Status: FINISHED! 8/20/12

Darling, I Just Can't Go On

3

As we pulled up in front of the school, a not very happy looking Alex appeared by the car. I looked down as I opened the door, sliping out and moving away quickly despite Rian protesting to ignore Alex.

"Dude what the fuck? Why'd you just bail on us like that!?" Alex asked with outrage in his tone.

"Calm your fucking tits bro-"

I didn't get a chance to hear the rest of the conversation due to my distance away from them.

I tried to blend myself into the crowds heading through the front doors, my mind running wild with thoughts of how I could get home without having to get another ride from Rian.

I managed to make it through most of my classes while avoiding Rian, as well as Alex who had thrown me a few dirty looks in the hall when I would pass him. But I was never a lucky person, and I had my AP English class with Alex 7th period.

I could never comprehend how a guy like alex could make it into an AP class, much less an English one from the way I heard him talk with his friends.

Letting my eyes drop down to the tops of my shoes I moved into the classroom, going quickly to my seat in the back corner of the room.

The class was filling up quickly and just before the bell rung, Alex sauntered his was in followed by the teacher, who had a dirty look on his face regaurding the brown haired boy taking his time to get to his seat.

"Now that Mr. Gaskarth has made himself comfortable, we can start." The teacher said, bitterness dripping from his words. It was easy to tell that he, amung other teachers, couldn't stand the kid. "Write me something, I don't really care what it is, just spend the period writing and then leave."

That's what I liked about the teacher, he let you do whatever you wanted as long as you turned in at least a full page of writing by the end of class. Knowing that he wouldnt care, I slipped my old iPod out of my bag and unwound the earbuds before shoving them into my ears. I set it to shuffle and tried to lose myself in the writing.

By the time the bell rang all I had on my paper was some scribbled down lyrics, and knowing that I had nothing else to turn it, I dropped it on the pile that was forming as the other students filed out of the room.

It wasn't until i was dumping my last few text books into my locker that I realized that I needed to find a ride home, and that my best bet was to find Rian.

I only made it a few steps from my locker before I got shouldered back into by a tall, muscular football player.

"Watch it freak," He sneered as he looked back.

I shook it off before trying to make it down the hallway, my bag clutched to my chest. I made it out to the parking lot where I found Rian leaning up against his car in the pick up lane.

"Hey Andi, I figured you'd need a ride home too." He said, scratching the back of his head lightly before letting his arm drop back down awkwardly.

"Thanks," I mumbled, nodding at him.

He smiled, moving around to his side as I climbed into the passenger seat. He was just about to pull away when the left side door opened and two bodies piled in ontop of each other.

"DRIVE DAWSON DRIVE!" A high pitched, very girl sounding voice yelled, but I knew that it was only Rian's friend Jack.

"Shit man go, that fucking bitch is after us!" Alex said slamming the door closed.

Rian only rolled his eyes and pulled away from the curb. Just as he made it into the line of cars, a very flustered looking teacher pushed her way out the front doors.

"What the fuck did you guys do?" Rian asked, noticing her as well.

As Jack and Alex began to explain, I slunk down in my seat, trying to go unnoticed.

When we made it back to the Dawson residence, I hadn't had to say a word, and I was grateful for it.

"Thanks again Rian," I said quietly pushing my door open and letting my feet drop to the ground.

"Hey wait," He said making me stop. "Do you need a ride tomorrow too?"

I just shrugged, knowing that both of the boys in the back seat were watching me.

"I'm going to ask my dad to look at my car so I don't know."

"I could take a look at it if you want? I know a thing or two about cars." He said, drawing the attention of the other boys to him.

"You don't need to..." I said before closing the door, giving a small wave, before moving across the lawns to my house with my arms crossed over my chest.

~

All the boys watched as the quite girl walked away, not knowing what to say or do.

"What's with her Ri-man? And why are you giving her rides?" Jack asked.

"Her car broke down this morning, and I couldn't just like leave her." He explained as he got out of the car, knowing the others were following. "And her mom left them like a year ago. It's been her and her dad ever since."

"Shit bro..." Alex mumbled, suddenly feeling bad for how he'd treated the girl earlier.
♠ ♠ ♠
Longer~
And I know that there's people reading this, so It'd be pretty awesome if you guys could comment...