I had been so scared about the rest of my life being a lie that I had ignored the fact that I was scared of my current life as well. I somehow forgot that I was living with one of my favorite musicians, and that I was now friends with many more. Nikki and James were perfect examples, not to mention Tommy and Kari and Axl and everybody else I had met through Dj in just a few short weeks. On top of that, without him I probably never would have seen my mother at all. Mom…maybe I still had hope of finding my father. I knew that Dj would try his very best to do it for me, not because I’m his girlfriend, but because he’s a genuinely kind person. He would do it for anyone. For all I knew he’s been searching behind my back for the past few days. Which brought me to the question at hand. “What’s up, is something wrong? Why were you all so strange this morning?” James walked in behind him. “Mornin again Sunny-Shine” he piped. I made a face at the ridiculous names he called me. “Mornin blondie! Why are you here anyway? Sixx: A.M. getting the band back together or something?” He beamed. “Man I hope so! I CANNOT wait for that gig at the Golden Gods! You’re coming right?” “Of course I am! Right Dj?” I glanced over at him. Actually I hadn’t asked about the awards show yet. I didn’t even know what songs they would play. He nodded, then looked at James. “This is all great, but we can talk about it later.” I was alarmed about how serious he suddenly sounded, and I set my guitar aside. “Dj please tell me what’s wrong already.” I went to stand up but he held his hand out. I sat back down. “Where’s Nikki?” I couldn’t believe that he would miss a conversation between me and the guys, curious as he was. “Actually…” Dj started, but James cut him off. “We’ve got a surprise for you!” He burst. I smiled at the singer. That could explain a few things. “Well what is it?” I asked him. Dj spoke. “We found your dad.”
I blinked slowly and stared at him. I was now glad that he kept me sitting. “My dad?” I asked. “Like, my real dad?” He nodded. “I snatched a DNA sample and had it run.” James chimed in. “We really wanted to help.” I forced a small smile to the singer, but I was too shocked to think clearly. So much to think about in a week! My dad. So Dj had been looking for him. “Who…who is he?” I asked quietly. Dj sat beside me and put his hand on my back. “Actually, he’s here.” My heart jumped. “Would you like to meet him?” I swallowed and managed to stare up at him. It took me a moment to speak. “Yes.” I finally choked. I forced back my tears and sat up straight. My dad! What would he be like? Did he look like me? Were we completely different? Did he even know I existed? My mind raced. James stepped outside the door and waved his hand. I didn’t watch a stranger come in though. “Nikki!” I yelled my usual greeting to my favorite bassist. Of course I jumped up and hugged him as usual, but he didn’t grab me tightly for once. He simply put his arms around me. I pulled back and looked at the guys. “Wait, I’m confused. Where’s my dad at?” I glanced at Nikki curiously, wondering if he knew. Nobody spoke. Nobody else came in. Suddenly I got the hint. I couldn’t speak. My eyes darted between them. “Guys really…this isn’t funny. You can’t be serious.” “They’re serious.” Nikki said calmly. James handed me a paper. “This doesn’t even look official!” I yelled, desperate for an explanation of this mockery. James giggled. “What’s funny about this!” I growled at him. The blonde kept his cool and looked me in the eye. “Nikki said exactly the same thing when I gave him the paper.” I took a step back. Now that I thought about it I should have known it all along. Our eyes, the drugs, the way I can play any instrument I pick up with little practice. Because being a musician runs in the family. The way we both get angry at the slightest thing, and use the same phrases without realizing it. It all made sense now. But why. How. I hadn’t realized that I began crying as I thought of all of this. Dj was holding me. I looked up at Nikki, unable to call one of my best friends “Dad.” “All those years I spent trying to be just like you…” I whispered. I looked at his eyes. My eyes. Then I laughed once without meaning to. “No wonder everybody gave us weird stares huh?” I tried to giggle again, just to make the situation less awkward if possible. He reflected my smile back at me. “I’m sorry.” He said. I would have asked why, but I already knew. He was sorry for the same reason my mother was, except he never even knew I existed. Then I did something nobody expected, I hugged him as tightly as I could, burying my face in his shirt. He hugged me back just as tight. I laughed. “My dad is Nikki Sixx.” I mumbled against him. I smiled as I cried and he held me. Then I felt James join the hug behind me. Dj followed soon after. They all hugged me as I smiled and cried. My dad had been my inspiration for living this whole time and I never knew it. My dad had been my best friend for weeks and I never knew it. We all let go and I wiped my eyes, smiling up at Nikki. “My dad is Nikki Sixx.” I laughed. He smiled down at me. “I’ll never leave you alone again.” He promised. I wiped away more tears and looked at Dj. Then I tackle hugged him just as I had Nikki. “Thank you Dj thank you.” I repeated over and over. He pried me off and kissed me. “Does this mean I have to behave in front of your parent now?” he mocked, grinning at Nikki. I kissed him happily and saw Nikki roll his eyes. “And to think, I dared you to have sex.” I nearly choked. “That was-what?! Daren Jay Ashba!” I yelled. The guys all laughed.
♠ ♠ ♠
Would've uploaded sooner,but wfif's been out.Will try to upload again asap, enjoy!