Status: FINISHED! 8/20/12

Darling, I Just Can't Go On

29

I walked out to my car quickly, already running a bit late after having slept in. As I pulled my door open, I was suddenly reminded of the text I had recieved much earlier that morning from Jack.

Not giving myself time to second guess it, I opened the door for the backseat, giving it a quick once over to see if I could figure out what he could have been talking about. I was about to close the door when a misplaced CD case tucked halfway under the passenger's seat caught my eye.

I stretched myself out over the seat to grab it, trying to forget the fact that my ass was sticking out behind me when I finally got a hold on it.

I got into the driver's seat and started up the car, tossing the CD onto the seat next to me as I pulled out of the drive way, going slightly over the speed limit to try and get to Alex and Jack's houses in enough time to get us to school

I had learned quickly that both of them bum rides off of anyone they can, never taking the time to actually drive themselves places when they had other people who could do it for them. First it was Rian driving them to school, and then it was me when they had 'gotten bored' with him.

I pulled up outside of Alex's house and laid on the horn to signal him to come outside.

"Why do you have this?" He asked when he opened the door, laughing loudly when he saw the CD on his seat.

"Jack texted me last night saying if I found anything, it was you." I replied with a shurg as he closed the door, pulling away and heading in the direction of the other boy's house.

Alex just continued to laugh as he removed the CD from it's case, pushing it into the CD player that was rarely used anymore before skipping to track three. It wasn't until we pulled up outside of Jack's house that he pressed play, cranking up the volume when he saw the tall boy emerge from the house.

I'M A BARBIE GIRL, IN A BARBIE WORLD...

"FUCK YOU ALEX!" Jack yelled while flipping the grinning boy off.

I just laughed along with Alex as Jack pouted and sulked in the back seat, arms crossed over his chest.

"I was really hoping you wouldn't fucking find it!" Jack whined when we pulled up to the school and I ejected the CD, putting it back in it's case before handing it back to him. "I didn't even realize it fell out of my bag..."

"Why do you even have that still?" Alex asked him, shoving the other boy's shoulder so that he stumbled in my direction as we walked down the lane of the parking lot, Rian joining us when we walked past where he parked. "I told you to burn it!"

"I fucking forgot! I found it and I was going to give it back to you, but nooo Andi had to go and find it and listen to it!"

"Alex was the one who played it!" I replied, shoving him on his other shoulder so that he went stumbling into Alex. "I was going to give it back, no questions asked."

"See Alex, she's actually a good fucking person!" Jack said before throwing himself onto Alex's back, making him carry him into the building while Rian only shook his head at their antics.

~~

The weeks started passing faster and faster, leaving me head in a whirl as I spent those weeks with the boys, loving every minute of it.

The teachers in school were starting to bring up college more and more seeing as we were seniors, always metioning how important it is. I had always planned on going to college, but the thoughts had faded.

It made me think, and I mean really think, about what I wanted to do with my future. What would I do after high school? Did I still want to go to college? What career do I want to have?

I didn't know the answers to the questions at the time, but I knew that I would need to find them soon.

But at that point, the only thing on my mind was that fact that it was almost Halloween.

"Are we still going to that party over at Lucy's house?" Jack asked the other three when I brought up the subject.

I looked over to Alex to see his reaction, only to find him looking back over at me.

"I don't think I'm gunna go," He said, eyes leaving me so that he could look at the other guitarist.

"But we always go!" The boy whined in return, bringing out the pout that he used far too often.

Alex just shrugged, looking over at me with a crooked smile when Jack had stopped paying attention to him. I just shook my head and smiled back.

It wasn't until the band had decided to call it a day and Alex was walking me over to the house so that I could give him a ride home that he brought the subject back up.

"So what are you doing on Halloween?" He asked as I leaned against the driver's side door, him standing in front of me with his hands shoved into the pockets of his skinny jeans.

"I normally just sit on the couch all night and watch classic horror movies like the nerd I am," I replied as I gave a sheepish smile.

"Well then, is there room for one more?" He asked as he grinned at me.

"Well I would love to have your wonderful company, but I'll have to talk to my dad about it...He's still a bit weird about a few weeks ago," I said referring to when we had been caught.

"That's fine," He said looking back just as Jack came skipping out of the garage and over to the car. "Just let me know."

I rolled my eyes as the lanky boy wrapped his arms around Alex's middle from behind, resting his chin on the shorter boy's shoulder.

"Are we ready to leave my love muffins?" He asked in a seductive voice before licking up the side of Alex's neck.

Alex groaned and pushed Jack away, trying to wipe the spit off of his neck as I just laughed, not expecting Jack to jump over and plant a sloppy kiss on my cheek. This time it was me who groaned and tried to wipe the spit off of my face as I pressed my hand against Jack's face to push him away.

"Just get in the car."
♠ ♠ ♠
This chapter is a filler if there ever was one~ I realized that I need to start progressing into the school year for them, and the best way is to just skip to important holidays/event with a few fillers in between so I can get to the juicy stuff I have planned for the end of this story. The end is still a ways away, but just know that I do have a plan for how it's gunna end.

I've also had the movie marathon idea on Halloween idea for a while now, since I planned on Alex turning down the party. And what better way to spend the night than cuddled up on a couch with a girl?

I was wondering the other night, what do you guys think the sequel is going to be about? I know it's hard to tell since the story isn't over yet, but do you guys have any ideas forming yet on what's going to happen after they graduate?

I don't think you'll be able to guess my plans, but what do I know?

Anyways, I love the feedback you guys have been giving me! The reason I've been updating so much is because you all comment, so I feel obligated to give you something in return for your comments.