The Tokio Bizarre Mafia

17

BILL

I realized I could enter Strify's mansion and listen to the guy's propisition and still decline.

So I decided to enter.

Strify led me into the photo-negative of the White House by gracefully pushing open a set of double doors.

The inside of the mansion had a very gothic feel to it.

The ground was covered in a very pristine white carpet in rooms such as the living room and the bedrooms while the kitchen and bathrooms had a beautiful sparkaly white marble floor.

The furniture was all a very nice, very expensive Italian black leather. The tables and shelves were a very fine black wood.

The walls were all painted a very light grey which seemed to tie everything together.

There were people just about everywhere. Lazing on the furniture or just standing around, and there were more men than the five guys who invaided my house. The guys were wearing dress slacks, dress shoes, and button-up collared shirts. The girls were wearing short skirts, fishnets, tight tops, and high heels.

I felt so under dressed.

"Let's go into my study and talk." Strify said, snapping me out of my thoughts and he led me further into the house.

He pushed open a giant heavy looking wooden door and what lay behind it was vastly different from the rest of the house.

The room wasn't very big, maybe a litle bigger than a single car garage. Two of the walls were covered in floor to ceiling shelving units loaded up with books. The floor was covered in a forest green carpet and there were a few pieces of furniture in the room.

The most prominent item in the room was a giant wooden desk that probably weighed about eight-hundred pounds. Behind the desk was a very expensive looking red leather chair.

There were also two brown learther arm chairs that matched the desk with a small glass table in between them.

Lastly, there was a small silver tea cart in one corner but instead of having tea on it, it had a few bottles of different flavored vodkas and six shot glasses.

"Would you like a drink?" Strify offered.

"No thanks." I declined.

"Alright then, have a seat." he said.

"I'd rather stand." I replied.

Strify gracefully shrugged his shoulders and said, "Whichever you prefer." He took a step closer to me and asked, "What is the thing you want most in life?"

He made me feel uncomfortable.

"It's...complicated." I said.

"Tell me anyways." he pressed.

I inwardly sighed but still replied, "I'd like to find my friends, but I also want them to stay safe even if it means I can't find them and they stay lost."

"You mean the people from the photo?" Strify questioned.

I didn't answer.

"I see." Strify said quietly after a moment as he walked over to the window and peered outside, "What if we find your friends and keep them safe?"

I shook my head, "You don't want to get in the middle of my problems. They'll suck you in like a dangerous black hole."

Strify turned back to me with a smile on his face, "What's life without a little adventure? We'll find your friends and make sure you're all protected... So what do you say?" he questioned.

"I'd do just about anything for that." I said with a sigh, "What's the catch?" I asked.

"If you join us we'll find your friends." Strify said.

I was quiet for a long moment before I asked, "What do I have to do?"

X-----X-----X-----X-----X-----X

I was sitting in the backseat of a black Escalade with two guys I've come to know as Yu and Kiro sitting in the front seat.

Spying. Tailing. Obserbving. It all meant the same thing. It meant I was back in the business I ran away from.

"What are we doing here?" I questioned.

"We're waiting for our informants to arrive." Yu replied.

"Why don't we go inside and wait for them there?" I asked.

"Can't." Yu said.

"Why not?" I questioned.

"Not safe." Kiro replied.

"Not safe?" I repeated.

"Exactly." Yu said.

"Exactly what?" I asked.

Kiro sighed, "This is getting nowhere."

I decided to change the subject and asked, "Why are you two sitting like statues?"

"Excuse me?" Yu questioned.

"I don't understand." Kiro said quietly.

:Did you know he talked this much?" Yu asked Kiro.

"I was unaware." Kiro replied.

"If I would have known he was this talkative I would have denied Strify asking us to bring him along." Yu said.

"Strify would have still made us bring him along because he needs experience." Kiro said.

"I thought the reason why we extended the invite to him was because he had experience." Yu replied.

Kiro shrugged his shoulders, "Apparently he doesn't have the right kind of experience."

"Well then what kind of experience does he need?" Yu questioned.

"I'm not sure. Strify wasn't exactly specific on that." Kiro said.

"I'm right here y'know." I inturrupted.

"We know...unfortunatly." Yu said as he shared a smirk with Kiro.

I sighed and asked, "...So where does someone go to the restroom around here?"

Kiro handed me a silver thermos.

"How vile." I said quietly.