The Tokio Bizarre Mafia

4

FALLEN

"Do you think it's safe for us to go to our homes and pack up a few things?" Tom asked.

"There's only one way to find out." Bill replied, "What do you think, Fallen?" he questioned.

I walked out of the crappy bathroom and turned out the light, "I would kill for a hairbrush." I muttered. Both Tom and Bill's heads snapped up to look at me and I corrected myself, "Well, not kill...More like stun."

Bill and Tom nodded, accepting my answer this time.

"So what do you think?" Tom questioned.

"Think about what?" I asked back as I checked my reflection in the tv screen. My hair was a mess and I knew I had gotten blood on my dress; both of which I hated.

"Is it safe to go to our homes and pack a few things?" Tom repeated.

"Or will there be ambushes waiting for us? ...Or will someone be waiting around to burn us alive when we enter? ...Or someone hiding in the bushes to pop a cap in us as soon as we walk up to the front door? ...Or-" Bill ranted until I cut him off.

"No matter what we do it won't be safe." I finally replied, "It all depends on how bad you want it. Is there something in your home you need? Anything you can't afford to let fall into the wrong hands?" I questioned.

Bill sighed, "My weapons."

"My currency." Tom added.

I nodded, "My all of the above."

"So it's settled. We go collect our things." Bill cemented.

"Should we wait for daylight?" Tom questioned.

I shook my head, "Daylight may seem safer, but we'll have eyes on us. If we leave now we may have a chance. The other side will be scrambling when they find out, but it won't take long for them to get things locked down. They'll find out it was us, they'll come after us, and they won't stop. Not until we're dead." I said, but paused to let my words sink in. "Whatever you do don't get caught because he'll use you to flush out the rest of us."

"Flush out?" Tom questioned.

He didn't understand me, but I wouldn't expect him to. Bill, Tom, and I have been friends for as long as I can remember. But Dan only started to allow the tree of us to work together three years ago.

Before that, the twins worked in the weaponry safe while I worked in the torture basement. We all knew things the others didn't, but the things I knew were gruesome.

I nodded, "Torture tactic." I replied. They knew torture was a topic I didn't like to talk about much, but I knew if they were going to be faced with it now they needed to know what they could be getting into. "We used to do it all the time to people who were hiding in groups. We find one and haul them in. We beat them within an inch of their life and they ask them questions about where the others are hiding. Then we give them about eight hours to rest before we repeat the process. We continue until the captured caves or the others hiding come out of hiding." I explained before I flopped down onto one of the beds next to Bill.

I sighed and Bill threw his arms around my shoulder and whispered, "Everything's going to be okay."

"So we need to leave right now." I said as I stood back up, "We all go to our own homes, grab what we need and meet back here."

"What if one of us is surprised while at home?" Tom questioned.

"Start running and we split us. If we're not all back here in an hour we'll know the split-up has gone into effect." I replied.

"How do we know the one who doesn't come back didn't get caught?" Bill questioned.

"We won't." I replied, "We'll just hope it didn't go that way."

Bill nodded as he stood to his feet and walked over to the door, "See you guys in a hour." he said before he opened the door and walked out.

I got up and walked over toward the window, slightly pulled the curtain open, and took a peek outside. There I could see Bill sticking to the shadows as he made his way back toward the alleyway that led to the house he and Tom shared.

That made me curious about something and I turned to Tom, "Why didn't you go with him?" I questioned.

Tom stood up from the bed and shoved his hands into his pockets, "One person running down a dark alley and people pay no mind, two people running down an alley and people get curious, wondering what's going on. I'll wait about ten minutes and then I'll follow after." he replied, "I'm a faster runner anyways." he added with a sheepish smile.

"Oh... Do you want me to stay with you?" I asked.

Tom shook his head, "No, you go. You live in the opposite direction anyways."

I nodded, "I'll see you soon." I said before I kissed Tom on the cheek and left the hotel room, going to my own place which was about six blocks away from the motel.

I realized because of the length of my dress I wasn't running as fast as I could and at a time like this every second counted. So I hiked up my skirt and was able to run faster. I made it home in record time - but not without hearing a few cat calls from a couple of drunken men along the way.

Once I made it to my apartment complex I stopped and made sure there weren't any suspicious vehicles lurking in the shadows. When nothing seemed out of the ordinary, I entered the complex and went up to the third floor where my apartment was located.

I jammed my key into the lock and entered. I ran into my bedroom and threw open my closet. I pulled out an unknown local band tee, a pair of grey skinny jeans, and black and white checkered vans. In a flash I was changed and I threw my favorite dress into a garbage tin.

I pulled a black duffel bag out from under my bed and packed clothes and other things in it that would last for a few days. I opened a secret compartment in the wall where all my guns were mounted. With my duffel being only about half full, it still had enough room for 16 guns both big and small and several boxes of extra ammo. My last four hand guns I secured at my waist with my belt. I threw on my black leather trench coat to conceal the weapons on my person. I ran all around my apartment, collecting money from various hiding spots and shoved it into my duffel. Lastly, I shoved two picture frames into the duffel. One was of my parents and the other was me with the twins.

When I had everything packed, I went all around my apartment picking up things someone could use as leverage to bring me out of hiding and dumped it all into the garbage tin along with the dress. Then I lit a match and dropped it in. The contents burned until there was nothing else left to burn and snuffed itself out. I peered inside to see nothing but ash and felt a feeling of accomplishment even though I had just burned almost everything I cared about.

With only a few minutes left to make it back to the motel, I picked up my duffel and left my apartment, going down to the garage where my 1967 Chevy Impala was parked.

I threw the duffel into the back seat before I jumped into the front seat. I raced to the motel and made it with two minutes to spare. When I entered the motel room I realized I was the only one there. "They still have two minutes, Fallen." I told myself. But I knew I would give them seven.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment please?