Status: In Progress.

Don't Give Up On Love, Rusty Carter.

Sweet Iced Tea.

Dalton came out side five minutes later but Rusty was too busy working on her chores that she didn't even notice that he had come out side.

Dalton: "Rusty!"

Rusty stopped doing what she had been doing to look over at Dalon. There he stood with two glasses of sweet iced tea.

Even though she had been working out in the hot sun for a while, she could feel her cheeks turning red from blushing. She wasn't sure why she was blushing but she was. In her opinion, he had been rude to her ever since he had arrived to her house. She souldn't be blushing over this young man what-so-ever.

Rusty walked over to where Dalton was standing, though to be polite.

Rusty: "Yes?"

She was sure that one of the glasses of sweet iced tea was for her but she didn't want want to assume, either. He could be being mean by being a pig by drinking the two glasses of iced tea in front of her just to be even more rude to her.

Dalton: "I felt bad that you were working out in the hot sun with nothing to drink so I decided to bring you some sweet iced tea."

She didn't want to be nice to this young man by asking him why he was watching her from up stairs but she didn't want to start a fight with him so she decided to say some thing nice.

Rusty: "Well, thank you for being kind enough to bring me some thing to drink."

He shook his head and handed her the glass of sweet iced tea.

Dalton: "Not a problem."

She took the glass of sweet iced tea before sitting down on the porch swing. Dalton sat next to her, making sure that he didn't sit too close beside her with his glass of sweet iced tea.

Rusty looked off to the side and Dalton found himself wondering to know what she was thinking about.

Instead of asking, he didn't say any thing.

Rusty: "Can I ask you some thing?"
Dalton: "Sure, any thing."

Rusty: "Why don't you want to be here at my house?"

He let out a frustrated sigh before answering her question while Rusty looked at the ground.

Dalton: "I don't want to be here because my dad is a rodeo cowboy so he travels a lot on the road."

She bit her lip to think of what she should say before answering him.

Rusty: "So you want to be with your dad out on the road, right?"
Dalton: "Yeah."

Rusty: "What's so exciting about being on the road all day long, though?"
Dalton: "My dad is all I have. Plus, I was training to be a rodeo cowboy like him."

Slow the farm, slow the farm! She wasn't specific about what kind of cowboy she had wanted, she just wanted a cowboy of her own. A rodeo cowboy was even better, though.

Rusty: "Oh, how long has your dad been a rodeo cowboy?"
Dalton: "Ever since I was 10 years old."

Rusty: "When did you decide that you had wanted to be one, too?"
Dalton: "When I was 15 years old. He promised me that when I turned 18, I could start training to be a rodeo cowboy just like he was."

Rusty: "But he sent you here instead."
Dalton: "Right."

She could sort of understand his frustration about being here at her house.

Rusty: "I'm sorry for being rude to you when you first arrived."
Dalton: "It's okay. You didn't know about what was going on."

There was a long pause before either of them said any thing to each other.

Dalton: "Can I ask you some thing?"
Rusty: "Sure."

Dalton: "Why have you been in a bad mood ever since I have arrived?"
Rusty: "I haven't been in a bad ever since you have arrived."

Dalton: "Yes, you have."
Rusty: "Okay. Fine. May be I have."

Dalton: "Why, though? You don't even know me to be rude to me."

Rusty knew he was right on that one.

Rusty: "My 5 year old sister has recently passed away from Leukemia."
Dalton: "Seriously?"

She couldn't believe him! How could he have said that! Why would she make that kind of thing up!

Rusty: "How the heck could you say that?!"
Dalton: "I'm so sorry, Rusty. I didn't mean it like that."

He could have swore that he saw a tear run down her face. He felt bad for saying "seriously" like that. Honestly, he didn't know why he even said that. He just felt like she was making it up to have an excuse for treating him rudely.

Rusty: "I have go get back to finishing up my chores for the day."
Dalton: "Can I make it up to you by helping you out with your chores?"

Rusty: "Dalton, you don't have to make any thing up to me."
Dalton: "I know but I want to."

Rusty: "Well, okay."

He smiled at her.

Dalton: "If you ever need some one to talk to, I'm here for you."

She nodded in agreement.

Rusty: "Thank you, I think."
Dalton: "You're welcome."

Rusty and Dalton finished up their glasses of sweet iced tea before starting on her chores once again. After they were finished, they got to work on her chores once again.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment to tell me what you think.