Status: FINISHED! 8/20/12

Darling, I Just Can't Go On

16

"Alright class, we're doing a book project." My english teacher said making most of the classroom groan in protest. "Theres a copy of it on each of your desks so just pair up or whatever."

The room burst into movement as the students started mobing from one desk to another, pairing up with their friends, leaving the books forgotten on the desks. I brought me feet up onto the seat, letting my legs fold between me and the edge of the desk as I looked around at the excited teenagers.

"Hey Andi," Alex said as he sat down in the seat infront of me, turned to face me as he picked up the book that had been sitting on my desk.

I noticed the disappointed looks on the faces of all of the girls that he had walked past to get to my corner of the room. I couldn't help but let out a small laugh at their reactions making Alex look up at me with a smile.

"You laughed." He stated happily.

I meerly nodded as the girls continued to stare longingly at him and glare at me.

"You just broke so many hearts when you walked by." I said with another giggle at the confused look on his face. "All the girls in the class want to be your partner and you just walked right past every one of them."

He just smiled cockily as he glanced back over his shoulder, making all of the girls who had been staring at him look away quickly.

"I mean I am iresistable." He said making me scoff and roll my eyes playfully at him. "I like it when you're happy and you talk."

I blushed lightly at his words, looking down and letting my hair drape over my face to hide the coloring of my cheeks.

"So this book," I said trying to pull the conversation away from me. "I wonder how many of the people in here actually understand Edgar Allan Poe."

"I've actually heard of him, which is a plus for me." Alex laughed as he started skimming through the book.

"He's one of my favorite writers." I sighed as I also looked through the book, searching for my favorite story. "The mascots for the Baltimore Ravens are actually named after him, and the name of the team is based after one of his stories."

"You like football?" He replied quickly and I rolled my eyes at the sound of shock in his voice.

"I understand football and can sit through a game but I don't really get into it." I said with a shrug. "I also just know pointless facts like that."

A silence fell between us as Alex started reading one of the shorter poems in the book, only for his expression to slowly grow confused.

"I don't really get this..." He mumbled as he read it over again. "Do you think you could help me out with this?"

Just after he said that though the bell rang signalling the end of the school day.

"Maybe tomorrow," I said as I gathered up my things into my small bag.

"Well we could go to my house and work on it," He offered making me look up at him quickly.

I wasn't really sure if I wanted to be put in that situation, but I nodded none the less.

"I can drive since I know you get rides from Rian," I said as I moved in front of him so that he could follow me out to my car.

~~

Alex had directed me to his house, and not long after us arriving I found myself up in his bedroom looking around at his walls quietly. I tried to take in all of the band posters and the pictures of him and his friends all tacked up in random spots around the room. In the corner was a beat up old acoustic guitar that seemed to get used a lot.

"Sorry about the clutter," He said as he attempted to casually kick a small pile of dirty clothes under his bed.

"It's fine," I said as I went and sat down at his desk, which was covered completely in papers and other random things, before spinning the chair around so that I was facing him. "Mine's probably not much better."

He just nodded and sank down onto his bed, leaning himself up against the headboard as he stared at me. I stared back in return for a few minutes before moving so that i could reach down into my bag and pull out the medium sized book that we had gotten earlier.

"So Poe..." I said lamely, but Alex laughed none the less as he grabbed his own copy out of his bag on the floor.

"Why are you all the way over there?" Alex asked with a grin before motioning me over to him. "Come sit on the bed with me."

Hesitantly, I moved from my seat in the chair over to his bed, sitting down on his right and leaning up against the headboard in a smiliar position to his own.

We only really looked at the book for maybe twenty minutes before getting distracted by other things, our conversation trailing off at various points while I was trying to explain things to him.

There was a sudden burst of barking from downstairs, and I was shocked because I didn't know that he had a dog in the first place.

"Baz!" Alex called to the dog making it stop barking and come running up the stairs, it's collar jingling the entire way up.

I watched as a small brown, black, and white dog came bouncing into the room, jumping right up onto the bed and going straight to Alex. He just laughed as the dog licked at his face, begging him for attention.

"This is my dog Sebastian," He said when he finally was able to push the small creature away from his face. "But we all just call him Baz."

"He'e cute," I said as I smiled as I scratched behind the dog's ears.

Baz finally settled down and curled up between Alex and I, me stroking him lightly as he fell asleep.

"So you like dogs?" Alex asked, making me look up from the sleeping papillon.

"Yeah kinda, but I'm more of a cat person." I replied with a shrug. "But I do like Baz."
♠ ♠ ♠
So it's been a few days since I've updated, but every time I got an idea I ended up not being able to write it out.

I actually started writing this last night but ended up falling asleep half way through it because it had been a longish day for me.

Buuut, I got out of school last Thursday, which means I'll be able to write more and dedicate more of my time to this.

I also don't know how I feel about the new Mibba...

Anyway, comments are always welcomed and needed so that I can keep writing.