The Tokio Bizarre Mafia

5

FALLEN

Eleven minutes had passed and still neither Bill nor Tom had showed up. I sighed, I didn't want to be on my own yet, but it didn't seem I had a choice. Something had happened to them and I knew I couldn't risk myself getting caught by trying to investigate the situation.

No, I knew what I had to do and that was to run.

I peeked out the window to make sure there weren't any suspicious characters hanging out in the parking lot. When I realized the coast was clear, I grabbed my bag and walked out to my Chevy Impala.

I threw my bag into the backseat before I started the vehicle and pulled out of the parking lot.

At first, I didn't know where I was going to go. I slowly drove down the street toward the highway trying to decide if I wanted to go East or West. By the time I reached the highway I decided to go West. I'd head out to California because that state is big and there are a lot of places to hide.

If Whitey Bouldger can do it then so can I.

Being that I live near Denver, Colorado it's going to take a few days to get there - and I do mean a few days. That means no speed demon acts, no dangerous driving, nothing that is going to get me pulled over and arrested or have someone take an interest in me and follow me. That's the last thing I wanted.

So I began to drive down the highway in the dead of night, my radio tuned to some alternative rock station and playing lightly to keep me awake as I drove in the direction of Nevada.

.

.

.

THIRD PERSON

Tom hurriedly ran down the stairs, carrying one large duffel bag over each shoulder. When he made it to the living room he found Bill sitting comfortably on the couch. "What are you waiting for bro? We've got to go back to the motel and meet up with Fallen!"

Bill shook his head, "We're not going back."

"What do you mean we're not going back?" Tom questioned, "She's expecting us!"

"We're not going back!" Bill shouted as he shot up to his feet.

"Why not?" Tom questioned, "We need to go back there so we can help her. We need to protect her!"

"We are protecting her! Don't you get it?!" Bill snapped, "We're protecting her by not being anywhere near her!"

"What are you saying?" Tom asked slowly.

"As soon as we leave this house, the three of us are splitting up." Bill clarified. "We both know the three of us can't stick together forever. So we will sever the bonds now before they become too strong to break."

.

.

.

BILL

I almost can't believe what I said, but I still said it. But it had to be said. Tom, Fallen, and I need to be separated because I made a mistake. We killed the wrong person and as long as we're together we will always have eyes on us.

Tom was so pissed when he left. He didn't even say goodbye to me. Me! His own brother! We may never see each other again and he didn't have the decency to say goodbye.

But... then again, I can understand why he's pissed. Fallen has always been there for us, she has always had our backs... and for us to to drop this bombshell on her and not even have the decency to tell her about it to her face... yeah my idea wasn't thoroughly thought through and if she ever finds out the truth about why we didn't come back I'm going to look like the biggest dick ever. She may even try to shoot me!

But don't be fooled into thinking I wanted to make the split. God no! If I could I would never leave Fallen's side and I would protect her until the day I die.

Why?

Because I think I love her... Yeah, I-I love her.

And the only way I can protect her is to put some distance in between us.

I sat on the couch , reflecting on my decision to split us up, when a car's headlights shined through the blinds - meaning a car was pulling into the driveway - and it spooked me. I snatched up my bags and ran out the back door where my black Audi was waiting.