Perfect Stranger

The perfect Stranger

He sat across the room in the corner amongst the shadows.
Even through the thick smoke, I could see his intense stare.
No matter how hard I tried, my eyes would not detach from his silhouette.
A curled smirk placed upon his crimson lips, sent a shiver down my back.
Sharp blue orbs persisted to pierce through me;it seemed to fuel the irresistible urge now boiling in my blood...
An urge to pounce and quench the increasing frustration spreading through out my limbs.
The pounding of the bass in the background seemed to be in rhythm of my heartbeat,
either that or my heartbeat was in rhythm with the music.
I appreciated every inch of him, as I drew the straw to my lips.
Vodka and coke flowed down my throat, as I admired his flawless flesh,
sculptured so heavenly it almost hurt to lay my eyes upon it.

For a split second, my eyes managed to tear from his to inspect the dance floor.
The sight of bodies grinding and twisting in time with each other,
covered in a sheet of sweat and desire.
A picture that only determined my actions of not dancing tonight.
I dragged my eyes across the room to where they wanted to settle.
My heart sank slightly noticing that my perfect stranger was no longer there.
I frowned as I took the last sip of my drink.
With a unsatisfied sigh, my feet took me to the bar for the forth time tonight.

Without a chance to let words slip from my lips, a deep, silk voice interrupted me.
"A whiskey on the rocks and whatever this beautiful women standing next to me would care to drink"
His eyes settled upon mine once more and a sweet, almost innocent smile spread upon his face.
"Um, I'll have the same please" I replied with a nervous tone.
His eyes focused on mine, I remembered that I had never drank whiskey before,
but I had also never seen such a handsome man before.
I watched intensely as this perfect stranger spoke in whispers towards the barman.
I took this opportunity to inspect him in more detail.
He stood at about 5ft 7, his waist length leather jacket clung to his muscular figure.

Finally my eyes rested back to the bar, where a drink was placed in front of me.
I wrinkled my nose, as I could smell the volume of alcohol already as I placed it near my lips.
From the corner of my eye I saw him chuckle at my actions.
I took a sip of my drink, resisting the urge to cough out the poison.
I placed my drink back on the bar and watched him, in one big swig swallow the whole lot.
I was impressed to say the least.
I looked around me, noticing how quiet the bar was.
We would of been alone, if it wasn't for the young couple sat across from us.

"So can I ask your name?" His voice was pure silk and it slithered into my ears and down my veins making my skin pimple.
"Ellie, and yours?" I nervously replied, fiddling with my fingers out of shyness.
"Damon.Nice to meet you." He smiled sweetly holding out his hand, and in turn our fingers entwined into a shake.
My heart fluttered at the touch of him. His hands were so cold but soft.
"Do you come out often?" He asked as we decided to sit upon the bar stools and got comfortable.
"Not really, I've just had a long day and needed to treat myself" I replied as I conjured up the nerves to take another sip of my drink.