Status: FINISHED! 8/20/12

Darling, I Just Can't Go On

2

In the time I spent waiting for the boys next door to leave, I sat on my laptop with my music turned up all the way trying to block out the sounds of their guitars and drums. But with the mellow mood I was in, my music did little against their loud rowdy noise.

With a sigh I shut the lid of my laptop, sliding it back to its spot under my bed before standing up and stretching. Upon looking at the clock I saw 4:39 flashing at me, but it didn't sound like the boys were going to stop anytime soon.

I shuffled my feet out of my room and down the stairs leading into myself into the kitchen. I grabbed a small apple from the fruit basket and went to sit on the couch, turing on the TV.

I switched through channels as I nibbled at the skin of the red apple before stopping on Drake and Josh. I smiled lightly at their antics as I took my time eating, not in any rush to do much of anything.

Just as the show was ending, the front door opened behind me, making me crane my neck to see who it was.

"Hey sweetie you want to help me out with the rest of the bags?" My father asked refering to the many grocery bags hanging off of his arms meaning there were more out in the car.

I nodded, standing up and jogging upstairs to pull on a pair of shorts before heading out the front door which he had left open. When i reached into the trunk of the car to grab the few remaining bags I heard a wolf-wistel from the house to the right making me roll my eyes.

"Hey babe," A voice called. "So I'm in this band..."

I tried to hold in a scoff at his words, but when one of the other guys hit him upside the head I did let out a small laugh. With the bags now hanging in the crooks of my elbows I shut the lid of the trunk with a slam before moving back inside, ignoring the feeling of their eyes following me.

"What was that about?" My dad asked me, to which I could only shrug.

"I don't really know. Just boys being boys I guess."

"It wasn't that nice Dawson kid was it?" Dad asked a bit worried. "He always seemed like such a nice, well mannered boy."

"No dad, I was one of his stupid friends. Besides, Rian actually is really nice."

He only nodded before getting to work on putting the grocerys away.

"Alright kiddo I'm going to start dinner soon."

"Do you need any help?" I asked knowing my dad still wasnt completely used to it even though its been over a year since my mother had left us to go live with her new family.

"Yeah I'll be fine, why don't you go take a nap? I know you can't sleep when those boys are around."

"Thanks daddy, just come wake me up when its ready."

I knew the speration was taking its toll on him, but he needed his space. I backed away with a sad look on my face which he thankfully didn't notice. I finally turned all the way around and moved back up to my room, leaving the shorts on as I crawled back under my sheets which had grown cold since I had left them.
I felt my eyes start to grow heavy before I finally let the sleep take me over.

~~

I stood outside the next morning completely ready for school, but with my hands tangled back in my hair as I stared at my car is disbelief.

"No, no, no!" I muttered to myself as I gave to front of it a swift kick before turning around so I could rest against the hood. "Why do you hate me so much?"

"Uhh, having some car troubles?" A quiet voice asked from close by making me look in their direction.

Rian was standing there awkwardly scratching his head as he fidgited with his car keys.

"Yeah, it decided not to start out of nowhere." I mumbled, straightening back up and kicking it once more for good measure.

"I can give you a ride..." He offered trailing off a bit. "I mean since the bus went but over half an hour ago, and I know your dad already left..."

"That'd be awesome if you could." I said, actually grateful that he offered instead of her having to ask.

"Come hop in, I'll call the guys and tell them to get a ride from someone else." He said motioning for me to come his way.

"You really don't have to do that to them..." I mumbled as I walked over, climbing in the front seat after he had unlocked the doors. "I mean if you're their ride, don't let me mess that up."

"Don't worry about it, those fat fucks need to learn to rely on themselves." He said nonchalantly with a shrug as he started the engine, pulling his seat belt on at the same time as me.

With his phone poised between his ear and shoulder he backed out, already on the phone with on of them.

"Find a new ride fucker, pass it on." He said before hanging up, making a small laugh bubble up from inside of me.

"Thanks again Rian."

"It's no big deal Andi, anything for my favorite neighbor."

"Favorite neighbor?" I asked, tipping my right eyebrow up ever so slightly.

"Well the people on the other side are old and yell at my parents because of my drums." He said with yet another shurg. "You and your dad are pretty chill about it."

I didn't dare comment.
♠ ♠ ♠
So yeah, here's another update for today....I might have another one up soon...
Comments would be nice