Status: FINISHED! 8/20/12

Darling, I Just Can't Go On

26

As quietly as I could, I tried to creep through the front door when I returned home much later in that day than I expected. Despite knowing that I had to go home, I still ended up at Alex's the entire day as we messed around in the basement.

A smile came across my features at the thought of it, only for it to drop the second I closed the door.

"Where in the hell have you been!?" Dad bellowed at me as he suddenly stood face to face with me. "I haven't seen you since you left for school, yesterday, and then you just saunter in after being out all night and most of today."

I looked down at the floor, moving my fingers nervously as I avoided eye contact with him.

"Dr. Agarwal called me earlier today to inform me that you refuse to speak and that you won't cooperate." He continued, his arms crossing tightly over his chest as he tried to stifle his anger that just continued to build. "I'm just trying to help you Andi, and this is how you repay me? I don't know what to do!"

My eyes continued to shift around, his words hitting me hard. I shifted slightly when I felt my phone begin to vibrate in my back pocket but I ignored it, not daring to move with my father in such a rage.

"Just...Just go upstairs," He sighed, bringing a hand up to rub at his eyes tiredly. "I'm going to tell Dr. Agarwal about this, and I would suggest actually answering her if she brings it up."

I scurried away quickly, taking the steps quickly before locking myself in my room.

With I sigh I feel back onto my bed, hands rubbing harshly over my face as dad's words rang through my head. It wasn't until another set of vibrations came from my back pocket that I finally pulled my phone out.

2 New Messages: Alex Gaskarth

I opened both of them, laughing quietly at one of them that bascially said that he missed me already, with the appropriate frowny face.

I left like ten minutes ago :P Suck it up

I hit send before dropping my phone down onto the bed lightly.

~~

Sure enough, dad had called Dr. Agarwal and the next day I found myself back in her office curled up in a seat while I fiddled with my hands.

"Your father tells me that you were out all of Friday night and that you didn't return home until late on Saturday," She said after trying to make small talk, which I didn't respond to.

"Where were you in all of that time?"

"I was at a friend's house," I mumbled with a shrug, looking around at the walls, reading every little thing to distract me.

"What is your friend's name?" She asked me, trying to pull my attention back to her.

A small smile twitched at my lips as I thought of the brown haired boy making her give me a look as if to ask if I'm going to answer. I remained silent though, wanting to keep him out of any conversation with her.

"Okay then," She sighed. "Why have you not been coming home right away after school? I was told that you don't return home until past five, sometimes even six o'clock."

"I hang out with my friends," I replied, keeping my answers vauge.

"Do you have a lot of friends Andi?"

I let out a small, humorless laugh at the thought of me having a lot of friends. A few months before, I would have laughed at the thought of me having even one close friend. But now I had four friends, four really awesome ones at that.

"I'll take that as a no..."She said sounding almost uncertain. "Do you have a best friend?"

Again my thoughts drifted to Alex, bringing the smile back to my face as I gave a small nod.

"Will you tell me their name?" She asked, me going silent once more after the question.

After more questions from her that I barely gave an answer to, she finally said that our time was up and that I could leave.

I all but jumped out of my chair as I left, letting out a sigh of relief as soon as I was in my car once more.

As I was starting the engine, a small piece of paper sticking out of the glove compartment caught me eye. I tilted my head to the side slightly in confusion as I reached over to open it.

What I found was a blue sticky note, which is what was sticking out, with an arrow pointing to two CDs that weren't mine. I reached in and pulled them both out, laughing when I saw the words All Time Low on both of them, each one with a small drawing on the cover.

I rolled my eyes when I recognized them as Alex's style of doodling before dropping the one with the yellow and black cover onto the passengers seat, popping the other out of it's case and putting it in my CD player.

I listened to both of the CDs as I drove home, not wanting to turn the car off when I pulled into the driveway. With a small sigh i turned the key, shutting everything down, before climbing out of the car and heading inside.

Looking around, I found that dad wasn't home. Moving into the kitchen to grab something to eat, I saw a note hanging off the front of the fridge by a magnet.

Got called into work last minute. I won't be home til late. Don't do anything stupid.

I rolled my eyes at how he had worded the last part before reaching into my pocket and pulling out my phone. Quickly dialing a familiar number, I moved to the fridge, pulling it open right when the other person answered.

"Hey Alex, want to come over?"
♠ ♠ ♠
For some reason I was really itching to update this...It's probably the 10 or so comments that I got! Seriously guys, you are amazing. I never expected this much feed back on this!

I hope that I'm doing this justice since I feel a bit shitty right now. I had a rough weekend and I haven't been feeling all that great the last two days.

So again, thank all of you who take the time to comment, and also it would be fantastic if you went to recommend this (If you haven't already!).