Status: In Progress.

Don't Give Up On Love, Rusty Carter.

I'm A Survivor.

Rusty and Dalton had been working for going on an hour after finishing up their sweet iced tea. Both of them had gotten a lot done over the past hour.

Rusty: "Hey, do you mind if I go turn on the radio so that we can listen to music while we work?"
Dalton: "No, not at all do I mind."

With out saying another word to him, she walked over to the radio to turn it on for some music.

Nothing had been playing on the radio. It was just a bunch of commercials at the moment.

Rusty: "Dalton?"
Dalton: "Yes?"

Rusty: "Would you mind putting this stack of hay against the back wall? I would but it's a little too heavey for me to carry it over there."

Dalton chuckled a little because he thought that it was cute that Rusty had asked him for his help.

Rusty: "What's so funny?"
Dalton: "Oh, nothing. I just thought of a memory with my dad."

Rusty: "Oh, okay. So are you going to help me or not?"
Dalton: "Yeah, of course I will help you."

He picked up the stack of hay like it was nothing and she watched as he carried the stack of hay to the back wall and laid it down.

After he set the stack of hay against the wall, he turned around to face her.

Dalton: "Is here okay?"
Rusty: "Yeah, that's fine."

Just as Rusty and Dalton were about to start on another one of her chores, the DJ announced what song was coming up real soon.

The DJ: "And here is one from Reba McEntire. It's her song called I'm A Survivor."

I was born 3 months too early.
The doctor gave me 30 days.
But I must of had my momma's will.
And God's amazing grace.
I guess I'll keep on living.
Even if this loves to die for.
'Cause your bags are packed and I ain't crying.
You're walking out and I'm not trying to change your mind.
'Cause I was born to be.

Rusty took a deep breath before starting to sing a long with Reba McEntire on the radio.

Rusty: "The baby girl with out a chance. A victim of the circumstance. The one who outta give up but she's just too hard headed. A single mom who works two jobs. Who loves her kids and never stops. With gentle hands and a heart of a fighter. I'm a survivor."

Dalton stopped doing what he was doing to look at Rusty. Rusty could feel Dalton's eyes on her so she turned around to look at him as well.

Rusty: "Yes? Did I sound horrible to you?"

A smile flashed across his face before he answered her.

Dalton: "No, not at all. You sound real good. You should keep singing."

She blushed at his statement before she answered him.

Rusty: "Well, thank you."

She smiled at his statement before getting back to work.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment to tell me what you think?