Status: Hiatus~~

The Sea Wasn't The Only Thing That Changed

Underdog

I hazily opened my eyes to a squint, trying to let as little light into my eyes as possible. When I failed at doing so, I scrunched up my face, letting out a sigh that cascaded into a stretch. When I looked around, I saw Grace and Matt tightly cuddled together on the leather couch. I smiled, remembering last night. Everything had happened in such a haze, but it felt like I’d known these guys for years. I heard someone moan as they rolled over, causing the body that my head was resting on to stir. I shut my eyes in fear of being caught awake so early. Josh propped himself up on one elbow and looked at me. I stirred and wiped my eyes in an attempt to fool him that he had woke me up. I lifted my head to greet him.
“Hello love” Josh said, running his fingers through his hair, obviously trying to make himself look presentable.
“Morning” I said to Joshua with a smile, fixing up my hair so it wasn’t all over my face.

Grace had woken up with a smile on her face, as Matt gently kissed her forehead and greeted her good morning. Watching Grace and Matt was possibly one of the cutest experiences of my life; he held his arms around her waist, keeping her as close as he possibly could. Grace turned around giving him a peck on the lips before getting up to wash the makeup off her face. As I got up to do the same, Josh pulled me back to the mattress by the wrist.
“You’re not getting away that easy”, he said with a wink, forcefully pressing his lips against mine, he laid me down, hovering over me eagerly. I suppose you could say we got a bit ‘caught up in the moment’, Josh running his hands along my back as my fingers ran through his tattered morning hair. We were rudely interrupted by a screaming Matt.
“KEEP IT PG PLEASE!”
We laughed and I gave Josh another gentle kiss before walking to the bathroom to wash my face. Walking to the bathroom, I had the weirdest feeling inside my stomach. When I opened the door, I found Grace slouching against the hand basin. She was obviously feeling the same as I was. We both grinned as soon as we made eye-contact. We hugged each other, madly jumping up and down in happiness that we’d, A, gotten ourselves an amazing job and, B, we had just slept in the same room as two of the most gorgeous guys on the face of the earth. There was something still innocent in all of that somehow, even if some exciting events had taken place the night before.

After Grace and I discussed what had happened last night at the party, we joined the boys in packing up the lounge room, volunteering to fold up blankets so we could avoid the hard work of moving mattresses. Whilst Josh and Matt were moving Josh’s mattress back to his room, Grace and I were bombarded with questions from Max and Dan.
“Matthew and Grace, that’d be cute on a wedding invitation”, Daniel said, winking at her as a blush enveloped her whole face. She tried to throw an equally as clever remark back at him but failed in doing so. Good old Gracey.
“And quite obviously the love doctor has enraptured you, little munchkin,” Max said, hugging me and placing a kiss on my already pink cheek.
“Hold on”, he finished, shortly making clear that if he didn’t take a piss soon his bladder would overflow like Niagara Falls. Josh and Matt returned to the room announcing that we were going out for dinner tonight, to celebrate getting the job with them. We took this as an opportunity to get home.

As Grace and I walked home, enjoying the serenity of Weybridge, we didn’t talk once. We just walked home and collapsed on the couch, falling asleep almost instantly. We woke up again at around lunchtime, deciding that we were going to food shop and then get ready for dinner. So Grace and I showered and got dressed into our comfiest outfits for the short walk to the supermarket. We had decided on the necessities and that we would do a rather large stock up later. When we returned home we had just over 4 hours to get ready. I had decided on wearing a button up, oversized blouse over some dark denim jeans with black heels. Grace had curled my hair into some form of messy bun at the back of my head and it looked lovely, to say the least, much like she did. Grace had straightened her hair and was wearing a teal oversized jumper with stockings and ankle boots.

As we braved walking to the restaurant by ourselves, we were confronted by a small group of guys. Grace and I started to speed up our pace as they called out rather insulting compliments to our backs before we turned around to give them the finger. We hurried over to Josh and Matthew who gave us a quick kiss before introducing us to Georgie, Chris’ beautiful girlfriend. Grace, Matt, Josh and I walked slower than Dan, Max, Chris and Georgie. Matt and Grace walked hand in hand, swinging their arms back and forth like two little girls. Josh walked behind me with his arms round my waist, constantly checking to see if I was getting cold. Whilst we were waiting for the lights to change, Matt gently but surely pushed Grace up against the building we were all leaning against, crashing his lips against hers. Grace responded with a smile into his lips which made them once again join their lips together. Dan and Max began to imitate the couple, earning laughs from by standing pedestrians. When the traffic stopped and we had crossed the road to the restaurant, the group entered, following the waitress to our table at the back of the room.
Once we had finished our meal, we left for the nearest bar. Chris and Georgie had decided to go back to her apartment so they could ‘be together’ in the last few weeks before the boys went on the Soundwave Festival, in Australia. As the group made their way to the bar to order drinks, we were approached by the bar manager, obviously known well in the area. Grace and I, not knowing much about the band just kind of stood there awkwardly next to Josh as he talked to the man. Josh looked down at me, rubbing his fingertips up and down the side of my arm, obviously in an attempt to relax me. When Josh and the bar manager has finished talking he told the group that they were to be playing a small set, just to get some people inside. The boys quickly called Chris asking him if Georgie would mind him coming to play a short set. Once Chris had arrived, the boys were set up with small blocks and Dan’s kit raised off of the ground.

“Hi, my names Josh, and we’re You Me At Six” Josh said into the microphone with a smile.

Josh started singing with a repeating riff in the background.

“I’ll slow this down because I know that you can’t keep up,

Oh maybe I, maybe I was wrong from the start,

I might be proud, but at least I’m proud of something,

You’ve taken pride in becoming nothing”

He sung with a somewhat perfect grit in his voice, the song progressed when the music became heavier and he began to scream.

“You’ve become, what I hate,

sold yourself for a little fame.

Now the wolves have closed their doors.

You wanna drag me down some more”

When the song finished I could see the smile on Josh’s face as he had begun to talk to the crowd. He introduced the next song as ‘This Is The First Thing’.

The first line made me get goose bumps as Josh sung the lyrics with his beautiful voice. When the boys had finished playing, they returned to the bar to where Grace, Georgie and I were standing. They were ordering drinks when a dark haired girl approached us.
♠ ♠ ♠
o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o, what do you guys think is going to happen?

some bomments would be lovely thankyou, i otherwise dont have the motivation to write.

also, if you would like to follow joshisahomo.tumblr.com, i will also post the story there :)