Status: Hiatus~~

The Sea Wasn't The Only Thing That Changed

Those Dirty Words, That You Said

<b>Josh’s P.O.V<b>

I felt so comfortable around her, not the comfortable that Hanna and I shared; the we-know-everything about each other and don’t have anything good to talk about, but the comfortable where I can be myself, say sexist jokes and be all around embarrassing without her even caring. I wish I could tell her how I actually feel about her; I don’t want her to be just something on the side that I can have fun with whenever I feel the need so. I don’t want her to be confused and unsure about where we stand, and I want to let her know that I am ready for another relationship, but I just don’t know how. I guess you could say that I was scared. Scared of being just the something on the side for her, and that we didn’t have the same feelings for each other.

I guess that’s why Hanna and I would go running back to each other, for a bit of closure and comfort. But, deep down we both knew I was just scared of being alone for once, after being with her for so long. After last night’s gathering I decided that I needed to talk to Kaitlyn and settle things out. We were both unsure and emotions were conflicting and I could see that there was something between us that wasn’t just a pash and dash. I texted her after the shoot, mainly because I wanted to talk to her about ‘us’ situation, but also just because I liked hanging out with her.
I asked her if I could come over, and she replied with full stops and proper grammar. I instantly thought that she was pissed, and after having a miserable ex-girlfriend and an older sister, I knew girl talk.

I walked to her house at around four o’clock and heard a very fake cough from behind the door. ‘That, was the worst fake-cough in the history of fake coughs’, I thought to myself.
“Cut the crap, I know you’re not sick”, I said, walking in to her house without bothering to wait for her to invite me in. I then began to ask her why she wasn’t at the FIFA and beer gathering last night. She gave me the biggest load of bullshit I had ever heard, saying she wasn’t up to it. I knew she was lying because I knew as much as she wanted to be a responsible person; she would never pass down an opportunity to get a bit messy. I did not protest what she said though, not wanting to aggravate her before I even got to the sensitive topic. After hearing shouting and constant whistles coming from the TV, I decided to look, my eyes unsure of what they were seeing. Kaitlyn, seeing the confused look on my face, decided to teach me some of the basic rules of what she called, ‘The Football. ’
She actually surprised me, like how much she knew about the sport, for a girl anyway. I spent most of the time watching Kaitlyn’s face throughout the game as she screamed at her television.
To be honest, there was nothing sexier than watching a girl take an interest in sport, and if it was her in an Arsenal kit I think I would get on one knee and marry her on the spot.

I sprawled myself on the couch, putting my head in her lap, just listening to everything, Kaitlyn yelling at the TV and the TV itself. Really, the game was absolute shit and the team Kaitlyn was going for weren’t very good. After making her go a very cute shade of pink, she decided it would be a good idea to mess up my hair, which she knew I absolutely hated. She kissed my forehead and I then fixed my hair. Sitting up on the couch so I could turn to face her, I gently rubbed my fingers up and down her arm.
“Kaitlyn,” I started, thinking about what I really wanted to say.
“Joshua…” she said, filling in the silence between us.
“Do you want to tell me the real reason why you left last night?” I said, searching for her eyes and cocking my eyebrows slightly.
“It’s nothing, I just wasn’t feeling the best, that’s all”, she said, her eyes never leaving the tight gaze she had on her thighs.
“Hey, you sure? It doesn’t seem like that’s everything…” I said, placing my thumb under her chin and lifting her head gently. She just looked at me, her eyes desperate to say something but her mouth just wasn’t letting her. I stroked her thigh with my thumb rhythmically back and forth in an attempt to somewhat gain her trust.
“I guess… I suppose… I-I-I,” she stuttered.
“Love, if you don’t want to tell me, you don’t have to. I’d just like to know, that’s all”, I said, hopefully somewhat reassuringly. She inhaled deeply before opening her mouth to speak.
“I was confused, on where we stood. Where you and Hanna stood,” she locked her eyes in mine and spoke again.
“I really like you Josh, I mean, you’re great to have around I’m glad that it’s you that I’ve been able to hang out with the most and I know it’s only been a few weeks that I’ve known you but, I guess, I don’t, I mea-“
I cut her off with a kiss. I was sick of talking, I wanted to show her how I felt how I actually felt and I knew words weren’t my strong point.

“You don’t need to reason with me, I’m on your side, love”, I said, pressing my smile to her lips. With each passing second the kiss grew deeper and more passionate; both bodies letting natural instinct take over. I moved Kaitlyn on top of me so she was straddling my hips, her lips still attached to mine as our tongues danced in each other’s mouths. Her hands ran through my hair, most of the time resting in the hair at the nape of my neck, my fingers tracing the hemline of her ridden up shirt. Rubbing my hands up and down her soft skin, I rested my hands in the small of her back and parted our lips so I could speak.
“Kaitlyn, I really want to be… something”. I said as she stared deep into my eyes with her tri-coloured ones.
“Is Joshua Franceschi asking me out?” she said with a mock tone, looking around for support from the empty room. I cocked my eyebrows at her, giving her a dull facial expression.
“Only fucking with you, you wanker. I’d love to be… ‘something’”, she replied giving me a small kiss on my lips. “Now fucking with me sounds great, I like it”, I said with a cheeky grin.
“All in good time, Joshy boy”, she said with a wink before getting up and strutting into the kitchen. Yep, I could get used to this one.
♠ ♠ ♠
Decided on something different!
Look I don't want to say 10 comments until the next update but I'd love some, please just feedback!

Big huggles to Gracie for editing <3