The Tokio Bizarre Mafia

8

FALLEN

I took a deep breath before I strutted up to my target who was sitting at the bar. He met all my requirements perfectly. Mid forties. Drunk. Lonely. He was the trifecta of what I was looking for tonight.

I wore a tight black corset, a short black leather skirt, fishnets, and knee high black leather boots. My outfit was going to make his eyes pop out of his skull which was all apart of the plan.

I sat down on the bar stool next to the old man and heaved a heavy sigh. The man glanced at me and after he drank in my appearance he scooted a little closer to me. I knew exactly what he was thinking. He thought he was going to get lucky tonight.

"Yow...look like yow...could use a drink." the man stuttered, obviously at his limit already. "Whut do yow want? Is's on meeee." he proudly stated even if he continued to slur.

I eyed the man's whiskey on the bar top and even though I didn't intend to drink any alcohol tonight, to get on the man's good side I said, "I'll have what you're having."

The man smiled at me before he signaled to the bartended to bring over two drinks. Not even a minute later, he set the drinks down in front of us.

"So what's troubling yow?" the man questioned, sensing my fake distress.

I heaved another fake, yet believable sigh. "My boyfriend cheated on me and then he broke up with me." I paused to sniffle before I continued, "And I thought we were supposed to be together forever!"

The man drunkenly cooed, "I'm terribly sowwy."

I decided to take it up a notch, feeding him the words that he wanted to hear. "I should get back at him! But I don't know how to do that." I pouted at the end.

"Maybe you should-" he started, but I cut him off.

"I know! I'll sleep with the next man I see!" I said confidently as I shot up to my feet.

"Maybe I could be-" the man started again, but I interrupted him once more.

"Thank you so much for listening." I said as I pecked his cheek and secretly picked his pocket, lifting his wallet. "It means a lot to me knowing there are still gentlemen out there like yourself." I said as I smiled at him before I got up and walked away.

I walked to the girls' restroom where I locked myself in one of the stalls, counted the cash before deciding to take half of it, and lifted one of the three credit cards. The rest I left in the wallet because I wasn't greedy and also because half of $500 was a nice take for one night. When I was finished, I left the girls' restroom and tossed the wallet into the means' restroom so the lift would not be traced back to me. If I was lucky, some guy would find it in there and decide to take it for himself leaving my steal tracing to whoever was unlucky enough to take my left overs.

When I returned to the bar from the restrooms someone called out to me making me stop dead in my tracks.

"So how many different tactics do you have because last night's scam and the one from tonight are totally different." some guy said.

I slightly glanced over my shoulder to see five guys all dressed in black sitting in the corner booth. Their style and even their hair reminded me a bit of Bill.

I regained my composer and said, "I don't know what you're talking about." before I walked out of the bar and down the street in the direction of my nearby studio apartment.

I glanced around at my surroundings as I walked. I had managed to make it to California just like I had planned; I had made it all the way to the beach.

I reached my apartment, entered, and completely ignored everything inside. Instead, I walked out to my balcony where I sat down on my covered swinging bench and stared out at the ocean.

Those boys in black reminded me of my past even if I didn't want to remember. My mind was already swimming of thoughts of what has happened to me the past six months.

A little over five and a half months ago I arrived to the beach and after a week of living in my car I knew I had to find better arrangements. It didn't take me long to find this apartment and for the first two months I was able to keep up on the rent. But at the three month mark I had to start picking and that's what I've been doing ever since.

It's not the kind of lifestyle I pictured myself living, but I'm surviving so I can't complain.

Unfortunately, those boys from tonight were right. I do use different tactics when picking and if they know that it means they've been watching me. I suppose it's my own fault though. I have been picking at the same bar for the past three nights.

Seeing the boys who looked like Bill reminded me how much I missed him and Tom. I still don't know why they didn't meet me back at the motel that night and I don't know if they're actually okay or not. But I like to think they're safe, together, and doing well. It helps me sleep at night to think that.

I didn't realize I was crying until a tear dropped to the ground. I didn't think I missed them that much.

"A pretty girl like you shouldn't have a reason to cry." someone said.

My head snapped up and my eyes searched for the owner of the voice. I spotted a guy standing on my fire escape and recognized him as one of the five guys in the booth at the bar.

"What are you doing here?" I asked darkly.

"We followed you home." he replied.

"We?" I questioned skeptically.

The guy motioned over the railing and I looked over to see his four companions loitering on the sidewalk three stories below.

I looked back up at the guy on my fire escape and asked him, "What do you want?"

"You." he replied.

"What?" I asked.

"You're the best at picking that we've ever seen. We want you to join us." he explained.

I sighed and stood to my feet. "Not interested." I said before I walked back into my apartment.

He began to follow after me, "Just give us a chance-" he started to say, but as soon as he stepped foot inside my apartment I swiftly turned around and pointed my revolver at him.

"I said get lost!" I shouted.

The guy raised his hands in surrender as he backed out and went back down the fire escape. "Alright, alright, we're going." he told me before he started to climb down.

I kept my revolver trained on him until I was sure he and his friends were gone. Then I closed my sliding glass door and made sure to lock it before I also shut the black-out blinds.

After I was done, I collapsed onto my futon bed and mumbled, "What a night."