Status: In Progress.

Don't Give Up On Love, Rusty Carter.

Asking About Lunch.

Rusty and Dalton had been working on Rusty's chores for four hours straight. It was getting to be lunch time for two, very hard-working people.

Dalton didn't know about Rusty, but he was starting to feel a little bit hungry with all of the work they had been doing. Plus, not to mention, he hadn't ate any thing all day. Of course, that was on his own thinking with no one to blame.

He had been thinking about asking Rusty if she had wanted to eat lunch with him. May be it would turn in to some thing good or may be it would turn in to some thing bad. Who knew, unless he asked. He tried to have positive thoughts for her, especially after she had told him about her five year old sister.

It wasn't that he was feeling pitty for her about her little sister, he just felt bad for being so rude to her with out him knowing what she had been going through. He knew that he could have been a little nicer to her, but he was angry, himself as well.

He didn't care about what the consequence would be if he had asked her to lunch, he just wanted to have lunch with a beautiful girl. He was going to take charge, he was going to ask, regardless.

Dalton: "Hey, so I'm getting a little hungry."

She stopped doing what she was doing, which was pulling a big weed away from the cow that was near her.

Dalton was thinking that the cow that was near Rusty was named Blue-Bell. Yes, Blue-Bell was his final answer for the name of the cow.

Rusty: "Yeah. I guess that I'm getting a little hungry, too."

He was thinking that he was making progress by her saying that she was hungry as well.

Dalton: "Would you mind having lunch with me?"
Rusty: "You mean, like a lunch date?"

He wasn't sure if he should say yes or no, so he just went with the flow of every thing.

Dalton: "Well, sure."
Rusty: "Oh."

He had no idea if that was a good or bad for an answer.

Dalton: "I mean, no. It would be just two people having lunch with each other."

She looked to the ground, as if she was hurt by what he had said.

Deep down, Dalton had wanted to think of this lunch as a lunch date, but he didn't want to force the issue with her. Deep down, Rusty had wanted to think of this lunch as a lunch date, but she was scared that if she let him in to quickly, she would end up getting hurt.

Instead of saying her hurt to him, she said some thing else.

Rusty: "Sure. Okay."

He smiled, just glad that she had said yes to having lunch with him.

Dalton: "Okay. Well, do you want to make lunch together?"
Rusty: "Sure. It could be fun."
♠ ♠ ♠
Please comment to tell me what you think, please?