The Tokio Bizarre Mafia

9

FALLEN

I woke up the next morning and went back out onto my balcony. Nothing seemed to be out of place, nothing had been taken, and nothing was left behind for me to find. Which meant that guy and his friends didn't come back after I told them to get lost. Good. Great even.

I sat down on my bench swing that looked out at the ocean. That's when I realized the surf looked up today. I may be a sort of newbie when it comes to surfing, but I do know when it looks like an awesome day to get in the water.

I went back inside my apartment and changed my clothes to a pair of black board shorts, a lime green bikini top, and a pair of really cheap flip-flops. I ran a brush though my hair a few times before I pulled it up into a high ponytail.

After I finished getting ready I left my apartment and walked down the hall before I knocked on someone else's apartment door. A few moments later, a stereotypical surfer dude opened the door. He was wearing a pair of blue swim trunks and a pair of gray and white checkered vans. He had shoulder length blonde hair which was slicked back in a greasy sort of way.

He smiled at me and I smiled back before I asked, "Hey Kelly, can I borrow a board?"

Kelly nodded, "Chya man. Long or short?" he questioned.

"I think I'll go with a short board this time." I replied.

Kelly smiled, "So you want to taste the waves today, huh?" he asked. Before I could answer him, he retreated into his apartment to find me a surfboard.

A few minutes later, he returned with a beautiful turquoise blue surfboard and handed it to me, "It's all sex waxed up and ready for ya." he said as he winked and then added, "I would join ya, but I have to work today." he said with a defeated tone of voice.

I pouted, "Aww, that sucks. Do you want me to tell you how it was when I return?" I asked.

Kelly shook his head, "You don't have to... Now go! Ride those awesome waves before the tide changes!"

I laughed, "Thanks for the board Kelly! I'll return it as soon as possible!"

"Don't worry about it!" Kelly replied, "You hang onto it for a while because the waves wait for no one!"

I smiled, "Thanks again Kelly! See you later!" I said before I picked up the surfboard and left the apartment complex. I crossed the street and walked onto the beach. Yeah, I know, super easy access, huh?

I walked up to an abandoned lifeguard tower and kicked off my flip-flops underneath it before I walked into the water and paddled out into the ocean.

- - - - - - - - - - - - -

I spent most of the morning out in the water and caught 13 nice waves while I only fell 5 times. That was a new record for me which I was very proud of.

I was starting to get tired so I decided to come in and as I got closer to the beach I realized there was a guy clad in black sitting under the lifeguard tower next to my flip-flops. It was almost as if he was waiting for me. But his beach attire made him stick out like a sore thumb which was somewhat suspicious.

I debated ditching my shoes just to ignore the guy, but I knew I needed them if I didn't want to burn the crap out of my feet on the walk back to my apartment. So instead I decided to grab my shoes and ignore the guy.

I walked up to him and he looked up at me. I picked up my shoes and began to walk away. In the back of my mind it registered that he said, "Hey." to me and I completely ignored him.

He stood up and followed after me as he called out, "So you're a pick pocket and a surfer girl?"

That made me turn around and face the guy. I quickly recognized him as one of the guys from that booth in the bar last night as well as one of the guys standing on the sidewalk while his friend was on my balcony.

"Leave me alone." I said.

"I don't think that's possible." he replied.

"Why not?" I asked.

"Well, for one we know where you live." he said.

I shrugged my shoulders, "You could always forget."

He shook his head at me, "It's not that easy to forget."

"Whatever." I said as I side-stepped him, but he stepped back in front of me and blocked me.

"I also know where you surf now." he added.

I rolled my eyes at him, "Well don't you just know everything." I said sarcastically.

"I know more than you think." he replied.

"I highly doubt that." I said.

I walked across the beach and across the street with my surfboard tucked under my arm and mystery guy still followed behind me almost like a lost puppy. It annoyed me so much. I mean, doesn't this guy have anything better to do?

Annoyed with him, I spun around on my heel, nearly clocking him with my surfboard before I asked, "What is it going to take for you to stop following me?!"

He smiled at me and replied, "Lunch."

I raised an eyebrow at him and replied, "Lunch?"

He nodded, "Yeah. Simple enough."

I gave him a mocking smile to make him think I was considering his offer before I dropped the smile and said, "Not interested."

I stopped at a gate in front of my apartment complex and punched in a four-digit code into a key pad before I let myself in. I slipped through the gate and made sure to slam it closed in the guy's face.

"This isn't over." he said.

I shrugged my shoulders, "Looks pretty over to me."

I watched him as he sighed and eventually he walked away.

I walked up toward my apartment and muttered, "Creeper." along the way.

I paused at Kelly's door and knocked a few times before I realized he must have already left for work because he wasn't answering. I figured I'd just return the surfboard to him later before I walked down the hall and entered my own apartment. I leaned the surfboard against the wall next to my couch just as my stomach growled and I decided to find something to eat in the kitchen.

After a few minutes of searching the fridge, I realized it was pretty much empty. I slightly sighed, not wanting to have to venture back outside, but I knew I would have to in order to find something to eat.

I decided to go to my closet and pulled on a white tank top over my bikini top and grabbed some cash before I left my apartment, again, and walked to the hole-in-the-wall pizzeria down the street.

Once I arrived I smiled brightly seeing there wasn't a line like usual and I walked right up to the counter. "Hey Luigi." I said brightly to the restaurant owner who was manning the counter at the moment, "Let me get a large cheeseburger pizza to go."

Luigi smiled at me, "You, darling, are my only regular customer who always orders that pizza. So from now on you only have to pay half price."

I smiled, "Awh, thank you so much, Luigi, that's really sweet of you."

"Don't worry about it, sweetheart. Your pizza will be ready in 15 minutes." Luigi said as he took my money and began to help the customer behind me.

I walked toward the back of the pizzeria and didn't realize I wasn't watching where I was going until I bumped into someone. "Oh sorry!" I said before I looked up to see who it was, but when I saw who I had bumped I wasn't very happy.

He was the same guy who had been on my balcony the night before. Okay, what the hell is up with these guys?! They keep popping up all over the place!

He smiled when he recognized me and said, "Hey, you made it to lunch!"

I nearly growled at him as I said, "Leave. Me. Alone." I tried to side step him, but he moved back in front of me. "Move." I said darkly.

I felt an arm wrap around my waist from behind which caused me to gasp as someone yanked me down into their lap. I turned my head to see it was the guy from the beach. He kept his arm around my waist, keeping me down, which I didn't like at all. "Let me go." I said through gritted teeth.

"You're obviously waiting for your food to be ready. Why not wait with us?" balcony boy asked as he sat down in the chair across from me.

"What do you want?" I asked.

"We want your talent." the guy holding me said.

"What talent?" I asked, playing dumb.

"Your picking!" one of the other guys whispered from the other end of the table, "We think it's fantastic."

That's when I realized I had weird association names for a couple of the guys, but in reality I didn't know who any of them were.

"I'm not even going to pretend to discuss this with you without knowing who any of you are." I said.

I noticed as the guys side-glanced at each other, trying to decide if they actually wanted to introduce themselves to me and I knew it would not be in my best interest to talk about my 'talent' with them if I was always going to be worried they were keeping things from me.

Balcony Boy inhaled deeply before he said, "I'm Andy." He glanced at the guy next to him, giving him the go-ahead to introduce himself, but he wouldn't open his mouth and the same process happened for the next guy too.

Andy sighed, "The two quiet ones are Jake and Jeremy and don't take their silence personally. It takes a lot for them to trust or even speak to people they don't know." he said.

I didn't really believe that excuse. In fact, I thought it was a load of bull. But instead of stating my own opinion, I simply nodded and left it at that.

The guy on the other side of the round table smiled brightly and said, "Hi. I'm Ashley."

His smile was nearly contagious but I forced myself not to smile. I didn't want to smile and have these guys think they had me reeled in because then they would think they had me.

The guy who still had his arm wrapped around my waist was the only one who had yet to introduce himself to me. He leaned in close and said, "The name's Christian Coma, but you can call me CC."

His words sent chills down my spine, which I didn't like and I pulled myself away from him, but he still didn't let me up.

"So are you in a gang or something?" I questioned.

"Something like that." CC replied.

"So...go pick that man over there." Andy said as he nodded in the direction of an overweight man who looked to be in his late 40s, sitting in the front of the restaurant eating by himself.

He was one of the easiest picking candidates I had seen in a long time. It would be so simple for me to lift his wallet and probably his wedding band as well.

I shook my head and simply replied, "No."

"Why not?" CC questioned, "You scared?"

"No. I just don't pick here." I said as I forced CC to let go of me and stood up. I would never pick here. I don't pick from the places where I am treated practically like family.

I walked over to order pick-up and grabbed my pizza box only to have Andy follow me.

"Listen, meet us tonight at the club where we first met." Andy said.

I turned to face him, "You guys bother me again and I'll call the cops." I said before I walked out of the pizzeria.